Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board
Default Re: Cleveland with the weird picks

I think Thompson is gonna pan out. He is definitely better than Tyrus. It'll be interesting to see what Val does in Toronto, though.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
Did you guys even watch the games? Tristan ended up being a pretty good player. Varejao coaching him all year and he held his own as an undersized center (we had no choice but to play him there). Freaky athletic too. No way he ends up being Tyrus 2.0

You guys passed up Valanciunas, maybe I'll eat my crow after we see him play this year but Valanciunas >>> Thompson by far. I don't think anyone is saying Thompson is some scrub who should be in the D-League and is a huge bust, but it was a mistake by passing up Valanciunas to get Thompson.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #18
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

tyler f*cking zeller?

when the hell was the last time a white american center was any good in this league?

david lee? cool, that get me super excited

what the f*ck.

dion waiter? we passed on barnes, drummond, ross, for dion waiters?

this dude will never be dwayne wade....

god damnit... tyler f*cking zelller?
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
tyler f*cking zeller?

when the hell was the last time a white american center was any good in this league?

david lee? cool, that get me super excited

what the f*ck.

dion waiter? we passed on barnes, drummond, ross, for dion waiters?

this dude will never be dwayne wade....

god damnit... tyler f*cking zelller?

i feel the same about waiters, but zeller is great for us

we need a center who can shoot, since tristan cant make a thing outside the paint, and ontop of that can get you som buckets down low
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #20
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere

I currently work and attend grad school about 85 miles north of Yolo County.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #21
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i feel the same about waiters, but zeller is great for us

we need a center who can shoot, since tristan cant make a thing outside the paint, and ontop of that can get you som buckets down low

i feel better about the waiter pick then i do about zeller...

cleveland must be very confident about him... jim boheim had some great comments on him as well.. said no one in the nba can guard him one on one unless their name is russell westbrook.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #22
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stoked about getting a true Center.

Zeller/TT starting with AV off the bench as a swing PF/C 6th Man.

Not too thrilled that we went with an undersized shooting guard as our main pick, but we will have to wait and see how he does.

Overall I am not at all disappointed with this draft.

Zeller will be Z 2.0
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #23
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

Cunningham will probably end up being better than Waiters in the long term.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zeller was ****ing stellar value, I was screaming for Bird to move up for him. Not sure I buy him as long term starter at the 5 but he's a perfect major minute 3rd big at either frontcourt spot.

Waiters was just ****ing dumb though.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Waiters is super nice, you guys will see & I hate the Cavs.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Could have selected Robinson, Barnes or Drummond but no....

If i were Kyrie i would be ****ing pissed

Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #27
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
Did you guys even watch the games? Tristan ended up being a pretty good player. Varejao coaching him all year and he held his own as an undersized center (we had no choice but to play him there). Freaky athletic too. No way he ends up being Tyrus 2.0
I wasn't really dissing ya'll. Just that you guys do it differently, now either you guys or geniuses or not. Still, both Tristan and Waiters got picked by Cavs way too early with some high quality drafts available.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #28
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #29
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

DINO WAITERS

also this pick ****ing sucked, lmao @ the Cavs ****ing up twice with the 4th overall
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Thompson was 2nd Team All NBA Rookie Last Year. Now, it's not a badge of honor to carry around 2nd Team awards, but it's far from a flop. They drafted three things with Thompson: Energy, Defense, and Rebounding - and he was very good in all 3 areas.

Dion Waiters: Does anyone listen to Fran Frischella? He seems to have this inside niche on Foreign players and other "sleepers". When asked about Dion Waiters vs. Harrison Barnes, he said: "I'd draft Waiters and it's not even close." And he coached Barnes in some under 18 national competition. Jim Boeheim said hands down Waiters is the most talented player he has ever coached at Syracuse . He was rated as the best one on one talent in this draft and the player most likely to get to the basket in the entire draft. STRANGE SELECTION, no doubt - but this isn't a Darko pick.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: