Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Mike Dunlap is our new HC

And everyone continues to laugh at us.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Dunlap is our new HC

LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Okay so Bonnell reports that it's down to Sloan, Shaw and Snyder. Sloan gets word of how cheap Jordan is and bolts. Shaw and Snyder come back for a 2nd interview and their price is too high for his air cheapness. Then MJ remembers asking George Karl who he would recommend at a rock bottom salary and bingo, welcome coach Dunlap.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw this quote on Facebook:
Quote:
"Anytime you get a chance to sign an assistant coach from the 10th best Big East team in the conference you just have to do it."
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

After Sloan bowed out I figured it was going to be Snyder so I find it pretty hard to be upset with Dunlap. Our main need is to develop these players and Dunlap is supposedly very good at that. What intrigues me most though is that some are saying Tim Grgurich is going to be on his staff...and that is a GREAT addition!

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...ure/index.html

Nobody has the reputation Grgurich has of being able to coach up players/get them to their ceiling.

If Grgurich comes then I'm more than happy.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Well spectre, I give you the power to carry all optimism for the rest of us here, because we certainly don't have any.

I said it in the main forum when I saw the announcement: If we screw up this draft, I'm done with this team.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[IMG]http://ranndomized.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/what_the_****3.jpg[/IMG]

St Johns took a nose dive without Lavin. This makes zero sense to me
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not entirely willing to take a pessimist's view either.

I am completely baffled with this signing considering all the names that were apparently available and interested, but I'm not going to burn the guy before he shows what he can do. We've seen Bickerstaff, Vincent and just now Sam Vincent run this team. This guy would have to do a pretty shitty job to not be the second best coach we've ever had.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Just saw this quote on Facebook:

Could you post the FB link either here or in a private message. I'd love to find a good Bobcats page on FB.
Thx.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Well spectre, I give you the power to carry all optimism for the rest of us here, because we certainly don't have any.

I said it in the main forum when I saw the announcement: If we screw up this draft, I'm done with this team.

No you wouldn't. Besides, between 2-5 it's hard to determine who's going to break out. Go towards the safer route in Robinson, Beal or more upside with Drummond, MKG? I can't really see a lot of fault if we go with any of these guys...so making the choice all or nothing isn't really fair IMO.

I've harped on this all last season since we lost LB; these players need a teacher first and foremost to get their value up. Right now everyone has a low value because of last season and they're not going to get much better on their own. Cho has said repeatedly that player development was the chief factor in the new coach and he's held true to that in the selection of Dunlap.

Is he really that much worse than Quinn Snyder?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Could you post the FB link either here or in a private message. I'd love to find a good Bobcats page on FB.
Thx.

https://www.facebook.com/bobcats

https://www.facebook.com/season.ticketholder
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/video/201...lapm4v-2133663

Notice Cho's 3 points. Everything he and Dunlap talks about we sorely need.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.

I like the move the Cats made. We will have a good team in the long run. It starts with the draft though and I think Bradley Beal will be the pick.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
sonicman
Decent playground baller

sonicman has an OK reputation so far

Good to see the old Adelaide 36ers coach get an NBA gig!
He managed to take them to the grand final in '94, maybe he can do something with the Bobcats...
sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~

If Grgurich comes then I'm more than happy.

Dunlap said yesterday that Grgurich wasn't going to be on his staff.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: