Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #31
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

whoever participates, limit the dunk attempts for god's sake.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #32
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i think the Dunk contest is for young studs only... that's why it's the "Rising Star" contest...

sorry VC...

i don't know who takes part... but i know who will win if he does...

Slam Dunk Contest - Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudemire (either of them will pull the rim down)

3 pt Shoot-out - Raja Bell is a lock!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #33
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytalarino
IF there were 8 participants, like the good old days...

Gerald Green
Dorell Wright
Trevor Ariza (if he's healthy)
Rodney Carney
T.J. Ford
Luther Head
Smush Parker
James White

If Nate Robinson MUST be in it, can we get a split screen, like the 3-point contest, and when The Little Gangster is attempting his dunk 15 times, Helicopter from the And1 tour dunks at the other end of the court?
Ummm, they are no where near the best dunkers in the league. I've sen Luther play alot. He can dunk, but he's no where near the level of say iggy or gerald green.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #34
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

had i been robbed the way iggy was on the slam dunk contest i wouldn't want to go back either.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #35
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Dwight & Nate are locks for the contest. Don't know anyone else.

Is Dwight really going to do it? That'd be freaking awesome.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #36
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fiyah has an OK reputation so far

if only we could have Kobe, T-Mac, VC, and LeBron in a dunk contest.. I'd probably kiss David Stern if that happened
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #37
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

You know Andre said after the dunk contest last year that he wouldn't be participating again........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carney would be interesting to see in the contest but i think Nate should just quit while he is ahead and realize he was lucky to be givin the title last year. James White should be brought up for the contest alone and maybe Tyrus Thomas could get a shot to enter the contest.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #39
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Carney would be interesting to see in the contest but i think Nate should just quit while he is ahead and realize he was lucky to be givin the title last year. James White should be brought up for the contest alone and maybe Tyrus Thomas could get a shot to enter the contest.
Last I heard, James White had been brought up by the Spurs. I could be wrong, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #40
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you are correct. he is in the spurs organization now.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #41
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Slam Dunk Contest - Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudemire (either of them will pull the rim down)

I'd rather see Dwight in it than Amare.

It's weird....Amare is undoubtedly much more fluid than Dwight on offense but when they dunk, amare is more stiff....not as flexible/creative.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #42
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I don't get why they don't just do it like the Mcdonalds high school, or the college contests, where they have a round of 30 seconds to do a dunk, and there's no limit on tries, that way it doesn't last a day and a half (thanks birdman), and you don't have that BS about "well, now he doesn't have a make-up dunk" when it's on the line.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #43
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I don't get why they don't just do it like the Mcdonalds high school, or the college contests, where they have a round of 30 seconds to do a dunk, and there's no limit on tries, that way it doesn't last a day and a half (thanks birdman), and you don't have that BS about "well, now he doesn't have a make-up dunk" when it's on the line.

that would make it better for sure. the dunk contest has become boring as hell with the unlimited tries crap. if i wanted to watch a guy try something 400 times before finally getting it i'd watch an And1 game.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #44
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

I think there should be six contestants. 5 from the NBA and one wildcard from the general public. That way you can have someone like the AIR UP THERE can participate. In fact it should be a national contest for the wildcard spot, with regional competitions. It could become a reality show on the NBA network....oh ****...I am off to NYC to pitch it to stern now!
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #45
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AIR UP THERE would win easily
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: