Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #16
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
i cant see them doing anything special in a dunk contest.

Me either. Good in game dunkers, but I don't think they have the ups or creativity to compete.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #17
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nate
Dwight
Green(maybe)
Final spot is open. Theres James White who I said earlier this season he was going to be in it but playing in the D-League uh.....
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's pretty obvious that Andre doesn't want to do it because he was robbed last year. you can tell by reading from that that he really thought he should have won it and that the whole long process only to lose in the end really did suck.

Nate robinson's winning dunk last year wasn't so creative as we have seen those dunks before.

AI was totally creative. I think he should have won
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:02 AM   #19
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWizard
Iguodala was robbed last year. He's probobly still pissed at the judges.

I honestly think Kenny Smith was the culprit of the robbery. He obviously saw over the judges shoulders before he raised his score. What a prick.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 AM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

First of all I think we can all agree that Iggy only had like 2 nice dunks... but that was still better than the midge that got 60 retries. Everyone knows that. No point on participating if the winner is already decided.

Chris Anderson > Robinson.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #21
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

If Nate throws down the off the board between the legs, where would that rank all time in terms of contest dunks?
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:48 AM   #22
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

imho, they should change the dunk system.

Give that **** a timelimit. Nate Robinson probably used up like a career of dunks.

1 minute time limit imho would be great. 30 seconds in college would work fine. But not as many attempts as you want before you can throw it down.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quick, somebody take out Finley and Barry. Maybe White may get the call-up. Gerald Green also has to be in this. Carney and Warrick would be fun to watch in this as well.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #24
grover
I brick open layups

grover has an OK reputation so far
Default Three Strikes

Give 'em three strikes.

The judges score all three, then pick the best of those as the player's score for that round. The Nate & Birdman show needs to stop. Who the *!& is going to find that interesting?!

Increase the prize and see who will participate then. Give the big dogs a reason to risk it.

Maybe make it a % of their salary or something. So a first-round, 1st year guy would be competing for something like 30,000 (3M*.01), while a Kobe or Vince is competing for something like 150-200K.
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #25
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

IF there were 8 participants, like the good old days...

Gerald Green
Dorell Wright
Trevor Ariza (if he's healthy)
Rodney Carney
T.J. Ford
Luther Head
Smush Parker
James White

If Nate Robinson MUST be in it, can we get a split screen, like the 3-point contest, and when The Little Gangster is attempting his dunk 15 times, Helicopter from the And1 tour dunks at the other end of the court?
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #26
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Hmm I thought for sure I posted some were that Iggy said he was not going to do it anymore after last year.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #27
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Rudy Gay needs to be on that list... and also, i think iggy wouldn't want to do it after last years robbery, even though he lists other reasons.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #28
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytalarino
IF there were 8 participants, like the good old days...

Gerald Green
Dorell Wright
Trevor Ariza (if he's healthy)
Rodney Carney
T.J. Ford
Luther Head
Smush Parker
James White

If Nate Robinson MUST be in it, can we get a split screen, like the 3-point contest, and when The Little Gangster is attempting his dunk 15 times, Helicopter from the And1 tour dunks at the other end of the court?
i would love to see trevor ariza in the dunk contest.. i reckon he'll be very creative.. He's dunk on okafor was just nasty

also what about hakim warrick.. i actually thought he's dunks last time where nice, i just think the judges where stindgy
Old 01-21-2007, 05:12 AM   #29
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

seeing as how he got robbed once who can blame him. If that dumb midget does try to dunk again I really hope he embrasses himself bad. I was rooting for him right up till the point he got 20-something attempts on one stupid dunk that wasn't even very good.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #30
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
seeing as how he got robbed once who can blame him. If that dumb midget does try to dunk again I really hope he embrasses himself bad. I was rooting for him right up till the point he got 20-something attempts on one stupid dunk that wasn't even very good.

lol, CO-SIGNED!!!!!

The dunk would've been nasty if he had done it the first time. or even within the first 3-4 times. I was jumping outta my seat when i saw the attempt cuz it was something i had only seen in nba live, but by the time he did it i was just like damnit!! finally, now sit down.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: