Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Comics fighter)

Quote:
As Warner Bros. readies to release "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel" next year, its videogame division also is actively prepping its own tentpole titles based on DC's comicbook characters, with "Injustice: Gods Among Us" set to turn the supeheroes into villains. Game division hopes to launch "Injustice" as a new fighting franchise that features an original story and large cast of DC Comics icons such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash and Wonder Woman. NetherRealm Studios, behind WB's successful reboot of "Mortal Kombat," produced "Injustice."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,5358449.story

Looking forward to seeing all the characters unique move sets. MK9 was absolutely amazing, I expect the same from the develops with this game. No one get it twisted, this is not the rushed and lowly funded Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe. The roster will consist of 20+ characters, and is due out early 2013.

Here's an interview plus some gameplay. It's clear the game is still incomplete and this demo doesn't even show health bars or meter bars. But it still looks amazing regardless of being incomplete. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClsHD...ure=plpp_video

Last edited by Undisputed : 06-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Comics fighter)

I like this trailer. I can't wait for the final roster. Solomon Grundy looks like he'll be pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzbcS...ature=youtu.be
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Comes out tomorrow already had it on pre order.Cant wait for tomorrow
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Got it today WITH the arcade style joystick.

I will own online matches.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love the idea, but I have never been a fan of Mortal Kombat style games. I'm torn.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde
Got it today WITH the arcade style joystick.

I will own online matches.
I'm 1-12 in ranked matches
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I love the idea, but I have never been a fan of Mortal Kombat style games. I'm torn.
I dont know what to tell you.It's a little different from MK and I think they decided to take some stuff from street fighter like pressing back is now block.Also combos seem way more important in this game unlike in MK.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I dont know what to tell you.It's a little different from MK and I think they decided to take some stuff from street fighter like pressing back is now block.Also combos seem way more important in this game unlike in MK.

You think combos don't seem too important in MK? I've still been playing it ever since it came out, and you gotta have some serious combos in your arsenal to be competitive. You can't do much after I drop 61% damage on you with Quan Chi, or 47% with Kitana.

I played the Injustice demo and wasn't too impressed with it. It looks great, but the controls just don't feel as fluid or precise as they did with MK9. I've never had an issue getting off special moves in fighting games, but in the demo, i had some trouble getting off a couple of Batman's specials consistently...maybe the finished product's a little more streamlined. I'll Redbox it if I see it, but I don't think I'll be dropping $60 for it.

Oh, and Batman's voice.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This game is no MK9, but it has it's place. It feels different and plays different from any fighter out there, and to me that's very refreshing. So sick of the same ol' fighters(except MK) releases sequel after sequel...there's rarely anything fresh out there when it comes to fighters.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
This game is no MK9, but it has it's place. It feels different and plays different from any fighter out there, and to me that's very refreshing. So sick of the same ol' fighters(except MK) releases sequel after sequel...there's rarely anything fresh out there when it comes to fighters.

Do you still play MK? We were supposed to throw down and I have no idea why we didn't.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Borrowed it from a buddy. Played through the storyline.

It's deeper than MK I think. With the character special abilities and the move sets in general it has a pretty unique feel to it. I still am not the biggest fan of the systems, but once you get a handle on the basic concept it makes you feel pretty competent which is a plus over noob hating fighters like Tekken.

The voice acting for the majority of characters is awful, and the faces of the characters during scenes are among some of the worst I can remember from such a large game this late in the generation.

The story was intersting and I was REALLY happy that the game was balanced. Switching from character to character made it hard to master any one, so if they had the boss battles for each character be as unbalanced as other fighters (SF X Tekken comes to mind. So does.... Jinpachi... hate that fight), it would killed it for me.

The fights themselves look good, good crisp animation, good interactive level design. Some supers are really cool, some not so much.

It's not Tekken Tag 2. It's not Marvel v Capcom. Shit it isn't even Street Fighter X Tekken. But it isn't bad by any stretch. I would buy it once I can pick it up used for 20 bucks or so.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Are there any Street Fighter IV (Arcade Edition or Super) posters here? Why doesn't anyone ever challenge me in this? You guys have to be out there. I don't mean that cross Tekken bullshit, just strictly SSFIV.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #13
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Do you still play MK? We were supposed to throw down and I have no idea why we didn't.
Right? And I played MK9 exclusively until Injustice came out. But really, I haven't been playing much of anything in the past two months, just not much time. When I do play, I've just been chipping away at the Injustice story line, just finished it today.

I am still down to go back to MK9 after I get to train up in Injustice. MK9 is by far my favorite fighting game of all time. Hit me up, my new tag is In Perdition. You playing Injustice at all?

And LoJ, never been a much of Street Fighter player. I stopped play Street Fighter when Arcades started disappearing. To me, the controls of Street Fighter never fit playing with a pad...and I really prefer playing with a pad.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
code green
C's Fan since Dee

I said I wasn't a big fan of the demo and I wouldn't be buying the game, but my brother picked it up last week and I figured I'd post how I felt about it.

1. It's ****ing hard. I play with a group of friends that played Mortal Kombat non-stop. We have tourneys, do pretty well online, and can usually beat tower mode on expert without losing around. That being said, we get wiped off the stage on the hardest difficulty on Injustice. I don't know what it is, but the CPU is much less forgiving in Injustice than it is in MK. We'll work our way up (The second to highest difficulty is definitely manageable) and I'm going to keep on playing until I get better, but the difficulty definitely surprised me.

2. The controls border on atrocious. I don't know how many times I've inputted commands for combos and missed a hit leading into a combo done on me. The absolute worst is trying to jump into a combo or crossjump and my character just jumps straight up in the air, also setting me up for big damage. This put me in particular at a severe disadvantage, as my main strategy in MK was crossjumping into combos. Wakeup attacks barely work, and trying to get up and attack after being knocked down usually leads to the CPU hitting me first. Another complaint is how precise you have to be when you use the background weapons. We turned them off, thinking it's sort of unfair. Just our opinion. And getting rid of the block button was a stupid mistake. It's what made MK stand out from the crowd, and it's an advantage.

3. I was a big fan of clashes when i first played, but realized they can be used right after you do a super attack since your super bar is completely drained. It's still a cool concept, you just have to be more careful when to perform a super attack.

4. The characters themselves and their moves are pretty good. I kept with my tradition of having a female character as my #1, (Kitana in MK, Harley Quinn in Injustice) and love the back+X knockback into another combo, especially when using the level transitions. They seem pretty even, can't think of any characters that completely dominate other than Superman and the CPU's Doomsday.

5. No tag ladders was pretty disappointing. I love the fact that they have multiple battle types you can play to keep it fresh, but 2 player cooperative action was a HUGE addition to MK9 and was a HUGE letdown that we didn't get it for Injustice. It was popular with my group of friends and popular online, I don't know why they left it out this time around.

6. Star Labs - pretty cool, I like it better than the Challenge Tower in MK. The "three star" system makes it a lot more challenging than its predecessor.

7. Fighting online is head and shoulders above fighting online in MK. I haven't played a ton of it, but the matches I've played had pretty much zero lag. I was pleasantly surprised.

8. The story mode was deep, but confusing as hell. I picked this game up as a fan of the MK team, not the DC universe, so I know I'm at a disadvantage. I know most of the characters (few exceptions like Black Adam, Ares, Green Arrow) and their powers, but the multiple universes and keeping track of which characters belong to which timeline was sort of overwhelming. Still a fun mode to play, I'm about 75% done with it.

Those are my opening thoughts about the game after three or four days of playing, I'll be sure to do some updates after I get more accustomed to the game and challenge some of the PS3 players here to battle. Despite the negatives I had about the game, I enjoy playing it....just not as much as MK. Anyone else here playing this a lot?

Last edited by code green : 06-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

The demo was sooooooooo d!ck. I cancelled my preorder because of the demo, then bought it a day after it came out(though I didn't get to play much for the first month it was out).

Now dude, I have fallen in love with this game. But it certainly was a frustrating experience adapting to the game from MK. About what you said on wake-ups and the controls, they're actually great. You are just used to the pace, blocking system, and timing of MK and it's messing you up. This game is something new and totally different. It plays like nothing else and that's what got me and a vast majority of people by surprise the most, but with time you learn the beauty of everything, and yes, even stage interactables and the clash system. It's a very deep game, very rewarding to put time into, and by far the funnest fighter I have ever played, though I still hold MK9 as my favorite fighter of all time.

The online multiplayer experience is incredible if you're playing someone who has a decent connection and in the same country. MK9's online community died because of the fact they dropped the ball on the netcode, so I was sure they couldn't mess this one up and they didn't.

Funny that you mained a girl in MK9 too, as I mained Mileena. And in Injustice, I have found Catwomen the most fun to play for my style, and although I am only on day 3 with her, I already know this WILL be my go to main. I even bought the Bad Girls skin pack and the Arkham City skin pack just so I can have all her alternates, hahah. Started playing Superman, who I still will be playing here and there. I will be learning Scorpion for my secondary whenever the next DLC character comes out and people hop off the Scorpion bandwagon. Not in the mood for a shitload of mirror matches!

It's a shame no one on ISH plays this but us, by the looks of it. I play on the 360, but I gotta get a new PSN account made on my roommates PS3 since he has Injustice on that, we could get some games in some time. On Xbox my tag is In Perdition if anyone here plays on XBox, ADD ME! Code Green, will let you know when I get a PSN again. Might be later tonight.

btw, you post on Test Your Might, green?

Last edited by Undisputed : 06-11-2013 at 09:38 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: