Lottery order was just announced, and the Nets failed to secure a top 3 pick, which means their first round pick goes to Portland.
Now, is a Lopez/Brooks package enough to secure Dwight Howard?
Or does a Laker offer of Bynum make more sense for Orlando?
My dream scenario:
DWill wants out of Brooklyn, and convinces Dwight LA is the place.
1. Lakers send Bynum to Orlando for Dwight.
2. Lakers send Gasol to Houston
Houston sends Lowery and a pick to Brooklyn
Nets S&T Dwill to Lakers
3. Lakers send McRoberts/Blake/Cash/future pick to New Orleans for Ariza.
Lakers amnesty MWP.
4. Lakers resign Hill and Sessions (strengthening the bench tremendously).
5. Lakers sign Gerald Green with mini MLE
6. Lakers aquire PF using Odom TPE. (Perhaps taking Scola off their hands convinces Houston to move Lowery.
7. Lakers sign Lamar Odom in December with vet min.
1. Orlando likes Bynum better than Lopez
2. Houston still values Gasol, and Lowery's trade demand/ Dragics play convince them to move him as their bargaining power has been reduced.
Nets have little bargaining power with DWill if Orlando moves Dwight to Lakers, they would have to settle for Lowery rather than seeing DWill sign in Dallas as a FA and receive nothing.
3. New Orleans wants to build around Anthony Davis/Gordon/Aminu, and this deal saves them a bunch of money and secures another first rounder.
4. Lakers need a solid bench
6. To help convince Houston to move Lowery, Lakers agree to take on Scola, whom Houston wants to move. (This is the piece of this I like the least. Scola is solid, but has 3 more years on his deal. Will he hold up?)
7. According to Stephen A. Smith, Lamar desperatley wants back in LA. He gives us an atlernative to Scola at the 4, and a totally different look at the 4.
Hall of Famers at 3 positons.
One of the best defending and athletic 3's (a great compliment to the Big 3)
Solid complimentary pieces at the 4.
A bench that could score some freaking points!
And 2 future Hall of Famers to build around once Kobe retires.