Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Grand Theft Auto V discussion

UPDATED(08-17-2013):

Quote:
The highly anticipated GTA V is due for release on September 17, 2013, for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In November 2012, Rockstar revealed that releases for the PC and Wii U were "up for consideration". However, no further comment has been made regarding these platforms.
via Wikipedia

Last edited by Undisputed : 08-19-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Can't wait, I played through GTA4 twice choosing alternative paths each time. Loved the game and can't wait for this one. Be interesting to see what kind of multiplayer it will have too.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Can't wait, I played through GTA4 twice choosing alternative paths each time. Loved the game and can't wait for this one. Be interesting to see what kind of multiplayer it will have too.

Did the same thing with the GTA IV story.

And as for the multiplayer, that's what I'm really curious about. We all know GTA will kill it on the story side, but I just hope the multiplayer gets a ton of focus like 4. Give me a quality free roam in GTAV and I will be happy. I still play GTAIV online regularly, and so do a lot of people surprisingly.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

I Didn't like GTA IV because of it's too realistic approach to the game. Haven't been catching up on the update of GTA V news, but I hope they at least incorporate some of things to do in Gta SA. And for God sakes, I hope nobody of the likes of Niko shows up in this game.
can't wait though. The trailer did look bad ass.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't like GTA 4 because the driving and the shooting were very poorly implemented and felt outdated.

I appreciate the amount of content and value Rockstar puts in the title and I can bear with the sub-par storytelling, but it's very important that the core mechanics are fun and well executed.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

its has been 7 months since the 1st trailer came out and we know very little about the game

fvck Rockstar
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

e3 is in like a week.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'd rather read dead 2 than gta 5. the rags to riches gangster story is getting a little stale.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I didn't like GTA 4 because the driving and the shooting were very poorly implemented and felt outdated.

I appreciate the amount of content and value Rockstar puts in the title and I can bear with the sub-par storytelling, but it's very important that the core mechanics are fun and well executed.

I love the driving in GTA 4, I think they absolutely nailed it. The physics and driving mechanics are so much more realistic in GTA 4 than any other sandbox game I have ever played. It should be difficult to weave in and out of traffic while firing a machine gun out your window.

I would agree that the shooting mechanics were garbage, but driving is my favorite part about GTA 4.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked the shooting in GTA 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
its has been 7 months since the 1st trailer came out and we know very little about the game

fvck Rockstar

Its all about Max Payne 3 for now. Keep the GTA community waiting in suspense. Well played.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I liked the shooting in GTA 4.

It felt kind of awkward to me. I thought the shooting was greatly improved in red dead redemption though, so I have no doubt that the shooting mechanics in GTA 5 will be good.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
i'd rather read dead 2 than gta 5. the rags to riches gangster story is getting a little stale.

Agreed.

They got Max Payne 3 out, next stop is GTA 5 and hopefully Red Dead will be the next big project for Rockstar. Love that game!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #13
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
the rags to riches gangster story is getting a little stale.
Which is probably why GTA will have a strong focus on multiplayer from now on.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #14
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Saints Row is the better sandbox franchise IMO. Saints Row, the original, was the best of it's genre that I've played on a next-gen (or this current) system.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #15
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

They released the trailer 8 months ago, and Rockstar haven't said one word about it since then.

Come on, give us something Rockstar.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: