Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Ish Official Fit-club

This is the thread where we motivate eachother to stay in the gym, the court, on the track or the treadmill.

how have yall been keeping fit lately?

i have been slacking hard lately. gonna run tomorrow morning til I PUKE then do my lower body (squats/calve raises) and then triceps + chest.

free membership, start posting
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I need to get in and do lower body for the week... but my iPod broke and my smart phone broke and I am currently using an older style phone until I get my paycheck... Meaning that I have no tunes to listen to while I am there. This makes me not want to go at all. Do I take off from the gym until I get tunes or does ISH motivate me to go?
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just been doing a lot of weights lately while i wait for my hamstring to heal completely (had a BAD pull a couple months back and it still feels weird). Before I pulled that i was a few weeks into Rushfit and i can't wait to get back into that cuz I was loving the program. Pretty happy with how things are looking heading into summer though so hopefully i can build on that.

Currently at 5'9 and 195 pounds.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Just been doing a lot of weights lately while i wait for my hamstring to heal completely (had a BAD pull a couple months back and it still feels weird). Before I pulled that i was a few weeks into Rushfit and i can't wait to get back into that cuz I was loving the program. Pretty happy with how things are looking heading into summer though so hopefully i can build on that.

Rushfit is it like the new crossfit?
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Anyone know of a great pre-workout supplement?
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was doing a ton of core body stretches, about an hour every 2-3 days, for about three months before about a week ago when i bruised my ribs playing ball. these stretches are spectacular. i lucked into finding out about them, my dad sees a rather high-end personal trainer once a week and he took a spill over christmas, so he let me take his spot for two weeks.

i won't bother describing the stretches but they were unbelievably difficult to start, especially for somebody like me without much of a foundation. the way 'fred' described them, apparently in his experience (dudes been around), even some of the best athletes you know who train consistently will have trouble holding some of these yoga-style positions. i've confirmed that showing them to friends who consider themselves quite fit but could barely get through half the routine. it was really amazing feeling my body begin to build up those hidden core muscles making these steadily easier, even though the work-out still kills me when i do it in its entirety. also incredibly difficult to stop other body parts from subtly overcompensating and ruining the stretch.

since the rib bruise though, which is a bitch to heal what with breathing and sneezing and just about every upper body movement you might accidentally slip into, haven't been able to keep them up. so i've just been heavy into cardio of late, tons of jogging and biking.

right now i'm working towards a lengthy cycling tour, about 550k (montreal to toronto) in about two weeks. im getting nervous as the date approaches but i can feel my stamina already improving. most important i've gotta work on finding myself a reliable road bike to get me through, along with all the side equipment i'll require for the 5-6 day journey.

Last edited by RidonKs : 05-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Rushfit is it like the new crossfit?

http://www.gsprushfit.com/

Nah it's actually not new...it's Georges St Pierre's fitness program
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Big sumbitch
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i feel small now lol at 6' and 170 pounds
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I need to get in and do lower body for the week... but my iPod broke and my smart phone broke and I am currently using an older style phone until I get my paycheck... Meaning that I have no tunes to listen to while I am there. This makes me not want to go at all. Do I take off from the gym until I get tunes or does ISH motivate me to go?

Go. The last thing you wanna do is fall victim to "false" motivation, or extrinsic motivation. While it's all nice and fun to blast out whatever while you're busting your face with the weights, you'll find out what you're made of when you take away the music, the "bros" cheering you on, and the really hot girl on the yoga mat on the other side and STILL perform as intense as with them. I admit, I have my own music I like to play when I train (I don't train in a big corporate gym, which means I have shitty equipment (a 9 year old barbell and 190 lbs of weights only to be frank) but I can also play my tunes as loud as I can. However, if someone jacked my music, I know I would still be able to do whatever it is I was gonna do.

Well, anyway, if you're not up to reading what was up there, it's basically this - Psyche yourself up. Don't let anyone else do it for you.
NotYetGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just started exercising again this week after slacking off a month or two ago. planning on running on the weekdays, that could he a bit unrealistic, and then gym 4 days a week. no supplements atm, but ill probably look into that in the future.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ Whey is pretty much all you'll ever need. I keep it minimal (mainly coz I'm broke ) plus a lot of stuff out there tends to just be overhyped sugar/artificial sweeteners and caffeine or something. And may I suggest doing sprints instead of jogs?

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 05-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.
NotYetGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been on a pretty good run lately. During the times this past winter when I couldn't get a good game in anywhere, I decided to give the Air Alert program a shot, not necessarily to increase my vertical but just to keep my legs moving and working. I really didn't see much of a change during that time.

Flash forward to present day, once I began getting out onto the court at the start of summer, I'm 28 and I'm bouncing higher than ever before. My body's feeling pretty great lately with the exception of a slight ankle roll tonight and a sore back. Otherwise, I've been bouncing and dunking at a great rate thus far.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I just started to run again last week. A friend of mine convinced me to do a duathlon with him at the end of July. I can't do a triathlon since I don't know how to swim My shins feel like they're taking a beating since I'm not the lightest guy in the world so I'm doing it to lose weight as well. If anyone has some good running tips feel free to share.

I'm also doing one big lift a day before my run. It's either squat, bench, standing press, or deadlift.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm on week 2, day 4 of P90X. I kind of fucked up today because I didn't bring anything to eat with me at work, so I ordered pizza. Feel like shit.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: