Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #31
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I haven't watched him recently. And unless he's had a personality makeover and will never revert to "Starbury," I don't need to.

He's a malcontent. A player who can only be kept happy and highly effective for short periods of time. The rest of the time, he's nearly counterproductive.

It ain't this season's bad start that got us to think Marbury is a loser.

IT'S HIS ENTIRE FREAKIGN CAREER and the way as soon as he leaves a team, they do better within a year and the team he goes to tanks.

I've been saying for year, Marbury and Francis are two fake superstars and team cancers, I damn near died of laughter when I heard Francis and Marbury were going to be on the same team last year.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #32
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Ever heard of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls?

Yeah. They were overrated.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #33
easythereliberace
I airball my layups

easythereliberace has an OK reputation so far

Bill Simmons writing is hilarious. Isn't he the guy that came up with the "homeless man" term to describe someone with a similar, but much much worse game than a star?
easythereliberace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #34
TheHonestTruth
Banned

If the Suns win it all this year, I will have no doubt that this team equals the Bird Celtics and the Magic Lakers. Nash = Bird + Magic combined.

I'd hate to see Amare win a ring because he's one of the most overrated players in the history, but if he accidentally hurts himself in the playoffs, out of commission, and the Suns win it all, that would be the perfect scenario.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #35
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
He's a malcontent. A player who can only be kept happy and highly effective for short periods of time. The rest of the time, he's nearly counterproductive.
You say this and then you go and write "Ricky Davis"

Dude just admit you're wrong and move on. I looked at your list again and saw the following inconsistencies in relation to excluding Steph:

1. Ricky Davis - You trumpet unselfishness and then include him. Again LOL.

2. Larry Hughes - You must be on some seriously good sh!t. Steph is definitely better than Larry who has been a massive letdown.

3. Mike Miller - I don't even have to explain this one.

4. Andre Miller - This dude was surrounded with talent in Denver and was the direct opposite of "effective"

5. Kevin Martin - is playing on a .400 team
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #36
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

W/E at least the Suns are great but still entertaining. That's a huge part of what this game is about, but a lot of you suckers seem to have forgotten that.
Dallas is better yada yada yada
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't but I've enjoyed Suns games a lot more while Dallas is only really watchable against good teams.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
Nash = Bird + Magic combined

That's a new one. The closest I've heard to that is bird = nash + dirk combined.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #38
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
If the Suns win it all this year, I will have no doubt that this team equals the Bird Celtics and the Magic Lakers
Damn, this is getting out of hand. The Celtics frontcourt would simply own the Suns. Meanwhile, the Lakers have two players who are far far better than anyone in a Phoenix uniform.

Not to mention, those two teams won multiple titles. Not to mention that Phoenix doesn't even have the best record in the league.

The Suns hype really needs to stop. They're an awesome teams to watch, but they cannot and will not ever touch the 80s Lakers and Celtics.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #39
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this article is really dumb for several reasons not the least of which is not mentioning the bulls when mentioning best team since ________. However the point im referring to is that to even begin to make a case for nash as mvp you have to start by saying that Amare, Marion, Diaw, Bell, Barbosa, THomas, Jones<Howard,Terry, Harris, Damp, Stack, George, Buck. If you make that argument then you dont make an argument calling the suns an all time great team.

Not to mention that whether you believe that or not, you dont write that a team with the second best record in the nba is an all time great team and ignore the team with the best record.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #40
TheHonestTruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
That's a new one. The closest I've heard to that is bird = nash + dirk combined.

actually we have to revise that:

nash = bird + magic + dirk + jordan
Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #41
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Sacramento's got to be the worst. Artest, Broken Bibby and Brad Miller.
yeah. I was thinking of Kevin Martin when I wrote that. It even felt wrong typing it. Guess I just thought of Kings teams past. San Antonio is always at the top of the league and they usually have the league leader in 3pt%. Hedo, Bowen, etc. doesn't matter, wide open shots all day when you got Duncan on your team. and that's why he's the best player in basketball and why Pop is the best coach. game becomes easy.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: