Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #16
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Ever heard of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls?

The Bulls were not as good a TEAM as either the Showtime Lakers or the 80s Celtics. It was Jordan, Pippen and the others.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Barbosa is not better than Steph. No way.
That's true, but he's way more desirable. Plays effectively within a system. Doesn't consider himself the center of every game and isn't a chemistry killer.

Barbosa would look like the best guard on the Knicks. He wouldn't be the most talented, but he'd look best, because the rest of them are selfish pieces of crap.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #18
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

does everyone realize that the suns are 1-2 against west playoff teams over their 28-3 stretch? The Suns are a great team but this is ridiculous. they just hit an EXTREMELY soft spot in their schedule. The mavs on the other hand are 10-2 against the west playoff teams during their 32-4 stretch. You decide which of those is more impressive. Also am i the only one who has heard alot of talk about them? Tim legler doesnt even take the time to wipe the nut of his mouth between times slurping steve nash.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

I like how Barbosa can run the full court, how he can handle the ball decently enough penetrate and not have to slow down and how he can hit from three.....

BUT, he has not proven he could lead a team like a lot of those players or even be the number one option on a team.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #20
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I'll never believe they can beat the Spurs until I see it. And I'm surprised Simmons compares them to the '86 Celts, considering those guys had already won a few championships by that point.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #21
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

The Suns aren't even better than Dallas right now. Way to overhype a team, putting it on one level with Boston and LA. They won titles, went to the finals regularly. Phoenix has yet to do that.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

look closely at the Suns schedule. notice how all the teams they've beaten suck and all their losses are against contenders.

theyre the very definition of pretender. its not that they're chokers. they just aren't built for playoff basketball which is where titles are won.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
That's true, but he's way more desirable. Plays effectively within a system. Doesn't consider himself the center of every game and isn't a chemistry killer.

Barbosa would look like the best guard on the Knicks. He wouldn't be the most talented, but he'd look best, because the rest of them are selfish pieces of crap.

Wow, now you're just trying to sound cool. Barbosa is nice but he is a bench player.

I don't think you've watched Steph recently because he's been playing very unselfishly and very effectively. Don't let his horrible start to the season skew your view.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #24
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
does everyone realize that the suns are 1-2 against west playoff teams over their 28-3 stretch?
That really does put things into perspective.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #25
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
Wow, now you're just trying to sound cool. Barbosa is nice but he is a bench player.

I don't think you've watched Steph recently because he's been playing very unselfishly and very effectively. Don't let his horrible start to the season skew your view.
I haven't watched him recently. And unless he's had a personality makeover and will never revert to "Starbury," I don't need to.

He's a malcontent. A player who can only be kept happy and highly effective for short periods of time. The rest of the time, he's nearly counterproductive.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #26
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I'd guess Sacramento or San Antonio but I have no idea. that's weird.

You guessed correctly. One of them has the best, one of them the worst 3P% in the league.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Orlando - Grant Hill.

I seriously don't consider Grant Hill a G. I see the box scores saying that he's the starting 2guard for the Magic but thats not his natural position.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
You guessed correctly. One of them has the best, one of them the worst 3P% in the league.
Sacramento's got to be the worst. Artest, Broken Bibby and Brad Miller.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I seriously don't consider Grant Hill a G. I see the box scores saying that he's the starting 2guard for the Magic but thats not his natural position.
He's playing guard and defending guards. It's not what he used to play, but even if you'd consider Barbosa the best guard there, that's still only half the teams originally stated in the article.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #30
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
look closely at the Suns schedule. notice how all the teams they've beaten suck and all their losses are against contenders.

theyre the very definition of pretender. its not that they're chokers. they just aren't built for playoff basketball which is where titles are won.
hence my point, they are 1-2 against west playoff teams since their 1-5 start. they were 0-4 against the west playoff teams in their 1-5 start. so what that tells me is that they didnt get alot better they just started playing worse teams.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: