Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #31
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

James Jones is ****ing fighting just to be in the rotation. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #32
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
James Jones is ****ing fighting just to be in the rotation. lol
hes a solid defender. hes basically greg buckners long lost cousin. they are the exact same player except jones is bigger. i was trying to rig it so the mavs bench won one. if you want, we can switch it and the suns bench wins all 3.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #33
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Mav's talent around Nowitzki is underated. you Mav's fans make Nowitzki out to be some guy thats youre whole team which is straight BS. In fact Nowitzki does WAY LESS than Nash does for the Suns game to game. Nowitzki is more or less just a scorer. a great scorer but hes not making amazing passes, creating/dribbling for his teammates all the time, and doing all the intangibles. true hes not a PG, but when Nowitzki gets it its usually going to end up a shot.

Dampier, Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, and everyone that gets playing time on the Mav's is underated. They have the record they do NOT because of Nowitzki because they have one of the deepest most athletic hustling teams in the league. In fact thats the most noticeable thing i've seen from that team that separates them from the other great teams.

you Mav fans are petty for trying to knock Nash so you can prop Nowitzki. Mav's would still be great without Nowitzki, they've still won when he has sat out games, and i bet if you took both Nash and Nowitzki off their teams, the Mav's would still have a better record whlie the Suns would probably drop alot in their standings. You can point to all stars on the Suns but they werent winning until Nash got there. And i'll say it again, the Mav's athleticism and their players who might not be considered stars dont get enough credit for the Mav's winning, while Mav's fans way overhype Nowitzki like hes the sole reason they are that good which is just stupid.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It should be noted that:

A. The Suns do have the 2nd best 3PT FG defense.

B. Opponents average only 18.6 assists against the Suns (6th best defensively)
Both of these stats are slightly deceiving.

They both deserve to be used to give the Suns credit, but not in the way most people think.

The Suns have a "defensively-sound" offense. Let me try to explain that in a way that makes sense:

The Suns get other teams to play the Suns' type of game. The Suns drastically increase the tempo and get off quick shots. This often lures the opponent into trying a similar tactic in order to "keep pace" with Phoenix. However, since many other teams aren't used to playing this way, this results in poor shot selection, stupid quick shots in transition (plenty of transition threes), and a lack of sharing the ball on the offensive end (players get the ball and rush up, think they see an opening and try to take it, not thinking about the four other guys who can help get a better shot).

It's incredibly effective and leads to good defensive numbers, but Phoenix's defensive numbers are not all about defense with Phoenix.

It's pretty interesting (and pretty impressive) how Phoenix uses its offense to play defense, if you ask me.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #35
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

nash barely even tries to defend until the end of a close game, where he turns into an average defender.

i've seen him force the other guy to pass when he NEEDED to force him to pass instead of letting him drive or shoot with the game on the line.

but he's not a good defender in general.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #36
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

They both deserve to be used to give the Suns credit, but not in the way most people think.

The Suns have a "defensively-sound" offense. Let me try to explain that in a way that makes sense:

The Suns get other teams to play the Suns' type of game. The Suns drastically increase the tempo and get off quick shots. This often lures the opponent into trying a similar tactic in order to "keep pace" with Phoenix. However, since many other teams aren't used to playing this way, this results in poor shot selection, stupid quick shots in transition (plenty of transition threes), and a lack of sharing the ball on the offensive end (players get the ball and rush up, think they see an opening and try to take it, not thinking about the four other guys who can help get a better shot).

It's incredibly effective and leads to good defensive numbers, but Phoenix's defensive numbers are not all about defense with Phoenix.

It's pretty interesting (and pretty impressive) how Phoenix uses its offense to play defense, if you ask me.

Checkmate.

If someone can't understand this, then you don't watch Suns play basketball. Only arguments I'll be reading are those from hardcore Suns fans that know what they are talking about, otherwise, people like Smokee, I don't care how much jibberish you type, I won't be reading your crap.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #37
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Checkmate.

If someone can't understand this, then you don't watch Suns play basketball. Only arguments I'll be reading are those from hardcore Suns fans that know what they are talking about, otherwise, people like Smokee, I don't care how much jibberish you type, I won't be reading your crap.
\

LOL i could careless if your punk-ass read my **** or not,

i dont know why ya'll feel the need to call me out all the time so then i have to make fun of you then you report me then i get banned, butt i swear i never start this ****,

its always some nerdy-ass gimp like ElPigto who cant handle my crudeness acting like hes so special and everyone wants him to read their post, when nobody gives a **** whos stuff you read. seriously wtf?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #38
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Checkmate.

I'm not a hardcore Suns fan, but I see what you're saying.

People need to back up analysis by watching games. Boxscores can't say it all, folks.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #39
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm not a hardcore Suns fan, but I see what you're saying.

People need to back up analysis by watching games. Boxscores can't say it all, folks.

I guess I should of put knowledgeable fans. I know you aren't a hardcore Suns fan, I know you got all your heart on the Wolves.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #40
r32soul
Decent playground baller

r32soul has an OK reputation so far

wanna know why Suns are so good guarding the 3s? it's not because they really play good defense..

it's because Suns are always so far and ahead with the score that in order for teams to catch up they have to shoot a lot of 3s to come back..

in addition, Suns just bait teams to play the uptempo style.. so teams will want to run and shoot quick outside shots because for some UNKNOWN reason they think they can outscore, outshoot the Suns somehow, but it fails 8 out 10 times..
r32soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #41
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default WOW

Quote:

EXACTLY what I'd say. well teachers use better sentence structure, spelling and grammar but it's exactly what happens. The worst thing about it is professional platyers aren't smart enough to figure this out slow down and punish them.

BBALL IQ is at an all-time low league wide.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #42
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

smokee did i ever act like the mavs team outside of dirk sucks? no. they are good. that said there is absolutely no question that nash has more talent around him than dirk does and yet the mavs have a better record. Dirk is the mvp. I mean say what you want about marion but hes better than howard. Amare is better than jet, diaw is better than devin, Bell is better than damp, barbosa is better than stack. I mean seriously are you trying to argue the mavs have less talent than the suns outside of the mvp candidates?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #43
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32soul
wanna know why Suns are so good guarding the 3s? it's not because they really play good defense..

it's because Suns are always so far and ahead with the score that in order for teams to catch up they have to shoot a lot of 3s to come back..

excellent point

i've watched almost every suns game this year, except a few. All season long i've noticed a great improvement in Nash's defense.

Firstly, Nash is very aggressive with his double teaming, but he is very smart as to when he double teams. He does this in a few ways. One way is by rarely leaving a deadly shooter/scorer to double-team a lesser scorer, and Nash generally seems very aware in those scenarios.

Another 'smart' tactic that Nash employs is to only double-team when the opposing ball-handler is in a poor position to beat the trap. If there is poor spacing on one side of the floor, and the player with the ball is isolated on the wing, Nash will attack him with the double-team very aggressively. In this situation, the offensive player is more prone to try and beat the double team himself, which is exactly what the defense wants. This tactic also may force the ball-handler to wait for a teammate to come to the ball and receive a pass. While this is going on, it gives Nash time to rotate back to his man if the double team is apparentally unsuccessful.

To be honest, I haven't paid special attention to Nash's one-on-one defense. So I can't really comment.

But one other thing that you'll almost always see Nash doing is running to get a hand in a shooters face. Rarely, if ever, does Nash give up on a defensive play and attempt to crash the boards or get in position for an inbounds pass. If there is a wide-open shooter spotting up in Nash's range, he almost always gets there to put a hand in his face.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #44
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

who cares. nash is a hard worker an dhe is the best team player in the league. defense would make the suns better in the playoffs but regular season games i dont think nash should even waste his energy.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #45
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

I agree with him. He's definetely not as bad as Mike Bibby.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: