Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #5611
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
you're right, i forgot he appeared in those 2 euro qualifying matches. that binds him to spain permanently.

He was born in Italy and played 5 years in Brazil before he went to Barcelona

Actually he moved to Spain when he was 3 or 4 if I remember right. He also played for several small local teams in Galicia before Barcelona signed him, I think.
I think his brother rafa plays for the Brazilian youth teams, doesn't he?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #5612
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Actually he moved to Spain when he was 3 or 4 if I remember right. He also played for several small local teams in Galicia before Barcelona signed him, I think.
I think his brother rafa plays for the Brazilian youth teams, doesn't he?

yea he did move to spain at a young age but he still played in brazil for 5 years before joining barcelona

i'm inclined to believe the only reason rafinha switched to brazil was because he didn't see a big role for himself on the spanish u20 team. he represented spain from u16-u19
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #5613
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i missed the game but seems that thiago bossed the game as expected
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #5614
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i missed the game but seems that thiago bossed the game as expected

To bad he is coming to United
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #5615
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

West Ham has officially signed Andy Carroll.

It's a shame because he's actually a very good striker despite the criticism he gets. I actually think he's the best English striker not named Rooney.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #5616
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

It's a shame because he's actually a very good striker despite the criticism he gets. I actually think he's the best English striker not named Rooney.

Why is it a shame?

yea, his 1 goal every 5 games is really amazing. sturridge >>> carroll
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #5617
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Jasi, I really, really like Insigne. Do you think he's ready for the senior team?

He surely is.
He already was this past season, but he didn't quite fit into Mazzarri's preferred formation (3-5-2), and Mazzarri is also not very keen on using young players.
With Benitez's 4-2-3-1 things might change but I don't know about his inclination towards youth.

EDIT - if you meant the NT senior team... He's already been part of it, and will surely be a candidate for the 2014 WC squad: it will all depend on whether he will play regularly in Napoli.

Last edited by Jasi : 06-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #5618
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
He surely is.
He already was this past season, but he didn't quite fit into Mazzarri's preferred formation (3-5-2), and Mazzarri is also not very keen on using young players.
With Benitez's 4-2-3-1 things might change but I don't know about his inclination towards youth.

EDIT - if you meant the NT senior team... He's already been part of it, and will surely be a candidate for the 2014 WC squad: it will all depend on whether he will play regularly in Napoli.
Yeah I meant mostly the NT, I assumed he will get plenty of playing time for Napoli. Thanks for the input.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #5619
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
Why is it a shame?

yea, his 1 goal every 5 games is really amazing. sturridge >>> carroll

First of all stats don't tell the whole story. He was a very effective player for West Ham last year despite all of the nagging injuries that held him back. His aerial and physical ability is a threat from anywhere on the field and that's a weapon to have.

He doesn't dominate the stat sheet but he really makes his presence known if you watch him play. I also think he can develop into a 15+ goal scorer as he has the striker traits(good power shot, great with headers, physical, etc) He reminds me of a poor man's Cavani
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #5620
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Quote:
First of all stats don't tell the whole story. He was a very effective player for West Ham last year despite all of the nagging injuries that held him back. His aerial and physical ability is a threat from anywhere on the field and that's a weapon to have.

He doesn't dominate the stat sheet but he really makes his presence known if you watch him play. I also think he can develop into a 15+ goal scorer as he has the striker traits(good power shot, great with headers, physical, etc) He reminds me of a poor man's Cavani

Please delete this. Atleast the Cavani part.
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #5621
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Wtf man
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #5622
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I live 3 minutes from Upton park

It's not a shame, it means Carrol will start every game he's healthy+the fans love him at Westham.

Agree with knickballer, you need to watch him play live, defenses don't know how to deal with him, he can shove world class defenders aside like nothing and he works his ass off, just needs to gain consistency. If he gets it together he will be amazing, 6'3 and built like an ox+that work rate. He has lots of potential, needs to stay healthy, Westham is the best place for him to develop because they run the attack through him.

Last edited by Nick Young : 06-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #5623
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

paying 15 mil + 100k wages for andy is insane

he technically too limited to ever be a good striker
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #5624
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Neymar we aren't worthy.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #5625
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

USA - Spain 0-3 at half time at the U20 WC

They're gonna win this one as well
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: