Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #4801
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

neymar's future will likely be decided after the confederations cup which is in one month

which is bad because if he plays good, his price will only go up
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #4802
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
So please tell me what Madrids strategy is.....

They have no strategy...just give it to Ronaldo.

Anyways, just by watching a handful of Real Madrid games and what I notice:

-They like to play a slightly back on defense and they like to counter attack, this is my observation. It's almost like they are letting their opponents get a little deep and they full out sprint and attack because they are faster.

- There midfield sucks in my opinion because they can't move the ball when they have possession. They are way better countering because of Ronaldo. Alonso plays back too much on defense it seems.

-In a nutshell they have to counter attack because they don't have much of a threat. Ozil doesn't score enough. Basically give Ronaldo the ball.

I'm no expert but this is what I see. If they are playing from behind, they are pretty much screwed. Last time they played ManU they actually attacked but they won because ManU was a man down.

To be fair I started watching in 2006 WC but before that I got to watch Maradona too. Didn't watch between that time because we didn't get overseas soccer games on television. When I was real young. Zidane, Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldo and CR7 are probably the greatest players I have watched.

Other players like Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho and Zlatan I like to follow. Sweden vs England when Zlatan had 4 goals and he killed it with his 4th goal. Greatest game by a player in my time of watching.

Bayern is the best team though. They play a complete game and they are always moving and sprinting during attacks and defense. I love their tempo/pace of their style. It's like fast break basketball.

Last edited by 9erempiree : 05-15-2013 at 06:42 AM.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #4803
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I watched some games of the greatest team ever assembled that's Real Madrid with Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Becks, Figo.

This is the team that got me to follow Real Madrid. Probably the greatest team ever.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #4804
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
I watched some games of the greatest team ever assembled that's Real Madrid with Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Becks, Figo.

This is the team that got me to follow Real Madrid. Probably the greatest team ever.

All time greatest at performing far below their hype levels maybe.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #4805
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

Loic Remy arrested by police on suspicion of rape
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #4806
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

All time greatest at performing far below their hype levels maybe.

True but still a pretty damn good team.

They had their moments, as far as excitement.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #4807
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Loic Remy arrested by police on suspicion of rape

And there I was hoping Arsenal might sign him in the summer.
ukballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #4808
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
True but still a pretty damn good team.

They had their moments, as far as excitement.

should have lost against Bayer Leverkusen in 2002 if not for Casillas. And the goal of the century thus far from Zidane.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #4809
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
should have lost against Bayer Leverkusen in 2002 if not for Casillas. And the goal of the century thus far from Zidane.

Young Iker was good in that game but it will be overshadowed by Zidane's kung-fu kick.

That's like Jordan's switching of the hand shot.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #4810
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Young Iker was good in that game but it will be overshadowed by Zidane's kung-fu kick.

That's like Jordan's switching of the hand shot.

Casillas was more than "good" in that game. In extra time alone he kept Bayer Leverkusen from scoring a couple of times. And that coming in as a sub. Classic birth of a star game.

You're right about Zidane's goal though. Actually makes the loss (heartbreaking as it was) easier. If you're gonna lose the CL final, at least it was against prime Zidane scoring an insane game-winning goal.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #4811
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

-They like to play a slightly back on defense and they like to counter attack, this is my observation. It's almost like they are letting their opponents get a little deep and they full out sprint and attack because they are faster.

- There midfield sucks in my opinion because they can't move the ball when they have possession. They are way better countering because of Ronaldo. Alonso plays back too much on defense it seems.

-In a nutshell they have to counter attack because they don't have much of a threat. Ozil doesn't score enough. Basically give Ronaldo the ball.

I'm no expert but this is what I see. If they are playing from behind, they are pretty much screwed. Last time they played ManU they actually attacked but they won because ManU was a man down.

To be fair I started watching in 2006 WC but before that I got to watch Maradona too. Didn't watch between that time because we didn't get overseas soccer games on television. When I was real young. Zidane, Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldo and CR7 are probably the greatest players I have watched.

Other players like Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho and Zlatan I like to follow. Sweden vs England when Zlatan had 4 goals and he killed it with his 4th goal. Greatest game by a player in my time of watching.

Bayern is the best team though. They play a complete game and they are always moving and sprinting during attacks and defense. I love their tempo/pace of their style. It's like fast break basketball.

That's partly true, but inaccurate. Please let me clarify. Traditionally, Madrid's style has always been fast-paced, attacking football. They would control possession by attacking relentlessly from the wings (left wing has always been more featured), instead of controlling possession by short passing and patienly waiting for the right time to kill, like Barcelona does.
Now throughout these past few years there has been quite a lot of management instability and cluelesness, which has led to hiring a new manager almost every year, only to fire him the season after. Then a new manager of with a completely different philosophy would be hired. Rinse and repeat.
Now some of those managers, like Capello (god how I hate his guts) and Mourinho, decided to make the team play their way, which is full on forfeit possession to the opponent and counterattack. At least Mourinho usually plays with a high defensive line, because that ****ing retard Capello (and I don't care about how much he won) would play the defense next to the box, but that's a different story. Mourinho, as I said, usually plays a high line, but it mostly depends on the personnel. If the CBs are Ramos and Varane, who are both really fast (Varane has to be one of, if not the, fastest CBs in the world), the defense will play around 5-10 m behind the half line. If Carvalho, Albiol, or Pepe (who's also fast, but not very smart) are playing, then the line will be further back.

The midfield is actually very talented. The reason why Alonso plays back is, again, Mourinho's approach to the game. He always needs to have one talentless mother****er in the pitch (usually Khedira, but he's also played pepe there in big matches), so Alonso has to play near the defense so that he can link the play between the defense and the offensive midfield/forwards. When Khedira has to do that it results in a turnover, so there's no way around it. Alonso is the only true playmaker on the team. Sahin was signed to fulfil that duty in his absence or alongside him, but he failed. Modric was (stupidly) signed for the same reason, but he's just not a playmaker.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #4812
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups

howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

After Beckham arrived and Makélélé left, Zidane said this:

Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #4813
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky

The midfield is actually very talented. The reason why Alonso plays back is, again, Mourinho's approach to the game. He always needs to have one talentless mother****er in the pitch (usually Khedira, but he's also played pepe there in big matches), so Alonso has to play near the defense so that he can link the play between the defense and the offensive midfield/forwards. When Khedira has to do that it results in a turnover, so there's no way around it. Alonso is the only true playmaker on the team. Sahin was signed to fulfil that duty in his absence or alongside him, but he failed. Modric was (stupidly) signed for the same reason, but he's just not a playmaker.

khedira is most definitely not talentless. he's excellent at playing his role. very few midfielders are better at pressing and positioning themselves tactically as khedira.

now offensively, he's frustrating, but you don't play khedira expecting him to make plays and put in goals.

Quote:

just stop
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #4814
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin_wolf
After Beckham arrived and Makélélé left, Zidane said this:

Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?

Zidane actually respects Beckham a lot. There's a story of those two that goes way back.

Zidane was at one of Beckham's camp but sadly the kids there were more happy to see Beckham than Zidane. This was in Los Angeles.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #4815
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
khedira is most definitely not talentless. he's excellent at playing his role. very few midfielders are better at pressing and positioning themselves tactically as khedira.

now offensively, he's frustrating, but you don't play khedira expecting him to make plays and put in goals.

just stop

That's what it seems like. When Madrid can't do jack just pass it to Ronaldo.

Set piece and corners....Ronaldo headers. Once in a while you see a Ramos header.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: