Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #4246
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Hell no.
This season he is.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #4247
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's crazy to see how tactics evolved since the start of the century. Classic Poachers, the number 10 and the b2b midfielder are all dying out.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #4248
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
Tuesday:

Dortmund vs Malaga 4-1
Barcelona vs PSG 1-2

Wednesday:

Galatasaray vs Real Madrid 1-2
Juventus vs Bayern 0-2
Wow, these predictions look so bad you must be trolling.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #4249
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
If we are talking about box to box midfielders with defensive prowess there is no better than Yaya Toure.

Yep.

If anything I think Toure is underrated these days. Along with doing everything on the pitch, hes a huge physical presence.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #4250
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
Khedira too and i think Alex Song could be considered a b2b
Khedira is very, very overrated. He's rather mediocre offensively, and defensively (which is supposed to be his strong suit) he's nothing special either. Some days ago I read Alonso steals on average almost twice as many balls as Khedira does.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #4251
blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Khedira is very, very overrated. He's rather mediocre offensively, and defensively (which is supposed to be his strong suit) he's nothing special either. Some days ago I read Alonso steals on average almost twice as many balls as Khedira does.
Yeah i think it's pretty clear that he isn't on the level of Vidal or Toure, i was just naming some B2B MF that came into my mind.

And yeah according to whoscored Xabi Alonso averages 2 interceptions per game compared to Khediras 1 on average.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #4252
RagaZ
Deal with it

RagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I hope both German teams goes out. Tired of this german jizzfest, when they havent won sh*t for over a decade.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #4253
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
I hope both German teams goes out. Tired of this german jizzfest, when they havent won sh*t for over a decade.

Dortmund and Bayern play some of the prettiest football out. I like watching both teams.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #4254
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
City desperately needs a winger, Silva and Nasri always drift inside and Nasri isn't very good anyway. He shouldn't be allowed start for a Team with Citys ambitions.

Agreed. Nasri has been a disappointment that vast majority of his time at City. He apparently wants to go to PSG anyway so I wouldn't care if he's gone. They want to bring in Marco Reus and Jesus Navas which would be amazing if pulled off.

Quote:

Yaya is the best IMO but I think Gundogan from Dortmund is moving up to that level quickly.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #4255
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Agreed. Nasri has been a disappointment that vast majority of his time at City. He apparently wants to go to PSG anyway so I wouldn't care if he's gone. They want to bring in Marco Reus and Jesus Navas which would be amazing if pulled off.

Yaya is the best IMO but I think Gundogan from Dortmund is moving up to that level quickly.

I really, really doubt Navas will ever leave Spain.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #4256
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Those two arent even top 20. In fact there are two better than Song at Barca only at that positions. Hell if i have to, i would choose Thiago in front of him.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #4257
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I really, really doubt Navas will ever leave Spain.
Because he wouldnt be good for a big club
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #4258
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:

I shared your view on Khedira maybe a year ago. Now...I love him. Don't get me wrong - he's really frustrating when we're creating chances and he's on the end of them - or when he's asked to do a lick of playmaking, but defensively he is awesome.

It's not just stats, you look at his tactical intelligence pressing high - it's gorgeous. His positioning is just about as good as any player on the planet. If he could finish on those pin down runs he makes, he might score 15 goals a season.

Xabi gets interceptions because he sits back and waits for them, if he came out as far as Khedira he'd get burned and we'd be exposed. He's a great reader of the game - but in some cases a defensive liability.

Navas will likely never leave Sevilla and he wouldn't be a great fit for Man City anyway. He does what he does well, among the best there is at it, but he compliment forwards like Aguero and Tevez well. He would honestly be great for Atletico if they manage to keep Falcao- but they don't have the money.

Reus? would be a steal..three interchanging forwards, move Silva and Yaya back a little. Javi ain't a great DM but he will do the job. Width is something they can find to compliment that - Zabaleta does suprisingly well at right back so he checks the box and Clichy does equally well on the left.

A new winger might be necessary - but they have a multitude of average ones to be subs.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #4259
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I shared your view on Khedira maybe a year ago. Now...I love him. Don't get me wrong - he's really frustrating when we're creating chances and he's on the end of them - or when he's asked to do a lick of playmaking, but defensively he is awesome.

It's not just stats, you look at his tactical intelligence pressing high - it's gorgeous. His positioning is just about as good as any player on the planet. If he could finish on those pin down runs he makes, he might score 15 goals a season.

Xabi gets interceptions because he sits back and waits for them, if he came out as far as Khedira he'd get burned and we'd be exposed. He's a great reader of the game - but in some cases a defensive liability.

Navas will likely never leave Sevilla and he wouldn't be a great fit for Man City anyway. He does what he does well, among the best there is at it, but he compliment forwards like Aguero and Tevez well. He would honestly be great for Atletico if they manage to keep Falcao- but they don't have the money.

Reus? would be a steal..three interchanging forwards, move Silva and Yaya back a little. Javi ain't a great DM but he will do the job. Width is something they can find to compliment that - Zabaleta does suprisingly well at right back so he checks the box and Clichy does equally well on the left.

A new winger might be necessary - but they have a multitude of average ones to be subs.

I kindly disagree. I don't think Khedira has but slightly above average tactical intelligence and defensive awareness. What he does have is an incredible motor and work rate that allows him to be everywhere all the time. I agree he's very good at pressing high but, as far as positioning goes, he could be better. He sometimes neglects passing lanes due to overcomitting to pressing the player with the ball.
Alonso, on the other hand, lacks Khedira's physical tools, but he's got much better positioning and understanding of defense. He's always where he needs to be to intercept the ball, cover for offensive players on the break or make it harder for the opposing team to attack. They're complementary defensively (high motor-high pressure guy paired with tactical defender), and it's a good mix for Madrid all things considered, but most of the time I don't think Khedira is anything special (granted he will sometimes push forward out of the blue due to sheer power and wow you, but still).
Old 04-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #4260
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

Quote:
Wow, these predictions look so bad you must be trolling.

Not all that bad, huh. Malaga's was goal keeper unbelievable so that kept the score down. Deserved win in the end for Dortmund. Bayern dominated in Turin just like I expected and I even got the score right. PSG and Barcelona tied and I was one goal off. Too bad. The only one I really messed up was Galatasaray and Real Madrid. That was really unexpected.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: