Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #3781
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Also, I don't like the idea of Messi being on steroids or performance enhancing drugs. For a majority of his life, he was taking growth hormones to help his growth.

That is not a natural athlete but a manufactured player.

I had more skills than some basketball players in the NBA but I am not tall enough to make the team. Does that mean I am an all time great? If it wasn't for growth hormones, Messi doesn't make the team.
exactly, I dont understand why messi gets a free pass and every other athlete on the planet who uses PEDs doesn't.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #3782
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Shearer behind all those guys?

Not sure what is more unbearable, the ridiculous Cantona nostalgia or the fact that Shearer is underrated placed behind the likes of Owen.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #3783
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

its obvious the hate towards cantona, i know he had many incidents in his career, he might have been a terrible human being, but what does that has to do with anything he did on the pitch. i already discussed about this one year ago, im not going there again... everyone has their own opinion i guess, for example a 'huge barca fan' that thinks CR is better than Ronnie.
Im sure everyone here has some unpopular thoughts about someones career, their own perception of someone that nobody can really change... so i think you are a hypocrite if you judge someone else.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #3784
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
its obvious the hate towards cantona, i know he had many incidents in his career, he might have been a terrible human being, but what does that has to do with anything he did on the pitch. i already discussed about this one year ago, im not going there again... everyone has their own opinion i guess, for example a 'huge barca fan' that thinks CR is better than Ronnie.
Im sure everyone here has some unpopular thoughts about someones career, their own perception of someone that nobody can really change... so i think you are a hypocrite if you judge someone else.
WHy do you overrate Cantona so much he was a charismatic dude but didn't accomplish anything that great other then win loads of premier league titles back in a time when the premier league sucked.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #3785
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Also, I don't like the idea of Messi being on steroids or performance enhancing drugs. For a majority of his life, he was taking growth hormones to help his growth.

That is not a natural athlete but a manufactured player.

I had more skills than some basketball players in the NBA but I am not tall enough to make the team. Does that mean I am an all time great? If it wasn't for growth hormones, Messi doesn't make the team.
Please keep your intelligent posts in the nba forum. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #3786
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
exactly, I dont understand why messi gets a free pass and every other athlete on the planet who uses PEDs doesn't.
pepe > messi. Pepe didn't needs peds like that nikka
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #3787
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
WHy do you overrate Cantona so much he was a charismatic dude but didn't accomplish anything that great other then win loads of premier league titles back in a time when the premier league sucked.
like EPL right now is any better? united are already running away with the title.. and thats not because they are anything special, its because everyone else sucks. at least back in the 90s you had players who worked their ass in one year to get wages that players now get in like few weeks for just sitting on the bench and clubbing and going drunk in training.
as for france he wasnt really liked by the media because of his suspensions and craziness and coaches didnt like him either, and they had some shitty players until zidane came and basically stole his role... he still could have played but he decided to let the youngsters zidane and scholes step up and have more space... look at them now
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #3788
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
pepe > messi. Pepe didn't needs peds like that nikka
pretty sure pepe takes some illegal meds to cure his craziness
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #3789
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Bunch of Americans talking football is all I see and not knowing shit.

My god your nation is as stupid in every aspect of life as the media makes you out to be.

Luckly the jews run your country.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #3790
alenleomessi

just put this on my cover fb photo

The Gladiator
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #3791
alenleomessi

btw we have celtic- juve and valencia-psg tonight... should be two tough games, low on goals

but tomorrow should be amazing, two good teams that i almost equally hate
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,27973,00.html
we can only hope for a match like this

and this is not even peak ronaldo, this is after many surgeries
Old 02-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #3792
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89

My god your nation is as stupid in every aspect of life as the media makes you out to be.

You sound upset and ignorant and support an american league and american player in your Avi and post on and american site runned by an american. You cant hold your love for them in your heart.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #3793
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Shearer behind all those guys?

Not sure what is more unbearable, the ridiculous Cantona nostalgia or the fact that Shearer is underrated placed behind the likes of Owen.

Peak Owen performed on international basis. Shearer never did that. He might be a better scorer than Henry,Drogba and Cantona but he was not as complete as them or a better footballer.
Mr Clutch Melo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #3794
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Shearer was a more complete player than Owen, his hold up play and link up play was better to go along with the fact that he was a better striker in terms of movement , finishing and power.

A UEFA cup doesn't make Owen better than anyone, neither does a undeserved Balon D' or in 01.

Henry is the only person on your list who is clearly a better player. Cantona might be complete in that he had a better first touch and better link up play but that doesn't circumvent the fact that he was wildly inconsistent with his effort and his ability to fully commit to the CF position was questionable. He was not Bergkamp who could do anything with the ball - he was not Heskey who aggressively ran channels and did work. He merely marauded around the field waiting for something to happen for him. Think a really less talented version of Zlatan.

He is a PL legend no doubt. But if people want to push this ridiculous notion that Cantona is an all time great - download an old United game . Don't insert him into a league of players he doesn't belong.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 02-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #3795
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89

SOmeone miss their meds?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: