Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #16
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If we are drafting a big at #9

I'm pretty scared that Daye will get lost in the shuffle again through Gordon staying with us and taking 30 or so minutes, then he will get traded away for extremely cheap, then that team will give him time and he will flourish and become a great young stud of a role player!
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been worried about the same thing. He just seems like he needs the right opportunity in the right system. He's had a little opportunity in Detroit but it just didn't seem like the right timing. His game reminds me a lot of Durant's. You would think Daye could at least average 15ppg. Really Daye seems more suited for SF, but with Tay there's not going to be many minutes there and I'm definitely not for trading Prince. He's so versatile and honestly he could've went to all kinds of different places last year but he decided to stay in Detroit through the rebuilding. He's one of the true class acts in sports. That's why I'd like to see Daye get at least a little burn at SG. It would kind of remind me of what the Pacers do starting Paul George at SG. That tall lineup the Pacers use has proven to be pretty effective this year and I like what they've done.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #18
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool

Yeah huge respect for Prince staying around, he would set such a classy example for all our young kids coming through. Can't just have a team of all young guys, Prince is perfect for our development over the next 3 years. In a perfect world I want Daye to take over as our SF from Prince, and have prince as our 6th man to savehis body and also that would mean Daye is beasting if he takes over from Prince! If Monroe wasn't available Paul George was the next guy on my list, he is going to be a superstar, no doubt...

Imagine if we got lucky in the lottery... Say we got #4 and the first 3 picks were Davis, MKG and Beal... Who would you take? Drummond? Robinson? Barnes?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #19
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I'm still open to the prospect of playing Monroe at PF....
Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Imagine if we got lucky in the lottery... Say we got #4 and the first 3 picks were Davis, MKG and Beal... Who would you take? Drummond? Robinson? Barnes?

I'm a little timid about Drummond. He'll have to be very impressive in the workouts. I think Barnes is going to be a solid player. I'd be really happy if Detroit somehow landed him. I think Robinson has a chance, but one thing I'm unsure of is his true height. I don't want a 6'8" PF. While someone like that can still be good, they certainly won't win a championship (at least as a starter and we need a starter). If Robinson measures out to be 6'10" then I'd take him in a heartbeat. I love what he did in the tournament against some really good competition. The kid has heart. I think Barnes has the least amount of potential to be a bust though.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I think Robinson will turn out similar to Millsap with more boards. Pure hustle, determination and heart with just enough offensive skill to compliment his stingy defense all in all making him probably the safest, but lowest ceiling out of the 3.

Barnes scared me by not absolutely dominating college ball this year. I was expecting him to break records with his scoring, he looks unstopable at time, yes - just like durant, but at other times looks like Matt Barnes.... I think with good coaching and good work ethic he could be somthing special, a pure scorer, thinking he might turn out similar to a danny granger....

Drummond in my mind has the most potential in this draft. He could be absolutely anything. Pure physical specimen, who shouldn't be able to move as quick, or jump as high, with such a muscular built body. He doesn't have the offense of a Bynum or Cousins, but he has as much if not more offensive ability as a rookie Amare. He could be the next 20/10 beast and an anchor on offense, or he could be the next Wilcox...

I think it would come down to Drummond or Barnes for me, potential is a huge key for me. And whilst Prince is still with us, Drummond would allow Monroe to play a Duncan type PF role with the big bodied Drummond holding down the middle, that entices me....
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

Drummond does have potential, but he kind of reminds me of a young Kwame in a way too, lol. He has that look of a great basketball player but he might not get there. With as little size as there is in college he should've dominated.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Your are right mate, he did disappear far too much for his status
Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
dd24
College superstar

That's why I'm for keeping these athletes in college until they're 20. Sure there's a few exceptions to the rule, like Anthony Davis will be this year but there's far more busts out there. Look how exposed Sullinger and Perry Jones were this year. Last season they would have both went in the top 5 I'm sure.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #25
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Yep, both would of been top 5, this year, both might not even be top 10. Same with Barnes, last year he was rumored to go between #1 and #3 depending on the team, this year I have seen him as low as #9 on some mock drafts, although I think he will go top 4...

I really like quincey miller from baylor, I see him floating as a high 2nd round pick, I think we should trade up a few spots with our 2nd rounder to get this guy, think he will be an absolute machine, similar to Paul George with his game and size...
Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Completely agreed, Quincy Miller is gonna be a steal. That guy can play.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #27
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Something tells me he is going to end up in the middle of the first round once teams start working him out...
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

I feel like he was probably the most consistent player on that Baylor team this year, but somehow he just never really got in the spotlight. He probably will be in the middle of the first round. I'd love to have another draft pick this year, lol. This is such a deep draft. It may not be full of all-stars but there's a lot of good talent.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #29
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

He was overshadowed not by Perry Jones, but by Perry Jones' potential, which never kicked in really... There is a good chance we might get Perry, hmm... I agree, hopfully Dumars can swing a deal and get a 20th pick or somthing for ben gordon. At this stage, would love to have a young stud like quincey over the out of place, out of sorts, 9 years older ben gordon.... But a team such as the clippers would be silly not to try and get someone of Gordon's calibre, as they don't need draft picks they already have their young studs of the future. Would be a good trade all round
Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I'd like to see us take a Jones,Moultrie or maybe Henson. It sucks that we can't really go G again because I like some of the SGs in this draft,J.Lamb especially. It also sucks we can't take Sullinger, as he is one of the surest things in this draft but would pair awfully with Monroe defensively. Sullinger is a lock to be David West,Carlos Boozer type player in this league, with better passing. He'll have a high FG%,rebound rate and assist rate for his position.

We need athleticimsm and length next to Monroe first and foremost, but we also need a Sf of the future. My board would look like this

Davis,Robinson,Drummond,Barnes,MKG,Beal,Lamb,T.Jon es,P.Jones,Moultrie,Henson,Sullinger,Harkless,Leon ard.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: