Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #211
bluechox2
#knickstape

Default Re: Trades,Free Agency, Draft Thread

i have a question... what happened if we decide to use the full 5 and cap out? it is dolan after all... does it restrict signing anyone else for the whole season like for an injury replacement?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #212
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You brought it up.

Censor yourself.

I'll get it back on topic though. We should trade Melo.

He'll fetch a lot of value from the right sucker.

Yea because we'll have to try really hard to FOOL someone into taking one of the best scorers in the league.

Quote:
I think the Knicks need to find some well rounded players and not so much one dimensional players.

Brother Rameek! Say it again!

Quote:
Backup 4/5 Marcus Camby, Ivan Johnson from the Hawks and hopefully either Steimsma from the Celtics or Thompson from the Kings with the BAE.

We're not getting Ivan Johnson or Thompson with the BAE unless somehow there's some off the court riff within the organization with them. Theyre almost surely going to get more money than that. I wouldnt be surprised if Camby cost more than that either. I think Camby will end his career in Houston. He has a house and a lot of business ventures out there from what I here. I would be happy if we signed him but I didn't realize he was so old. Dude is 38? He's one of the oldest players in the league. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him play for the Knicks as the young fella.

Last edited by franchize : 06-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #213
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

I didnt hear the heat clown us, what did they say?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #214
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You brought it up.

Censor yourself.

I'll get it back on topic though. We should trade Melo.

He'll fetch a lot of value from the right sucker.
The object is to win, and nowhere did I bring up what you said.

I specifically said to beat Miami, that dude wearing number 7 is gonna be the main reason why.

But I have no issue trading anyone if the team gets better, not no 3 years down the road better either....right here, right now.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #215
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

JR Smith opted out. He wants a long term deal with NY though.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #216
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The object is to win, and nowhere did I bring up what you said.

I specifically said to beat Miami, that dude wearing number 7 is gonna be the main reason why.

But I have no issue trading anyone if the team gets better, not no 3 years down the road better either....right here, right now.

Quote:
I don't see any team in the Eastern conference that has a single player that can go toe to toe with LeBron....

Except us.

And then I said, more or less, that you were crazy for believing this. Unless I'm thinking of a different thread and whatever you edited out of my post is something else entirely.

Now I'm not sure.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #217
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We're good Scoooter, but what you wrote didn't fit, nor was constructive, thus just me saying..... wrong thread.

Post away sir.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #218
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

But it was a response to several other posts.

I'm genuinely confused now.

Anyway, I think we have a shot at Lowry. He's not my favorite potentially available PG, but he definitely seems on the outs with Houston. Very good defender. Kind of like Ray Felton when he's skinny and trying.

Still, Nash, Lin, Dragic, and D-Will would all be preferable.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #219
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

If you're referring to Kyle Lowry, he isn't a free agent, and for the most part it seems Houston wants to a trade with a pick involved for him.

He's out of our range, imo.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #220
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
My shooting guard hopeful would be Shannon Brown for the mini MLE.
If they do it I'm quitting this fanbase. Shannon Brown is absolutely useless and is not an upgrade over Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, or JR Smith; quite honestly I also think Bill Walker is better but don't feel like arguing about it.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #221
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
If they do it I'm quitting this fanbase. Shannon Brown is absolutely useless and is not an upgrade over Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, or JR Smith; quite honestly I also think Bill Walker is better but don't feel like arguing about it.
He's an upgrade over a player who won't hit the court in stride until most likely February, and over a player who isn't a shooting guard at all.

Jr can be signed without having to use the mle, he'll be signed with the non bird if he comes back.

Brown isn't a starter imo, but he is a good player.

At least he hits his threes at a good clip and makes free throws, something Landry can't say at all right now.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #222
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Its pretty tough to find those guys for the PF & C positions.

In terms of being well rounded to contribute on offense & defense, espescially for the BAE or minimum salaries. Most of them are nothing more than backups who hopefully do 1 thing well enough to keep their job in the NBA.

Personally, for realistic targets at the PF/C positions the #1 guy on my list would be Kenyon Martin. We might be turning into the NY Nuggets, but I'll take him in a heartbeat for that BAE at $2 Million per year.
You don't want Kenyon for anything more and maybe you are right that it's tough to find a big. But Kmart is a terrible player to mesh w Carmelo and chandler or Carmelo and amare. Jeffries is a better fit and thabeet would be more valuable.

I think it's a must to get I into a pick for Cunningham or wroten but a great pick w the current 2nd rd pick would be Robert sacre from gonzaga 7 foot, athletic, and aggressive on a great frame.
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #223
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
You don't want Kenyon for anything more and maybe you are right that it's tough to find a big. But Kmart is a terrible player to mesh w Carmelo and chandler or Carmelo and amare. Jeffries is a better fit and thabeet would be more valuable.

Kenyon Martin has questionable shot selection at this point in his career, but there is no doubt he can handle most big men defensively. He's a dog. A pitbull who doesn't back down and will try to intimidate whoever he's matched up with. I'm talking 20-25 MPG just off the bench. If Woody is consistent about bringing back an 80's style of basketball, then K-Mart is your enforcer.

Jared Jeffries was a good fit under D'Antoni when we needed someone who gave some sort of effort on defense in the frontcourt, but with a better defensive unit anchored by Chandler he's become expendable.

Thabeet is worth a flyer for a minimum salary, and I'd like to see that happen too.

Quote:
I think it's a must to get I into a pick for Cunningham or wroten but a great pick w the current 2nd rd pick would be Robert sacre from gonzaga 7 foot, athletic, and aggressive on a great frame.

Not sure if Cunningham will slip that far to 48.

I know some Mocks have him between 35-45, but they dont take into account the teams who are surely going to draft some Euros who we've never heard of and stash them.

Thats kinda why I've kept consistent on Scott Machado because he's pretty realistic for our draft spot. If he goes before 48, I have no clue what to do or think.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #224
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Not sure if Cunningham will slip that far to 48.

I know some Mocks have him between 35-45, but they dont take into account the teams who are surely going to draft some Euros who we've never heard of and stash them.

Thats kinda why I've kept consistent on Scott Machado because he's pretty realistic for our draft spot. If he goes before 48, I have no clue what to do or think.

This is one of the weakest drafts for Euros maybe ever. Fournier and Sotoransky are possibly the only players who will get drafted.

Rowe, I think it was you and DaKOKing that sold me on Machado months ago. I think he's a perfect fit, especially as a second round draft pick. His stock is rising but it isn't totally out of the question that he'll be there at 48. Personally, I'd sign and trade Landry to GS (as I mentioned before and is now beng rumored). They have 4 picks. They have the last pick of the 1st and the 5th pick of the 2nd. I'm sure one of those are expendable. Landry, Harrelson, Jordan for Dorrell Wright and the 35th pick... something like that. Then, we could conceivably draft Cunningham AND Machado.

Quote:

Wroten has a lot of raw talent but his shot selection and terrible jump shot scare me. He also shot arguably the worst out of any guard at the combine. I counted 3 shots that hit the side of the backboard.

Quote:
f you're referring to Kyle Lowry, he isn't a free agent, and for the most part it seems Houston wants to a trade with a pick involved for him.

He's out of our range, imo.

Not so fast. Scooter is on to something. I've been saying this for a while now. Lowry is attainable. Moreso now than ever. Rockets just got yet another pick from Minnesota for Chase Budinger. They may go after Dwight Howard but chances are, they could get shut down. I highly doubt they'll trade Lowry for yet another pick. I think think that would make 4 1st round picks.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #225
el gringos
Good college starter

Houston is going to do something- I'm hoping it's coming for amare after getting turned down for Dwight. Lowry s value is too high right now- he is going to be a big piece in a trade for them but for the Knicks motiejunas would be a better target

I know Cunningham or wroten won't last till Knicks pick but teams like the rockets, Cavs, bobcats, and warriors have too many picks late 1st/early 2nd. There could be some picks to be had

I have to admit I just don't know machado
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: