Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Barkley believes NBA might rig lottery for the Nets

The only way the lottery wouldn't be rigged, it's that the Wizards win it.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
The only way the lottery wouldn't be rigged, it's that the Wizards win it.
So maybe the Stern will rigged it for the Wizard ohsht
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

lol, people think it's hard to rig the lottery.

IT HAPPENS IN A CLOSED ROOM WITH ONLY SELECTED PEOPLE THERE.

Why would it have to be like that if it wasn't rigged?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
lol, people think it's hard to rig the lottery.

IT HAPPENS IN A CLOSED ROOM WITH ONLY SELECTED PEOPLE THERE.

Why would it have to be like that if it wasn't rigged?

-Smak
it's very difficult, to think it is not is to not understand the process.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

1.7%
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

the hornets will win it with the wolves pick. trust me
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it's very difficult, to think it is not is to not understand the process.

"Not hard" meaning its not something that they couldn't do and wouldn't be worth it to do.

Like I always tell people who believe in the sanctity of professional sports, these are big businesses. They have gigantic TV deals. There is money to be made depending on what happens.

Why are people always on that whole, "Oh, David Stern is a good guy... he wouldn't do anything like that!"

They'd say something like IT WOULD RUIN THEM IF THEY GOT CAUGHT! No it wouldn't they'd just say "lol another conspiracy theory" and all of you guys would accept it because you'd rather be delusional than have your favorite thing diminished in any way.

-Smak
Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
"Not hard" meaning its not something that they couldn't do and wouldn't be worth it to do.

Like I always tell people who believe in the sanctity of professional sports, these are big businesses. They have gigantic TV deals. There is money to be made depending on what happens.

Why are people always on that whole, "Oh, David Stern is a good guy... he wouldn't do anything like that!"

They'd say something like IT WOULD RUIN THEM IF THEY GOT CAUGHT! No it wouldn't they'd just say "lol another conspiracy theory" and all of you guys would accept it because you'd rather be delusional than have your favorite thing diminished in any way.

-Smak
No, it would ruin them. The teams would cease to be partners and the commissioners office would be done and it's possible congress pulls the anti trust exemptions. The downside is a million times greater.

Soemone tell me the upside of rigging the lottery? There is no one necessary market in the lottery. Brooklyn? NY already has a team, if Brooklyn failed, it failed. It wouldn't hurt the league at all.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The lottery is not rigged.

There are too many people involved to keep a conspiracy like this going without it ever leaking out. It's too complicated and the risk of something like that being exposed is far too high for the NBA.

You could write a narrative for many teams once they win the lottery to propagate the conspiracy theory.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The lottery is not rigged.

There are too many people involved to keep a conspiracy like this going without it ever leaking out. It's too complicated and the risk of something like that being exposed is far too high for the NBA.

You could write a narrative for many teams once they win the lottery to propagate the conspiracy theory.
Plus their isn't really (especially this year) and huge gain or loss depending on where the first pick goes. If the league was struggling and you had a Lebron level talent, you could change the landscape if he went to the right team. What is the motivation of sticking Davis in any particualr market? He's not a landscape changer for the NBA
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #26
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
No, it would ruin them. The teams would cease to be partners and the commissioners office would be done and it's possible congress pulls the anti trust exemptions. The downside is a million times greater.

Soemone tell me the upside of rigging the lottery? There is no one necessary market in the lottery. Brooklyn? NY already has a team, if Brooklyn failed, it failed. It wouldn't hurt the league at all.

For NJ? No idea.

I don't think congress would trip over the NBA making money. Money made is government money made. Beyond that, since the NBA invented the lottery, how can it be an anti-trust thing? I would say that everything done inside the NBA would be legal because it's the NBA's choice.

In my opinion, it wouldn't ruin the NBA. The ref scandal didn't ruin the NBA. They can always find a scapegoat. They could even sacrifice Stern if they had to and get someone else. "The Money Making Machine" is greater than any person. And it wouldn't be very hard to have people who understood the idea as the only ones involved.

I can ask you a question... if the lottery is just drawing balls, it would be much, much more exciting to see the balls drawn live. That might even be worth tuning in for. Why do you think they don't do it on live TV?

-Smak
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Well Lopez is not gonna fill seats I can bet you that.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
For NJ? No idea.

I don't think congress would trip over the NBA making money. Money made is government money made. Beyond that, since the NBA invented the lottery, how can it be an anti-trust thing? I would say that everything done inside the NBA would be legal because it's the NBA's choice.

In my opinion, it wouldn't ruin the NBA. The ref scandal didn't ruin the NBA. They can always find a scapegoat. They could even sacrifice Stern if they had to and get someone else. "The Money Making Machine" is greater than any person. And it wouldn't be very hard to have people who understood the idea as the only ones involved.

I can ask you a question... if the lottery is just drawing balls, it would be much, much more exciting to see the balls drawn live. That might even be worth tuning in for. Why do you think they don't do it on live TV?

-Smak
Because people like you used to watch and dissect it. If a ball was dropped, the machine got stuck, anything went wrong you'd claim they cheated.

And yes, it would be a big freaking deal if the league got caught riggning the lottery. Its different than a ref cheating. its the league cheating.

COngress is going to investigate bounty gate, you think they wouldn't take a look at the NBA cheating?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #29
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Well Lopez is not gonna fill seats I can bet you that.
if not one person went the first two years and then you got good, then people would come. the league would not die from it.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #30
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
if not one person went the first two years and then you got good, then people would come. the league would not die from it.
Your right, but it certainly help's. Look at the Clipper's, they went from being in the bottom in filling in seat's now they are a top 5 ticket selling team.

I dont think it is a big deal though to be honest.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: