Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #16
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Where will KG play next season?

lakers for vet min
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
teddytwelvetoes
Kids at the park dunk on me

teddytwelvetoes has an OK reputation so far

Boston.
teddytwelvetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #18
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

KG would NEVER, let me repeat, NEVER, sign with the Heat.

I'm sure he'll re-sign with Boston. The only other possibilities (of which are very SLIM) I see is him signing a small deal with OKC or Chicago (unlikely if Noah is there lol), and, depending on what other moves Dallas makes, maybe the Mavs.

1. Stay in Boston.
2. Sign with a contender.
3. Retire.

He won't go wherever the most money is if it's to a bad or average team. Why would he waste his last year or two losing in NJ?

I'd love both him and Allen in Chicago, but I don't see it happening for KG, but maybe Allen. I don't see KG playing for a team without starting. And although I would love to see him start over Boozer, I don't see that happening or him starting over Noah.

He'd obviously be a great fit at center for the Heat, but obviously I don't see him joining that prima donna team. Clippers ain't happening cause of Griffin and Jordan. He won't go to the Lakers to backup Gasol and Bynum. He won't go to Orlando with the mess going on there. If not Boston, I could see him going to OKC or Dallas. He'd play center in Dallas and in OKC he could play either alongside Ibaka. Would also be interesting if he went back to Minny at center, but after what he said I don't see that happening. I'm still thinking he stays in Boston.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It all depends on what Ainge wants to do. Ainge better leave Paul Pierce alone. And then it's up to him if he wants to keep them all together and sign a center (A young one, like Asik) or if he decides he wants to slowly move away and balance the team out. It's really up to the direction he wants to keep the team going in.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I'd love both him and Allen in Chicago, but I don't see it happening for KG, but maybe Allen. I don't see KG playing for a team without starting. And although I would love to see him start over Boozer, I don't see that happening or him starting over Noah.

He'd obviously be a great fit at center for the Heat, but obviously I don't see him joining that prima donna team. Clippers ain't happening cause of Griffin and Jordan. He won't go to the Lakers to backup Gasol and Bynum. He won't go to Orlando with the mess going on there. If not Boston, I could see him going to OKC or Dallas. He'd play center in Dallas and in OKC he could play either alongside Ibaka. Would also be interesting if he went back to Minny at center, but after what he said I don't see that happening. I'm still thinking he stays in Boston.

Hmm dwight/kg, wanted it in Boston.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

hopefully miami
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

First of all, Doc signed a 5 year extension last offseason. Second of all, he openly said he wanted KG as a Celtic next season which means they aren't blowing it up and will be relevant as long as Doc stays.

People here do not understand the loyalty Garnett has. During 07 offseason, even after Celtics acquired Allen, KG was reluctant to leave Minnesota until Pat Riley, Billups and many others convinced him and spoke to him about the importance of a ring. He is as loyal as you can get.

So he either retires or comes back for cheap!
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

I really think him and Ray Allen might be willing to take a vet min to stick with the Celtics so they can beef up their squad with some younger free agents. That's just a guess but they both seem to love it there and love Doc Rivers and it's not like they are hurting for money or anything.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

As a lifelong Kevin Garnett fan, these are the scenarios I want for him personally, in order:

1. Go back to Boston, along with Ray Allen, assuming the Celtics bring in some nice pieces to help push them over the top.

2. Go to Dallas to team with Derron Williams (he will be a Mav) and Dirk. I'm no Mavs fan, but living near Dallas, I'd love for my favorite player ever to play here so I could see him numerous times in one season instead of once per year.

3. Go to Minnesota to finish his career where it started. Be a vet presence/mentor and help lead them to the playoffs. Very unlikely though. It would be a great fit though. The one big thing, along with SG, the Wolves are missing is a defensive big.

4. Go to OKC to help them win it all.

5. Retire.

If he signs with the Lakers or Heat, I will die.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Does anyone think KG to Dallas is a legit possibility?

I know it's most likely he returns to Boston on the cheap. But what if the Mavs sign Deron Williams and another solid player or two. Do you think the Mavs would even make an offer to KG? And do you think if they did, that KG would go to Dallas?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

KG and Ray aren't taking the veteran's minimum. Like the rest, I like to think loyalty plays a part in the decision process, but its a two-sided street...he's been the major catalyst of this franchise's rejuvenation in the last 5 years and the Celtics aren't going to ask him to take a $19 million paycut. That's just absurd and its insulting unless this crap is already worked out and there's a huge free agent signing waiting in the wings this summer.

I'd go so far as to say we're probably losing Ray this summer. KG? I'd hope we go out of our way to keep him should he decide he wants to give it another go for a year or two.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Garnett does not like being moved, so I doubt Garnett will accept the veteran minimum. He prefers to stay in one spot.
I guess as long as Ainge puts a high trade kicker in for KG with respectable pay, he's going to stay.

I thought he would retire after this season. I'm glad that it looks like I'm wrong.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
jb220
Heat baby #yolo

jb220 has an OK reputation so far

How about he comes to the Lakers?

Deron Williams/Ramon Sessions/Steve Blake
Kobe Bryant/Andrew Goudelock
Metta World Peace/Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett/Lamar Odom/Josh McRoberts
Dwight Howard/Jordan Hill
jb220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
LABean
Kobe Bean

LABean has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb220
How about he comes to the Lakers?

No, thanks...
LABean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: