Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Where will KG play next season?

I hope the C's can keep him at a hometown discount, but with the way he's playing, its likely someone opens up the checkbook. Who might that be?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where will KG play next season?

NJ wants him for some reason.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Makes sense, they need an angle to sell tickets.

Last edited by JohnnySic : 04-12-2012 at 10:25 AM.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should take a paycut and stay with the Celtics. They've done him right after all those years losing in Minny.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If they just blow the Cs away with the money it could happen but I don't see any other reason for him to join a team that bad. The Celtics want him but as a short-term rental. If that pisses him off it could be a problem but he can't be thinking he's got several years left if he's realistic.

I see three true possibilities, which I rank in order of likelihood:

1. Stays in Boston for a one or two-year deal. That would fit his loyal nature, especially if the Cs can win a series (or two? ok, not so realistic).

2. Joins a contender for the MLE or less.

3. Retires.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

KG will take a vet min from a contender before he takes a 30 mil 3 year deal from an average team. This guy is all about winning.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Honestly, with the way the Celtics have been playing this year I don't see why the Celtics don't bring back KG and Allen for a vets minimum if they are willing to do so and with all the money they've made and their desire it seems to not move teams, I don't see why they wouldn't. Lets say with all that cap room, they are able to get Jeff Green, OJ Mayo, Kris Humphries all for salaries starting at about $8 million per year. Then also get Grant Hill and Marcus Camby for the vets minimum. The Celtics would have a team of:

C KG/Steisma/Camby
PF Bass/Humphries/JaJuan
SF Pierce/Green/Hill
SG Mayo/Allen
PG Rondo/Bradley

Thats a ridiculously deep team with a nice blend of youth, experience, and veterans.

Last edited by guy : 04-12-2012 at 11:14 AM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

KG will retire next season most likely. If not, he would just stick with the C's. Why would he stoop to the level of accepting a vet min on title contenders when he has a chip already? If he sticks with the C's, I forsee that he'll be more of a player-coach. Developing our bigs and giving us good but limited minutes on the court.
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Honestly, with the way the Celtics have been playing this year I don't see why the Celtics don't bring back KG and Allen for a vets minimum if they are willing to do so and with all the money they've made and their desire it seems to not move teams, I don't see why they wouldn't. Lets say with all that cap room, they are able to get Jeff Green, OJ Mayo, Kris Humphries all for salaries starting at about $8 million per year. Then also get Grant Hill and Marcus Camby for the vets minimum. The Celtics would have a team of:

C KG/Camby
PF Bass/Humphries/JaJuan
SF Pierce/Green/Hill
SG Mayo/Allen
PG Rondo/Bradley

Thats a ridiculously deep team with a nice blend of youth, experience, and veterans.
Grant Hill says with Phoenix every year becuse they offer him more money than minimum, all of a sudden he signs with Boston for minimum?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
TheStarting5ive
Decent playground baller

TheStarting5ive has an OK reputation so far

KG will either retire or remain a Celtic. Period.
TheStarting5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Grant Hill says with Phoenix every year becuse they offer him more money than minimum, all of a sudden he signs with Boston for minimum?

Nash will be gone, and Hill has already made a ton of money in his career. I don't know, it was just an example. All I'm saying is the Celtics will have alot of flexibility and if KG and Allen are willing to come back for cheap, they can also attract some other veterans to come over cheap and they can become serious contenders.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go to the Heat?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Was watching Celtics yesterdays game vs Hawks, and interesting detail was mentioned - Garnett leads Celtics in 4Q scoring with 5.1 PPG.

KG On Court/Off Court this season: +15.5, second is Pierce with +7.9, Rondo +5.5. Since All-star break Garnett leads NBA in +/- 170

Considering how rare DPOY level big mans in NBA currently, KG could get pretty sizable contract for 1-2 seasons. So it depends in what state Celtics will be for '13. If Ainge is blowing out team, KG could go elsewhere, but if Cs will be a potential contender - he could resign for a lesser salary.

Last edited by Harison : 04-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Go to the Heat?

KG would NEVER, let me repeat, NEVER, sign with the Heat.

I'm sure he'll re-sign with Boston. The only other possibilities (of which are very SLIM) I see is him signing a small deal with OKC or Chicago (unlikely if Noah is there lol), and, depending on what other moves Dallas makes, maybe the Mavs.

1. Stay in Boston.
2. Sign with a contender.
3. Retire.

He won't go wherever the most money is if it's to a bad or average team. Why would he waste his last year or two losing in NJ?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never read anything saying the Nets are interested in KG. I'm not interested in him either. I'd rather have Humphires who is like 10 years younger and paid like 13 million less.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: