Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If Tmac were healthy his entire career...

Still seems like he would be an underachiever.

I don't think he had the right attitude on how to become an all-time great player.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Some people would probably say he was very arrogant just because he played the game with such ease, but he was definitely my favourite player to watch growing up. He was very fun to watch and made most players in the league look sub par at best. Too bad his teams have always been terrible.

He really Fked up when he left Toronto.....He and VC together could have made a couple title runs.....maybe won one?
This would've changed everyone's view of him now.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3

Come on man...

T-Mac was basically an inefficient (compared to Lebron), shotjacking, NO DEFENSE version of a skinny Lebron with less court vision/passing ability... which is still more than enough to make him arguably the 2nd best in the NBA... but BETTER than Lebron? No...

Last edited by pauk : 03-21-2012 at 12:33 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
SwooshReturns
Samurai Swoosh

SwooshReturns has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
skinny Lebron
What does being skinny have to do with anything?

I swear half of LeBron's fans are just enamoured with his physique. It's actually pretty gay.

T-Mac and LeBron played nothing alike.
SwooshReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Come on man...

T-Mac was basically an inefficient, shotjacking, no defense version of a skinny Lebron with less court vision/passing ability... which is still more than enough to make him arguably the 2nd best in the NBA... but BETTER than Lebron? No...

I would agree he wouldn't be better than LeBron... but no defense?

Dude was a damn good defender when he put his mind to it, especially help defense.

I think if he went to college for a couple of years, he could have cut down his inefficiency.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Primary
I airball my layups

Primary has an OK reputation so far

What about Penny?
Primary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #22
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
What does being skinny have to do with anything?

I swear half of LeBron's fans are just enamoured with his physique. It's actually pretty gay.

T-Mac and LeBron played nothing alike.

It means nothing actually.... you are kindof exaggarating...

I think T-Mac was extremly similar to Lebron, as similar as two players can ever get in this league IMO........ he played EXACTLY like a Lebron but with much less efficiency, passing somewhat and most importantly DEFENSE... he was just not exactly that type of talented... they had also similar size (he was more skinny, thats all it means, nothing more, dont exaggarate please?), position, T-Mac was also doing alot of "point-forwarding"...

Last edited by pauk : 03-21-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I would agree he wouldn't be better than LeBron... but no defense?

Dude was a damn good defender when he put his mind to it, especially help defense.

I think if he went to college for a couple of years, he could have cut down his inefficiency.

Compared to Lebron... its not like T-mac was ever even once even close to being a 2nd team all-nba defender nor a runner-up for freakin Defensive Player of the Year....
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
He really Fked up when he left Toronto.....He and VC together could have made a couple title runs.....maybe won one?
This would've changed everyone's view of him now.

Tmac and Vince winning a title would have been amazing. Imagine they beat the 76ers in 2001 and beat Shaq.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary
What about Penny?

penny was in place to be the next big nba star after jordan.and the most likable nba star

he had everything going for him....

Nike....well known team, excellent all around game, photogenic, exciting playing style...
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #26
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

The most likeable player in the league? I don't know about that. He got into a lot of fights...throwing the ball at Bobby Jackson's head and then getting into a fist fight with him, going at it with Kenyon Martin, pushing that one guys face really hard, standing up for VC a couple times, starting sh*t with Castillo(I think) in international ball, soccer kicking the ball into the stands twice...entertaining though.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
SwooshReturns
Samurai Swoosh

SwooshReturns has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
starting sh*t with Castillo(I think) in international ball
Castillo started that ... T-mac finished it.
SwooshReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #28
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Health was not that big of a problem with Tmac. The biggest problem with Tmac was his attitude.

He is easily the worst leader I have seen and one of the worst teammates I have ever seen as well.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #29
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see how health correlates to being well-liked. Then again, I don't understand why everyone hates the guy in the first place. T-Mac was an awesome player, and to hold injuries and bad luck against him is stupid.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #30
plUto or bUst
I hit open 5-footers

plUto or bUst has an OK reputation so far

Lebron is on another level from everyone else. Prime T-mac would have given him a run for his money. A better scorer, not as good rebounder or passer.

Some people pointed to t-mac's lack of defense, but dude was a shutdown defender when he wanted to be. I remember a playoff series where Dirk was going off, but tmac stopped that quick when he was put on Dirk.
plUto or bUst is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: