Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Back Pain: Help me diagnose

I am having some pretty bad back pain. I am 24 years old.

The Pain: Sharp, sometimes throbbing pain in my lower back, concentrated on the right side near the spine.

The pain is the worst when I try to stand up after sitting for awhile, although it still hurts even if I've only been sitting for 10 mins or so.

For the most part it doesn't hurt while walking, but while playing sports it starts to hurt after awhile.

What could this be, should I see a doctor?
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic has decent reputationOrlando Magic has decent reputation
Default Re: Back Pain: Help me diagnose

Aids.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aids.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

sids

anyhow, are you stretching daily?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shit man if it's a sharp pain it could be something serious like a kidney.

Go see yo doctor.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

I don't stretch but I've been trying to start now lol it seems to help for a little bit but I'm hopeful it will go away
Old 07-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Weight. Are you active?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

lower back pain in the right side of your spine is normally the 1st sign of aids
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Weight. Are you active?

I'm 5'9, 170 pounds. I'm pretty active, spend a lot of time outdoors, play in a bball summer league, etc.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
I don't stretch but I've been trying to start now lol it seems to help for a little bit but I'm hopeful it will go away

if the sharp pain continues, maybe a doctor visit is your best bet. but if stretching helps alleviate the symptoms, keep on keeping on. id recommend using a dense foam roller too. really really helps with recovery.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
I'm 5'9, 170 pounds. I'm pretty active, spend a lot of time outdoors, play in a bball summer league, etc.
May have just pulled something. Like someone said stretch and rest.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is there anything you've done recently that might've caused the pain? Any heave lifting or something like that?

I hope it's not this...

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pa...-2-years-after

...Maybe give that a ready and see if anything seems to run along the lines of what you're mentioning. Most of all, go to a f*cking doctor.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #13
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not Lupus.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:40 AM   #14
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

You're fat and unhealthy. Start strengthening your glutes, start stretching your hips, then do some planks.
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:43 AM   #15
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Minor. Back pains are pretty common. Stay away from heavy lifting and you should be fine.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: