Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #6616
Dresta
A humble prophet

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
There are only 3 streets in Zimmerman's complex where he lived for 4 years and was the head of the neighborhood watch, come on man. Even in the recreation he knew the name of the street he couldn't remember a few hours before. And why did he feel he had to get an address from a street he wasn't parked on, in a direction that Trayvon hadn't run to (and he jumped out of his car a second after saying 'oh shit, he's running!'). And then when prompted by the dispatcher to tell him the address, his response was 'could you have [the police] call me, and I'll tell them where I'm at'.

Really?

And I'd love to finally get an answer to the question I posted above. Can't be that difficult to answer, right? I mean there must be a logical reason why a kid walking home to watch the NBA all star game with a fruit drink and candy in hand would all of a sudden transform, unprovoked obviously, into a bloodthirsty murderous werewolf.
Because there is no reason to know the road names. I know where the roads around me go, but i never look at the names because they are of no use to me. Not knowing the street names is not a crime, again.

Nice hyperbole. He didn't 'transform into a werewolf' but he clearly beat the shit out of Zimmerman - that is FACT. He was known to have a violent character, yet you portray him as a 'kid' with candy and fruit juice. Who is being biased here, seriously?
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #6617
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
mean there must be a logical reason why a kid walking home to watch the NBA all star game with a fruit drink and candy in hand would all of a sudden transform, unprovoked obviously, into a bloodthirsty murderous werewolf.

Irrelevant, but the Watermelon Arizona fruit drink and skittles were two of the ingredients he used to make the codeine lean/“watermellon sizzurp,” (The drink is made using Arizona watermelon juice, Robitussin or Codeine syrup, and a few skittles or jolly rancher candies as Trayvon described on Facebook. He also said he wanted to fight somebody again because "he didn't bleed enough" and I suspect that after he made it home, Precious provoked him go beat that "creppy ass cracka's" ass who was following him.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6618
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
The State, police, and even the defense are all on record that Trayvon Martin hid from Zimmerman after running away from him (most likely after realizing the creepy guy stalking him was now out of his car chasing after him). So that's Trayvon's alibi for what he was doing during that time span.

Anyone care to refute this?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6619
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Because there is no reason to know the road names. I know where the roads around me go, but i never look at the names because they are of no use to me. Not knowing the street names is not a crime, again.

Again, there are only 3 streets in the neighborhood where Zimmerman lived in for 4 years and was the neighborhood watch captain. There were well lit addresses that Zim could've easily spotted without having to leave his car. The street he claims he went to was neither near where his car was parked nor in the direction where he claimed Trayvon ran.

He wants you to believe that he jumped out of his car a second after saying 'oh shit, he's running!' so he could get said address that he never gave to dispatch... despite the fact that he admitted he was following the kid?

I knew there was some gullible people out there. History has taught us that you can get mass amounts of people to believe in the most blatant made up bullshit imaginable, so I guess it shouldn't shock me that there are some who actually buy this story.

Quote:
Nice hyperbole. He didn't 'transform into a werewolf' but he clearly beat the shit out of Zimmerman - that is FACT. He was known to have a violent character, yet you portray him as a 'kid' with candy and fruit juice. Who is being biased here, seriously?

How am I being biased by 'portraying' Trayvon as a kid with candy and fruit juice? That's exactly what he was- a kid 'casually walking in the rain' as Zim put it, with candy and a fruit juice in his pockets. Where is the bias?

And you say he was 'known to be a violent character'... by whom exactly? Zim was known to be a violent character and child molester... would make sense for a kid walking alone to be frightened of a child molesting, violent, gun-toting vigilante.

You still haven't told me what the kid's motive would be for randomly trying to kill the stranger he had just run away from who admitted he was following the kid.

Any time you're ready.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #6620
ace23

Getting out of the car can't be compared to randomly going for a drive since your potential victim is not in sight in that hypothetical.

That's a really bad comparison.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #6621
MJ23forever

Unfortunately, Trayvon had a disposition to violence that was encouraged by the culture he involved himself in. It's not hard to imagine Rachel Jeantel telling him to go beat the "creepy ass cracka's" ass after Trayvon had already made it back to his house. We already know Trayvon was involved in illegal activities, theft, drugs, illegal guns, codeine lean, attacking a bus driver, involved in school fights, where he said he was going to fight someone again because "he didn't bleed enough". vandalism, multiple school suspicious and from his twitter account ""NO LIMIT N1gga" (POPULAR slang used by the Florida Black Foot Soldiers when they are talking about what they call “black on white (BOW) reparations protests.’ A references is even found on their website! For those of you who don’t know, Black Foot Soldier BOW reparations protests are actually black on white robberies. They use lingo like this to mask their support of their support of crime and violence against whites for any reason)

He was getting deeper and deeper into thug culture and violence is a part of it, not logic and reason.

He may at one point have been a nice, innocent kid, but so is every gang-banger and drug pusher you see on the street corner or in prison. He was heading down a dark path and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he decided to act "gangsta" and attack George Zimmerman.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #6622
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta

He didn't know the main street that turns into the complex from the outside? He is supposed to be a neighborhood watchman. He didn't even know the street behind him which is only about 40 feet away. As a five year old you should know the name of two streets around you. It criminal to be that stupid but you are right, its not a crime.

I think he knew it but it is a testament to his long list of lies.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #6623
MJ23forever

Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #6624
ace23

STAND UP GUY. CLEARLY HE LOVED CHILDREN

Just stop with the pictures please.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #6625
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

so i'm trying to read some full summaries of the case in order to make a better conclusion. now taking a little breather, a couple quick observations:

- zimmerman is the only one who seems to have a recorded pattern of violence on public record. to be fair it's relatively mundane. meanwhile, martin was never actually been charged with a crime if i understand correctly. some 'growing up' behavior at school, but nothing violent.

- reading the summary of the hannity interview zimmerman did with fox, something seems seriously fishy. almost like there were two trayvon martins. one of them told his family he was going out for a snack, was found with the snack on his person, and was on his cell phone talking to his friend as he (apparently) errantly made his way back home in the darkness and rain. it would appear, trying to lazily take a shortcut between houses back to his future stepmom's place, a place he apparently hadn't been staying at too long.

but according to the hannity interview, the other trayvon martin appeared to be casing the houses, then when he noticed zimmerman, almost stalking him, forcing him to roll up his car window at one point. then suddenly took off running.... from what? then seemingly waited for zimmerman to exit the car so he could come back and ambush him for no particular reason. with no -active- drugs in his system.

okay, well, i'll keep reading, but that all seems incredibly strange right at the moment......
gigantes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #6626
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23

STAND UP GUY. CLEARLY HE LOVED CHILDREN

Just stop with the pictures please.

MJForever is a troll. Don't even waste your time responding to that idiot.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #6627
MJ23forever

Quote:
zimmerman is the only one who seems to have a recorded pattern of violence

One was a case against him with regards to battery and was dropped, and the other, a restraining order which was a mutual one, he got one against his ex wife too.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #6628
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Unfortunately, the message of this verdict to teenagers is, if pursued, stand your ground. To them, Trayvon's biggest mistake in his life was not going for the kill. He used the other options that nature provides, run and hide and still he's dead. It creates a whole wild wild west type of atmosphere. This definitely creates a more dog eat dog world and just go for the opportunity that eliminates a threat to their life.

In a world that has people, like many here who will do the hard virtual stand up for a guy that has child molestation questions, violence with women questions, a notorious liar, these people are usually punkish or really weird in real time. On team Zimmerman here, I only think dude77 is a guy that seems like he stand up for himself, sobeit he's probably reading this with a sheet over his head while looking at the monitor. For some of the pro Zim group the hate for Trayvon is obvious to us, and most of us can see that its much deeper than Trayvon. People rarely hate on the dead that they don't know. For the far fewer just pro Zim people here, we can see some who have been picked on and needed a hero.

Zim doesn't have a strong make up. He bullied his younger family members, ethnic co-workers, ex-girlfriends, wife has a pending perjury charge due to him. He seems weak to me and his conscience will likely bother him as Oreo Cookies will balloon him to 400lbs. He will write a book and get money from a few people from this site I'm sure (which is why I think its important to sue him). If I shot an innocent boy it would work me over as well.

But the verdict means the outside world is going to get tougher and more ruthless unless the laws change and dumb liars given to stupid mistakes can somehow be slowed down. The internet thug punks will increase in numbers on youtube and basketball sites as a result. Nobody wins when the stupid are given guns.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #6629
qrich
King Heno

The message of this verdict is that evidence trumps emotion, which is the way our justice system is set up.

If you don't like it, feel free to move to Mexico where the accused have to prove their innocence. Or maybe you would prefer if everything was like Sona from Prison Break? No one wants to hear anymore of this bullshit about race being a part of this case, as it wasn't, except for the media and other so called human rights groups.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #6630
Raymone
The Chosen King

Lesson: don't assault strangers, regardless of how angry you are or how tough you want to look on the phone with a girl. You might be able to pin him down and slam his head on the concrete while he screams for help, but that stranger might just be armed.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: