Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #6616
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
that is the part i am so far unable to resolve.

i don't see any evidence or motives for a person returning home from a snack run, on the phone with a female friend, with no legal record of violence, to start a fist fight with a neighborhood watch person in a car.

i mean, his dad and his future stepmom were waiting at home for him, so it hardly seems the moment to start something nearby. and if he WAS a 'punk', he wasn't accompanied by his mates... which is sort of the usual necessary ingredient in pointless scrapes and violence.

it just doesn't add up.

So what is the alternative to Trayvon at some point attacking Zim? Zim inflict the injuries on himself?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #6617
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
what a steaming load of bullshit.

if you're going to suggest evidence, then suggest evidence. if your going to suggest motive, then be specific.

What you posted was bullshit, trying to find a deep process in what a 17 year old is thinking. He was probably disrespected. Maybe he wanted to act tough, tell his friends about it later. Something alot of HS kids do regardless of race, location, or anything else. Throwing a punch IS NOT a big deal for some people, might be for you, you might assume everybody who does has a record but shit just happens. Maybe he was scared, I don't know. Maybe he didn't throw the first punch.

It's not some logical choice that people go hmm is this the right time, why am I doing this in alot of cases. 17 year olds swing on eachother in front of teachers let alone if there parents are 3 blocks away.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #6618
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
So what is the alternative to Trayvon at some point attacking Zim? Zim inflict the injuries on himself?
i'm still trying to be flexible on this, but it sounds like zimmerman hounded / harassed / stalked martin in some fashion and martin finally had enough and turned on the dude. that scenerio at least makes sense. the hannity account is ludicrous.

i don't see any reason why zimmerman would decide to murder the boy at any point, and i have no problem with a man defending themselves by all means necessary. it's zimmerman's actions up until that point... different story.

manslaughter is a killing created by negligent actions as i understand it. this still looks like a tricky-to-prove manslaughter at this point, although i'm still trying to read up and reflect on all this.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #6619
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Why did the kid punch Zimmerman?? Very easy. From what i see in his facebook photos and other evidence supporting him to be a street person, he wouldn't respect a nobody neighborhood watch guy. Lots of people don't even respect real cops. Talk about a regular nobody coming up to you.

It's gotta be something like this:

Zimmerman: "hey there, let me talk to you" (not obeying cops order to take a back seat)
Martin: "Who are you? Get outta my face." (basically saying no)

After this, either 1) they get into a heated dispute and Martin just punched him in the face or 2) Zimmerman thinks he's tough stuff and decides to physically stop Martin and Martin punched him.

then it leads to more physical fighting between them and it ends up with Zimmerman shooting Martin.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #6620
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
What you posted was bullshit, trying to find a deep process in what a 17 year old is thinking. He was probably disrespected. Maybe he wanted to act tough, tell his friends about it later. Something alot of HS kids do regardless of race, location, or anything else. Throwing a punch IS NOT a big deal for some people, might be for you, you might assume everybody who does has a record but shit just happens. Maybe he was scared, I don't know. Maybe he didn't throw the first punch.

It's not some logical choice that people go hmm is this the right time, why am I doing this in alot of cases. 17 year olds swing on eachother in front of teachers let alone if there parents are 3 blocks away.
all you should work on is motive, probable cause, known facts, etc.

typecasting is worthless.

you try to create plausible scenerios based on what's reasonable for an individual. if the person in question has a history of completely erratic and random behavior then you try to take that in to account.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #6621
Jameerthefear
King of ISH

I think the reason it got big WAS the race thing, and also that there was no investigation involved. Which seemed fishy
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #6622
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
all you should work on is motive, probable cause, known facts, etc.

typecasting is worthless.

you try to create plausible scenerios based on what's reasonable for an individual. if the person in question has a history of completely erratic and random behavior then you try to take that in to account.

That's my point. It's 100% plausible and reasonable for some 17 year old kids to swing on somebody regardless of criminal record or a major motive. Did it happen? I won't pretend to know. Trying to breakdown the thought process of a inmature 17 year old by saying things like why would he start a fight when his parents were home down the street, or the moment wasn't "right"? is being incredibly naive and disconnected from the world.

I literally remember kids getting in fights in the classroom in HS. Over the most irrelevant things. Like I said I don't know what happened but a neighborhood watch guy watching what your doing? About all the motive a HS kid could need, kids have snaped for far less
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #6623
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
I think the reason it got big WAS the race thing, and also that there was no investigation involved. Which seemed fishy

I know its what you think. You don't have to say "i think." Buddy there was an investigation involved. This case will go through an appeals court. I'm sure there's investigation. There's no conspiracy here. It's a bad situation turned worst and deadly and the shooter turns up to be White Hispanic and the victim is Black. If it was black on black or white on white, this wouldn't even been talked about.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #6624
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
This case will go through an appeals court

what case ?

Quote:
If it was black on black or white on white, this wouldn't even been talked about.

or black on white ..

look at cordell jude, trevor dooley, roderick scott .. does anyone outside of here even know who those 3 are ?

Last edited by dude77 : 07-15-2013 at 08:24 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #6625
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
If it was black on black or white on white, this wouldn't even been talked about.
You're wrong.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #6626
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
That's my point. It's 100% plausible and reasonable for some 17 year old kids to swing on somebody regardless of criminal record or a major motive. Did it happen? I won't pretend to know. Trying to breakdown the thought process of a inmature 17 year old by saying things like why would he start a fight when his parents were home down the street, or the moment wasn't "right"? is being incredibly naive and disconnected from the world.

I literally remember kids getting in fights in the classroom in HS. Over the most irrelevant things. Like I said I don't know what happened but a neighborhood watch guy watching what your doing? About all the motive a HS kid could need, kids have snaped for far less
just more crap generalities. no, what i mentioned originally is what i think we actually know and what seems actually plausible... i'm trying to question or confirm parts of the story to construct reasonable scenerios.

you coming along and saying 'uh yea dude i knew some kids in school who... yadda yadda' is worthless to me. i don't give a shit about your HS rememberances. i have HS memories too, and i don't give a shit about them either.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #6627
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtcveaMUJSI
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #6628
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:
just more crap generalities. no, what i mentioned originally is what i think we actually know and what seems actually plausible... i'm trying to question or confirm parts of the story to construct reasonable scenerios.

you coming along and saying 'uh yea dude i knew some kids in school who... yadda yadda' is worthless to me. i don't give a shit about your HS rememberances. i have HS memories too, and i don't give a shit about them either.

Dude, your confirmation bias is what obviously colors your perspective. I'm sure everyone can attest to 16-18 year olds they knew back in the day as overly aggressive, prideful, (name your appropriate adjective) that wouldn't hesitate to start a fight over a something as trivial as being looked at the wrong way. If you can't even imagine that as a plausible scenario, you're either burying your head in the sand, or you grew up somewhere fairly isolated.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #6629
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
You're wrong.

How so?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #6630
gigantes
Tor Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82
Dude, your confirmation bias is what obviously colors your perspective. I'm sure everyone can attest to 16-18 year olds they knew back in the day as overly aggressive, prideful, (name your appropriate adjective) that wouldn't hesitate to start a fight over a something as trivial as being looked at the wrong way. If you can't even imagine that as a plausible scenario, you're either burying your head in the sand, or you grew up somewhere fairly isolated.
don't talk to me about confirmation bias.

"latinos are a little sketchy sometimes, they like to smoke ganja a lot, put fuzzy dice in their cars, they tend to listen to salsa..."

"white conservatives hate everyone who's not white, hate the middle class, hate unions, hate obama, hate government, love religion, want another war..."

"blacks like rap music, allen iverson, KFC, thuggery, bitches, gold chains, and they want to slit every white person's throat one day"

yea, you're right... generalities are a lot more useful than i thought.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: