Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #5866
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

They better convict this dude.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #5867
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Or maybe that they wanted to thoroughly go over every single piece of evidence.

They're saying that maybe it means the jury has reached a decision, but wants to sleep on it.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 07-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #5868
dude77
NBA lottery pick

I think it's a holdout or two .. or they're all already on onboard for not guilty but they don't wanna come back too soon so it looks like they didn't just shit on the trial with a quick verdict and it'll be more respected
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #5869
Raymone
The Chosen King

Juror #1 (white): not guilty
Juror #2 (white): not guilty
Juror #3 (white): not guilty
Juror #4 (white): not guilty
Juror #5 (white): not guilty
Juror #6 (not white): ehh guys I think he be guilty.. this paper hurr say he shot him and it 2nd degree murda!
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #5870
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- as a mixed race person I think we all need to stop looking at "Race" and view humans as 1 species

.....this thread has brought out alot of diversity ( but at least people can talk about thier feelings here).....

- on a positive note.......http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...car-BIKES.html

Young Men helping thier community against real EVIL......

Love hearing stuff like that. There is still hope for today's youth.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #5871
oh the horror
NBA Legend

You know, regardless about how you feel about the case, someone's baby was taken from them. Shot to death.

This is tragic all the way around. For Zimmerman's family too.

So the jokes, and general trolling I find to be truly classless.

I know it's easy to pretend like these aren't real people but some of you need to kick back with your BS.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #5872
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGreatDeraj
I'm all for gun rights and the right to be able to protect myself, my family and my property.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I'm for responsible people with good judgment having guns.
In what ways would you consider this irresponsible?

He was on neighborhood watch and did not want another break in to happen. Zimmerman saw, according the the 911 call as it was happening, that Martin was staring at all the houses and looking around. Then he ran away when he noticed Zimmerman after he noticed Zimmerman was looking at him.

That would be suspicious behavior, right? As the neighborhood watch he checked it out. If would be different if he left the neighborhood after him, but no it was just in his neighborhood. I don't think this is irresponsible behavior trying to keep a visual on the guy while the police are on there way.

If Martin was just going home, then how would Zimmerman find him after he ran away? Surely, Martin could have ran home before George caught up to him as he walked after him.

To me it is more likely due to the circumstance above the Martin approached George, but we do not know for sure. That is definitely a hole.

What the evidence points to next is Zimmerman zimmermans face and head injuries and the gunshot which shows Martin was leaning over when shot. This shows Zimmerman was on the ground. All these pieces of evidence point to Martin leaning over Zimmerman attacking.

Should he have waited until Martin beat him unconscious? You disagree using a gun to protect yourself from possible brain damage or death is irresponsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGreatDeraj
Even one punch can cause Death and brain injuries(Referee punched in face by teen dies)
Quote:
So we have the right to kill anyone at any moment and claim self defense since one punch can cause death?

No, I did not say that. I'm just stating that a single punch can do a lot of damage. Zimmerman did not shoot after a single punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
All evidence points to Zimmerman shooting Martin as he was leaning over him attacking zimmerman.
Quote:
How does Zim get the gun, and then bring it up and shoot TM in the heart?

I could see many situations, such as:

Also Vincent Maoi believes the evidence fits that scenario The defense witness who's a forensic pathologist, former medical examiner, gunshot expert, andwrote a book on gunshoot wounds

Quote:
Every American should have the right to protect themselves, even more so, because the government couldn't. He had already called the police, but they were still on the way.
Quote:
What's the connect here?

The connect is there wasn't really much Zimmerman could do. He had already called the police and they were on the way. What was he suppose to do let Martin keep attacking him until the police arrive? Be at the mercy of his attacker? No, he protected himself and stopped the attack.

Quote:
Imagine a policeman getting assaulted in the same exact manner as Zimmerman and uses his gun to kill to kill Martin.
Quote:
Are you saying this as the policeman is in plain clothes and that we are to take Zimmerman's story to be the absolute truth?

It was a hypothetical. If George's story were true and a policeman in uniform was being punched and head slammed into concrete would you be okay with a police officer shooting Martin?

How about a women?

Quote:
What's next, imagine Martin is Godzilla and attacked the entire town of Sanford?

Haha yea i was just using hypotheticals and playing to the emotions with those last questions. kinda like the prosecution

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Stand your ground is a terrible law and state should investigate it. There was never a stand your ground hearing in this case.

Precedent usually implies legal precedent and I don't see anything about the murder 2 or manslaughter law being changed by this case.

There's no evidence that Zimmerman was attacked. He didn't even take the stand to state that. It just that the state can't prove he wasn't.

No evidence? Maybe, you don't believe the evidence, but it is there. Zimmerman's injuries, gunshot wound was shot against the clothes, but 2-4 inches away from the body indicating the clothes were hanging and Martin leaning over above Zimmerman, etc

I though stand your ground was the term for it, but I guess I just mean self-defense laws in general.

My thought was that a lot of people agree and disagree will disagree with this ruling and it could have an effect on state level laws.

Last edited by TheGreatDeraj : 07-12-2013 at 07:41 PM.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #5873
dude77
NBA lottery pick

anybody see the feature on the black chick on gz's defense team ? .. very nice
Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #5874
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
anybody see the feature on the black chick on gz's defense team ? .. very nice

2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #5875
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers

yess .. she looks really good in motion .. sexy
Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #5876
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

O'mara's wife (the blonde at the bottom) isn't bad either.

2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #5877
branslowski
Xanny, Molly, n Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Juror #1 (white): not guilty
Juror #2 (white): not guilty
Juror #3 (white): not guilty
Juror #4 (white): not guilty
Juror #5 (white): not guilty
Juror #6 (not white): ehh guys I think he be guilty.. this paper hurr say he shot him and it 2nd degree murda!

branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #5878
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Also Vincent Maoi believes the evidence fits that scenario The defense witness who's a forensic pathologist, former medical examiner, gunshot expert, andwrote a book on gunshoot wounds

Mr. Di Maio may have been a top forensics expert back in the day but now he's nothing more than a paid shill, a mercenary who gets paid $400 per hour to tell juries whatever the defense wants to hear.

Case-in-point, the Phil Spector case:
PHIL 'SHILL' RIPS SLAIN 'OLD' GAL

The star medical defense expert in the Phil Spector murder trial took a vicious swipe at the victim yesterday, claiming the statuesque, blond B-movie actress killed herself because she was pushing 40 and well past her Hollywood prime.

"She was an actress and 40 years old and unskilled, I'm sorry, that's sexist, but it's the truth," retired medical examiner Vincent Di Maio testified. "She was at the end of her rope and couldn't function."

He said out-of-work Lana Clarkson put Spector's Colt Cobra in her mouth and pulled the trigger in the music mogul's mansion Feb. 3, 2003.

"She had financial problems. She was afraid of being evicted," he said of the nightclub hostess.

Under cross-examination, Di Maio admitted he is charging Spector $400 an hour and has racked up a bill of $26,400, so far.

He said Clarkson was drunk at the time of death and had painkillers on her. The prosecution says she spurned Spector's advances, and, furious, he shot her.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...kL2D9ULVQzyUaJ
No one in their right mind believes that was a suicide and Spector right now is where George should also be. So either Di Maio is a certified hack or, more likely, just a biased paid canary since he went into 'private consulting'.

His whole Trayvon was leaning over Zim argument is based on the displacement issue, which could've easily been accomplished (more fittingly with the evidence) if Zim had been grabbing/pulling Trayvon's shirt at the time he fired.

Something like this

The prosecution came extra weak with this point IMO.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #5879
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
His whole Trayvon was leaning over Zim argument is based on the displacement issue, which could've easily been accomplished (more fittingly with the evidence) if Zim had been grabbing/pulling Trayvon's shirt at the time he fired

in the words of O'Mara .. really ? lol
Old 07-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #5880
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
in the words of O'Mara .. really ? lol

Yup. Gravity, aided by the iced tea in his front pocket (which would've been resting on George's pot belly) is the cause of the displacement between the bullet holes in the sweater & hoodie and the entry wound supposedly.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: