Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Barbosa to Pacers

nice move by the pacers
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
Craptors
I airball my layups

Craptors has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline deal: Raptors trade Leandro Barbosa to Pacers

Lottery here we come
Craptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #33
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

funny thing is id put money down on Barbosa being back in toronto by next season
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
HurricaneKid
Decent college freshman

HurricaneKid has an OK reputation so far

Nonsensical for the Pacers. Barbosa isn't going to contribute much if at all. They didn't give anything up but its still several M$$$ for not much if any lift.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raptors are under the salary floor now? They didn't amnesty anyone right?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #36
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Barbosa is pretty much just like George Hill. I suppose Barbosa is an upgrade over AJ Price but I'm not sure how Barbosa has been ever since he left Phoenix. It's not a bad deal for Indiana since it was just a 2nd rounder for him. I don't think this puts them up for contention though.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #37
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Barbosa can still score. He can shoot, drive, has a floater, but that's about it. He is not a passer, his mindset is to score. He plays chancy defense; will go for the steals and surprise you with a block from time to time. Can still fill the 6th man role very nicely...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Nice move by the Pacers. They have several good pieces, but still no superstar or a closer.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #39
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

First of all, his contract is expiring.

Second, this guy is great. He's a scorer, not a bad defender, decent enough passer. He can shoot and he gets to the rim. Like George Hill, a combo style player. He needed to be traded because Toronto isn't any good and he's too valuable a piece for good teams. And Indiana is way way way under the cap anyway.

AJ Price is now the 3rd guard off the bench. Maybe worth a trade from someone else.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #40
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Barbosa to Pacers

my knicks might be screwed now :/
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #41
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Nice move by the Pacers. They have several good pieces, but still no superstar or a closer.

But still in position to acquire a big time player in the off-season. Great example of why you don't blow money just because you have it to blow.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Charlie Villanueva -> TJ Ford -> Jermaine O'neal -> Shawn Marion -> Hedo Turkoglu -> Leandro Barbosa -> Nothing
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
Primary
I airball my layups

Primary has an OK reputation so far

hopefully this means i don't have to watch Dahntay Jones play anymore
Primary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #44
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Charlie Villanueva -> TJ Ford -> Jermaine O'neal -> Shawn Marion -> Hedo Turkoglu -> Leandro Barbosa -> Nothing

(Not that I think that whole progression of the trade means anything but I'll take any opportunity to rip into the man who has run the Raptors into the ground.)

I'm glad Barbosa is gone though. He's not a good player anymore but sometimes he scored the Raptors back into games which was frustrating when the team should be tanking. He had no future in Toronto and was a waste of space and shot attempts.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #45
T.O.RapsJays
Go Jays/Raptors!!

T.O.RapsJays has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

(Not that I think that whole progression of the trade means anything but I'll take any opportunity to rip into the man who has run the Raptors into the ground.)

I'm glad Barbosa is gone though. He's not a good player anymore but sometimes he scored the Raptors back into games which was frustrating when the team should be tanking. He had no future in Toronto and was a waste of space and shot attempts.
This. While I don't particularly care much for this deal it was painful to see Barbosa there every night chucking us into the game, this move (while very little return) will help us tank even more for the lottery.
T.O.RapsJays is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: