Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I've only been playing on normal and I think the farthest I've made it to is the 4th system. At some point I jump into too many systems with solar flares or I can never find more crewmembers or I keep getting boarded. I'm still trynig to figure out what strategies are the best but having at least 4 crewmembers seems essential.
    I've been sticking to easy so I can unlock more ships, I've unlocked 4 so far, and have beaten the game with the Stealth and Zoltan cruiser. I find by the time you get to sector 8, you'll need to have a teleporter, maxed shields, some weapon combination to get past a 4 level shield, and probably a drone control with a defensive turret. Also having some crew members with maxed stats for whatever station they're manning helps.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 01-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.

I know I'm about a year late, but as mentioned in my post above I just got my console and I think I'm officially addicted to Skyrim. I found the Skyrim thread on page two in this forum and just reading through it I see that I've overlooked a bunch of stuff when it already feels like I've put so much time into it

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Fallout 3, for the very first time. The sound is incredible. The effects. Gunshots, Damage, everything. I haven't had this much fun playing through anything in a while. At the time it was released, I remember a lot of negative feedback towards VATS, but it works for me. I like it. The layering of turn based mechanics onto an action rpg, it's right in my wheelhouse.

Also, The Salt Factory. 100%. I've been working on this for almost a year. Hardest game I can think of at the moment.

NBA lottery pick

Just picked up Devil Survivor Overclocked for my 3ds the other day. Really starting to get into the Shin Megami Tensei series, it's almost like a more mature pokemon. Also kinda surprising to see most of the dialog is voiced, Atlus always seems to do a good job localizing their games.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Played r.u.s.e mp. Very interesting game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    I've been sticking to easy so I can unlock more ships, I've unlocked 4 so far, and have beaten the game with the Stealth and Zoltan cruiser. I find by the time you get to sector 8, you'll need to have a teleporter, maxed shields, some weapon combination to get past a 4 level shield, and probably a drone control with a defensive turret. Also having some crew members with maxed stats for whatever station they're manning helps.
    I had to switch to easy. Made it to the final fight with the rebel flagship twice now and lost both times in the 2nd "phase". I couldn't disable their drone control quickly enough and got swarmed.

One of the best things you can buy from a store is that upgrade for 120 scrap that arms your weapons right away whenever you enter a system. Having a first shot with a bomb and missile is huge.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Just picked up Devil Survivor Overclocked for my 3ds the other day. Really starting to get into the Shin Megami Tensei series, it's almost like a more mature pokemon. Also kinda surprising to see most of the dialog is voiced, Atlus always seems to do a good job localizing their games.
    Ahh shin megami. So many memories

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Fallout 3, for the very first time. The sound is incredible. The effects. Gunshots, Damage, everything. I haven't had this much fun playing through anything in a while. At the time it was released, I remember a lot of negative feedback towards VATS, but it works for me. I like it. The layering of turn based mechanics onto an action rpg, it's right in my wheelhouse.

Also, The Salt Factory. 100%. I've been working on this for almost a year. Hardest game I can think of at the moment.
    That game was awesome. The mission where you are like a kid (its been a long time since playing) and its black and white is amazing.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

OK, I promised I'd have some Saints Row 2 pics up a few months ago and totally forgot about em. Anyway, here's my "Boss" character, based on Late 90s MJ (the 1st pic, from early 00s, is just a reference photo):

http://www.bethblog.com/gate.php?ref...wnguard-too%2F

If everything falls where they need to be, February 2013 is gonna be the best month of my life. Reading the article makes me squeal like a little girl who got her pony for Christmas.

"Oh baby! Ha-haa! Oh mah gash." - Chris Smoove

NBA lottery pick

Just beat Antichamber, trippy game. First-person puzzle game, they do some real crazy stuff with the environments.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

SOE is doing good things with Planetside2 and DC Universe Online. They've positioned themselves well ahead of everyone else in the f2p market.

NBA lottery pick

Just starting playing Ghost Trick for the DS. This game is awesome, I can definitely see why people like it so much.

edit: Alright just finished it, and that had to be one of the best DS games I've played. I cannot recommend it enough.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 02-15-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Bought Bioshock in advance of getting Infinite so I could play it on the PS3 and a) see it in all of it's glory since my HP Laptop is weak and b) get used to the control layouts on the controller.

I got NHL 13 and it's difficulty mixed with me being terrible isn't going so well. I can get 30+ shots on goal to the computer's 15 and still lose 4-1