Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Who Do You Take #1? Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, or Harrison Barnes?

a player like Andre Drummond's size, length and mobility comes around every 5 or 6 years

that being said Drummond is not ready to play in the NBA, he doesn't even get solid PT or production for UCONN. While he as the potential of being an impact player in the league, only his athleticism is can be considered NBA ready. He has yet to develop any part of his game (maybe shotblocking, rebounding but still not consistent enough) to a level passable in the NBA.

Anthony Davis is the best shotblocker i've seen in many MANY years in college

he has a skill set that goes largely unused because of his role in Calipari's offense but he can put the ball on the floor and he has solid range for a 4 at his age.

he has abilities that can be used in the NBA RIGHT NOW, and he is the same age as Drummond and probably weighs 50 lbs less lol. Get some meat on this dude and he will be a star in the league

Banned

Default Re: Who Do You Take #1? Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, or Harrison Barnes?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    What's so good about Andre Drummond? He never shows up whenever I watch uconn.
    i feel like Calhoun is keeping a leash on him so that he'd want to stay back a year lol

smart and sleazy move by Calhoun as always if so

those saying Barnes is a top 5 pick, not a chance

the only knocks on his game are that he is not aggressive enough getting to the rim. he has the shot. he has shown he plays defense. he has all the skills but NBA GM's are looking for stars in this draft and Barnes is a second option type player if you ask me

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Anthony Davis, to me, is clearly a level above everyone else. There have been reports that NBA GMs feel the same way and that's he the consensus #1 guy at this point. Even Bryan Colangelo was asked about the draft in a radio interview here and he alluded to the fact that there is an obvious #1 guy right now. He didn't give a name but I think it's obvious. Also, I don't see any lottery team taking anyone else at #1. Even teams that have something decent at PF will take Davis and figure things out later. I don't see any argument against picking Davis first.

As a Raptors fan, if they get the #1 pick then absolutely I hope they take Davis and "figure things out later". Having both Davis and Valanciunas coming into the league at the same time and likely hitting their primes at the same time would be perfect. That's the kind of PF/C combo you can build around.

I like Barnes and depending on team need, I wouldn't hesitate to take him at #2. But it really depends as I don't think he's separated himself enough from the other players to be a clear #2 guy. I don't think much of Drummond but he'll get picked top 5 regardless simply based on his size and potential. I just hope the Raptors aren't a team that has to make a decision on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    those saying Barnes is a top 5 pick, not a chance

the only knocks on his game are that he is not aggressive enough getting to the rim. he has the shot. he has shown he plays defense. he has all the skills but NBA GM's are looking for stars in this draft and Barnes is a second option type player if you ask me
    So what three other players do you see going ahead of Barnes in this class if he's not a Top 5?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    So what three other players do you see going ahead of Barnes in this class if he's not a Top 5?
    let me clarify

not that he is NOT WORTHY of a top 5 pick, just that he wont be taken top 5

Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, MKG etc., those guys are "sexy picks" for GM's and its highly likely someone will take a chance on them before Barnes

none of those players are better than Barnes RIGHT NOW, but we all know GMs will be thinking about 10 years from now

i strongly believe the tourney will decide how high Barnes gets picked

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Thomas robinson, jeremy lamb, MHK, sullinger

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Anthony Davis reminds me of Eddie Griffin without the baggage. And people are so high on MKG, however I'm not sure he is better than someone like Kawhi Leonard. is he really a top 5 pick???
    MKG is going to be a bust

fwiw draft express released its updated top 100 prospect rankings. draft express are the best draft outlet imo, and are very highly respected

davis
    drummond
    MKG
    robinson
    sullinger
    barnes
    perry jones
    henson
    zeller
    beal

that is their top 10

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/

I'd be really wary of Perry Jones, he seems to have no basketball skills to speak of despite being a great athlete. Sort of the opposite side of the coin from Jared Sullinger.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I'd be really wary of Perry Jones, he seems to have no basketball skills to speak of despite being a great athlete. Sort of the opposite side of the coin from Jared Sullinger.
    totally agree. the basketball world has been waiting for two years for him to put it together and hes made little to no progress

even in high school, he didnt dominate. i cant remember the exact number, but he averaged under 20 ppg, for a guy with his talent, and playing in texas, this is a red flag.

hes never produced at any level. maybe the switch will flip in his head, and he'll figure it out, because he has immense talent, but more often than not, guys who come into the league lacking aggressiveness, and motor, dont improve these things in their time in the league.

really high bust potential.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I see Perry Jones as an Andray Blatche. A big man who can score but not in an efficient manner and doesn't do anything else well. I want the Raptors to stay far away from him in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    let me clarify

not that he is NOT WORTHY of a top 5 pick, just that he wont be taken top 5

Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, MKG etc., those guys are "sexy picks" for GM's and its highly likely someone will take a chance on them before Barnes

none of those players are better than Barnes RIGHT NOW, but we all know GMs will be thinking about 10 years from now

i strongly believe the tourney will decide how high Barnes gets picked

OK, just seems like you're all over the place.

First, there's not a chance that he's a Top 5 pick.

Then, he might be worthy of a Top 5 pick, but he won't get picked that high.

Then the tourney is going to determine his spot.

I'm not a fan of Barnes, he seems way too passive.

Davis will be an impact player from the start and Drummond will be a project as a work in progress. If he develops right, I see him as an Amare 2.0. or poor man Chandler. Davis gotta shave that unibrow though...also I'm curious to see how Shabazz Muhammad does next year or what school he's going to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Anthony Davis reminds me of Eddie Griffin without the baggage. And people are so high on MKG, however I'm not sure he is better than someone like Kawhi Leonard. is he really a top 5 pick???
    Eddie Griffin?