Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Resident Evil 6 Announced.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...announced.aspx

Announced for this coming November. There's a trailer in there. Doesn't seem to show much in the way of gameplay, but my initial impression is that the atmosphere already seems preferable to the last one.

Quote:
Capcom today confirmed Resident Evil 6 is in development and is coming this November.

The game is arriving on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 20, 2012. A PC version is coming at a later date. Capcom describes the game as a "blending action and survival horror" and is "the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year."

Resident Evil 6 will follow Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield who will be "joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale."

Here's a synopsis of the game's plot:

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision.

At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

“Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series,” commented Katsuhiko Ichii, Head of R&D and Global Marketing. “The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values.

"We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world.”

Resident Evil 6 is also getting numerous retail pre-order bonuses. GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon.com will each get an exclusive map that will function with various modes in the game. Additional details will be revealed at a later date.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Resident Evil 6 Announced.

100% purchase for me. I've completed RE 1-5 and Code Veronica. Didn't have the Game Cube to play RE 0.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
100% purchase for me. I've completed RE 1-5 and Code Veronica. Didn't have the Game Cube to play RE 0.

Likewise. I was mildly disappointed by 5, but it wasn't as if it wasn't a good game. And it wasn't like I didn't play the hell out of it and beat it a half dozen times and upgrade everything. So I completely agree that this is a 100% buy.

The upcoming tactical shooter RE I have more questions about.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll be getting it. Got the last one, which I liked.

I never really played the first resident evil games, but played 4 on the wii. That game was good, perfect controls.
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Will get. I've only played through 4 and dabbled a bit of 5.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Resident Evil 6 or Gears Of War 4?

lol, I hate what they did to the game... added way too many crap...
turned it into a fantasy game.. smh..

BTW, WHAT HAPPENED TO JILL??
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Likewise. I was mildly disappointed by 5, but it wasn't as if it wasn't a good game. And it wasn't like I didn't play the hell out of it and beat it a half dozen times and upgrade everything. So I completely agree that this is a 100% buy.

The upcoming tactical shooter RE I have more questions about.

I was also disappointed with RE5..... it just didn't have the atmosphere of the first set of games, and it seemed kinda dumbed down to just a shooter.

Definitely getting 6 the day it comes out
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I was also disappointed with RE5..... it just didn't have the atmosphere of the first set of games, and it seemed kinda dumbed down to just a shooter.

Definitely getting 6 the day it comes out

I thought RE5 was terrible. No atmosphere, no tension and no scaryness what so ever. I remember when Resi used to be a survival horror not an action horror.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

heard there will be 6 player co-op... wuddafuk?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Loved RE4 but hated RE5. Hope this game goes back to its roots.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That trailer has me hype about this game. I'm liking the look of the gameplay. Looks way more action based than the previous titles. I haven't played a RE game since RE2, but this one is a pre-order buy for me. Looks like I need to catch up on the story line online.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Cant ****ing wait, been playing RE4 in HD to have me busy until then, thinking about getting revelation's before this one come's out.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Cant ****ing wait, been playing RE4 in HD to have me busy until then, thinking about getting revelation's before this one come's out.
Revelations is the shit.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

probably gonna hafta get on revelations. the demo was quality.

definitely worth it huh?
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
probably gonna hafta get on revelations. the demo was quality.

definitely worth it huh?
Yes, it's very good. It's broken out into chapters that play like TV episodes. You have the main story, and then it goes to a side story (something that happened prior), then back to the main story. When you go back, it says "LAST TIME ON RESIDENT EVIL" and shows you highlights. The control is fine (without the circle pad thingee), the atmosphere and such is great (its so loud and the music and sound affects kick ass). there are sounds in the background and later on you'll find out what it is.

It's a very good game, possibly the best game so far on the 3DS and this is coming from someone who thought the Zelda game and Mario were awesome.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: