Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Projecting Olympic Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Greece's 16 man preliminary roster:

PG Vassilis Spanoulis/Nick Calathes/Kostas Sloukas
SG Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis/Vangelis Mantzaris
SF Georgios Printezis/Kostas Papanikolaou/Michailis Bramos
PF Antonis Fotsis/Kostas Kaimakoglou/Vassilis Kavvadas
C Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Dimitrios Mavroeidis/Zisis Sarikopoulos

Nick Calathes isn't sure to be on the team, as he wants to play for Dallas next season, and they won't let him play if he does (Cuban and his crap again).
Looks like a lock for a medal.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Really?

Yes. He said something like, "sorry, but I can no longer play for the national team again. My girlfriend forbids it and says that I need my summers off so that we can take vacations together."

Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Borat_Sagdyev
Rytas 4ever

Borat_Sagdyev has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Lithuania:
Tomas Delininkaitis, Deividas Dulkys, Paulius Jankunas, Simas Jasaitis, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Robertas Javtokas, Adas Juskevicius, Mantas Kalnietis, Rimantas Kaukenas, Antanas Kavaliauskas, Linas Kleiza, Tadas Klimavicius, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Jonas Maciulis, Donatas Motiejunas, Martynas Pocius, Renaldas Seibutis, Darius Songaila, Jonas Valanciunas.

Lithuania's final roster is always unpredictable. Keliza, Jasikevicius, Kalnietis, Valanciunas, Pocius, Kaukenas, Javtokas, Jankunas, and Jasaitis (probably Maciulis too if he's healthy) are locks I would venture to say.
I think questionable are only two places
PG Kalnietis, Jasikevicius
SG Kaukenas, Pocius, Seibutis-Delinininkaitis-Dulkys
SF Jasaitis, Maciulis
PF Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas-Songaila
C Valanciunas, Javtokas
Most likely in final roster will go Delininkaitis and Songaila
Borat_Sagdyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #19
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes. He said something like, "sorry, but I can no longer play for the national team again. My girlfriend forbids it and says that I need my summers off so that we can take vacations together."

Is he a friend of Fran Vázquez?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #20
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

How is Seibutis playing these days?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Is he a friend of Fran Vázquez?

Sounds like their girlfriends would get a long well with each other.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat_Sagdyev
I think questionable are only two places
PG Kalnietis, Jasikevicius
SG Kaukenas, Pocius, Seibutis-Delinininkaitis-Dulkys
SF Jasaitis, Maciulis
PF Kleiza, Jankunas, Motiejunas-Songaila
C Valanciunas, Javtokas
Most likely in final roster will go Delininkaitis and Songaila

Why do they not select Gecevicius? I think he is better than Pocius, Seibutis, and Delinininkaitis. At least, for sure he is better than Delinininkaitis and also Jasaitis.

And Songaila seemed over the hill when he was with Galatasaray. They really should hope Motiejunas plays.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #23
Borat_Sagdyev
Rytas 4ever

Borat_Sagdyev has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
How is Seibutis playing these days?
Really good, but yesterday he might broke his cheek-bone in 4 places and out from team.
Quote:
Why do they not select Gecevicius? I think he is better than Pocius, Seibutis, and Delinininkaitis. At least, for sure he is better than Delinininkaitis and also Jasaitis.

And Songaila seemed over the hill when he was with Galatasaray. They really should hope Motiejunas plays.
Gecevicius can't defend, can't run, he's weak physically and mentally. He can only shoot and play p&r.
Motiejunas have huge ego.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...ie-to-the-mix/
Borat_Sagdyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat_Sagdyev
Gecevicius can't defend, can't run, he's weak physically and mentally. He can only shoot and play p&r.
Motiejunas have huge ego.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...ie-to-the-mix/

Yet, he's still better for sure than players like Jasaitis and Delinininkaitis.

Motiejunas is an a-hole. He always has been. But Songaila is washed up.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #25
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

I know Serbia wont play in Olympics but I didnt want to make a thread aboute Eurobasket qualification so I will write it here . Ivkovic said that he will tell the list of players that will play for NT and will look to bring some young and new players ( we are going to be first in group anyway so why not allow some players to rest ) .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #26
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
I know Serbia wont play in Olympics but I didnt want to make a thread aboute Eurobasket qualification so I will write it here . Ivkovic said that he will tell the list of players that will play for NT and will look to bring some young and new players ( we are going to be first in group anyway so why not allow some players to rest ) .

Serbia does need to bring in new players. They were bad last summer.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #27
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Serbia does need to bring in new players. They were bad last summer.
We were bad becouse of injures , we will win new medal next year .
Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #28
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
We were bad becouse of injures , we will win new medal next year .

No. Ivkovic needs to select better players to win a medal.

Paunic, Tepic, etc. It's not good enough.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
No. Ivkovic needs to select better players to win a medal.

Paunic, Tepic, etc. It's not good enough.
same players ( who are still jung and improving ) won silver in 2009 and would have won gold or silver in 2010 if reffs didnt give the win to Turkey . Paunic plays 5 mpg so he isnt that important and Tepic is only player that doesnt play good enough for medal contender others always play much better for NT than for their clubs .
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
same players ( who are still jung and improving ) won silver in 2009 and would have won gold or silver in 2010 if reffs didnt give the win to Turkey . Paunic plays 5 mpg so he isnt that important and Tepic is only player that doesnt play good enough for medal contender others always play much better for NT than for their clubs .

IMO Ivkovic needs to select better players. Serbia kind of surprised people those first couple years when they were young. Everyone knows about them and how to play them now.

Serbia needs some more scorers and Teodosic needs help at PG. I don't see any medal next year without them selecting some better players.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: