Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #16
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
who wins and why?

im gonna say Spurs in a very close game. Spurs have more to prove at home and Dallas just played a very physical game.

Spurs 91 Mavs 88 but wouldnt be surprised if Dallas pulls it out.

I'm going to say Mavs in a close game (as usual). Spurs look schizophrenic right now and Pop looks like he's searching for some kind of line-up beyond his starting line-up.

This will be a game where the bench for both teams will have to step up and contribute. And, right now, I trust Dallas more to finish out a close game. Spurs have been giving away the close ones lately.

Last edited by BballFan422 : 01-05-2007 at 11:15 AM.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #17
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

I think the mavs win. My friend is a spurs fan and believes the mavs are just a better team than the spurs right now. I agree.

Plus, elson is going to be out so their defense isnt going to be as good.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller

TiMavericks21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Ti, saying Terry had a poor outing last night is being kind. He was horrible on both ends of the floor. The good thing about that is that Avery realized it and pulled him. Which should leave him with fresher legs for tonight. Hopefully he doesn't try to force it and take bad shots. Dirk left the court a couple of times last night during the game. Makes me wonder if he's still not quite right. But you can bet he'll be out there ready to go. I think he'll have a good game. If he's not on with his shot, he'll look to hit the boards and pass. And with the way Josh is playing, that's not a bad thing. We'll need some help from the bench. George has been playing nice on both ends of the court lately. But it would be nice to get something from Buck or Stack.

Defensively, he was weak and deserved to get pulled for that performance. However, the commentators were speaking like he had an atrocious shooting night, which he didn't, he didn't take many shots. He was 0-4 FG, which constitutes a poor game for him because his head obviously wasn't in the game. Great move by Avery to recognize this. I'm pretty excited about the way Devean George has been playing. His shot has been "money in the bank" and his defense and rebounding have been superb. I agree, I'm still not sold on Buckner, but Stack looked good while he was in last night, Avery was just resting his ankle so he doesn't further that injury. Don't get me wrong, I love Stack, but it's important that they have him healthy and energized come playoff time that making MAJOR contributions during the regular season. His ability to post up smalling SG's in invaluable and when the time comes he'll be ready. Lastly, what's the deal with these Anthony Johnson trade rumors. I don't really understand when a team is playing extremely well, why make a trade. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's probably just speculation, but I don't know if I like tinkering with their rotation right now. One of the reasons they acquired him was for playoff experience, so no need to make any transactions at the moment. Big game tonight, let's get that W.
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #19
Suns#1
I hit open layups

Suns#1 has an OK reputation so far

you know something is wrong with the spurs when Bonner is taking the game winning shot(AND MISSING IT).
Suns#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #20
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMavericks21
Defensively, he was weak and deserved to get pulled for that performance. However, the commentators were speaking like he had an atrocious shooting night, which he didn't, he didn't take many shots. He was 0-4 FG, which constitutes a poor game for him because his head obviously wasn't in the game. Great move by Avery to recognize this. I'm pretty excited about the way Devean George has been playing. His shot has been "money in the bank" and his defense and rebounding have been superb. I agree, I'm still not sold on Buckner, but Stack looked good while he was in last night, Avery was just resting his ankle so he doesn't further that injury. Don't get me wrong, I love Stack, but it's important that they have him healthy and energized come playoff time that making MAJOR contributions during the regular season. His ability to post up smalling SG's in invaluable and when the time comes he'll be ready. Lastly, what's the deal with these Anthony Johnson trade rumors. I don't really understand when a team is playing extremely well, why make a trade. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's probably just speculation, but I don't know if I like tinkering with their rotation right now. One of the reasons they acquired him was for playoff experience, so no need to make any transactions at the moment. Big game tonight, let's get that W.

I agree with you on Stack. I'm in the camp that likes what he does. I should've clarified that by saying we need more from Stack, I meant we could use the offense we weren't getting while he was out. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see his time really monitored over the course of the season.

I don't know where the AJ stuff started. While I haven't cared much for the way the offense comes to a halt when he is in. I do think his defense has been ok. I'm a little disappointed in his play to date. But do they really think Barea is ready to take that 3rd pg role? I sure hope not.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ........

Quote:
Dirk left the court a couple of times last night during the game. Makes me wonder if he's still not quite right

he is still suffering from his sinus infection according to the AP game recap.

Dirk Nowitzki, still bothered by sinus problems that forced him to miss a game Sunday, had 20 points in 36 minutes.

Last edited by kentatm : 01-05-2007 at 01:05 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #22
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Dirk looked okay to me last night. That reverse layup showed me he wasn't favoring his ankle.

I make no predictions about Spurs Mavs games. Home court means nothing, they go down to the wire, and even if one team is struggling (Spurs) and the other is hot (Mavs) history has proven that come tipoff time it means zilch.

But I'm riding with Dallas in this one. No final score predictions though I say if the Spurs hit the century mark Dallas loses this game. Spurs score a 100 means Dallas wasn't in it defensively and unable to body up from last night's contest. That's my speculation.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller

TiMavericks21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I agree with you on Stack. I'm in the camp that likes what he does. I should've clarified that by saying we need more from Stack, I meant we could use the offense we weren't getting while he was out. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see his time really monitored over the course of the season.

I don't know where the AJ stuff started. While I haven't cared much for the way the offense comes to a halt when he is in. I do think his defense has been ok. I'm a little disappointed in his play to date. But do they really think Barea is ready to take that 3rd pg role? I sure hope not.

I agree, say Devin goes down (knock on wood), then we automatically have to move Jet to the 1, and then whose the backup, certainly not JJ. Why would they take such a risk to achieve so little. I really do not see any player that we may acquire as having an immediate impact, being that we really aren't weak at any spot. I agree his offense has been suspect, but his defense has been fine by me, so I'm not an advocate of moving him right now.

How bout that Devin Harris layup last night, I looked at it in slow motion, what a shot?
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #24
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Anyone have a pool on who J.Terry will punch in the balls this time?
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #25
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

I'll go with Beno in that pool.

What's the over\under on the number of times Timmy will throw his palms up and look at the ref?
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #26
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'll go with Beno in that pool.

What's the over\under on the number of times Timmy will throw his palms up and look at the ref?

Over\under on Manu flops?
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #27
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

bump
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #28
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi

Over\under on Manu flops?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #29
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

1 hour till tip-off

Lets Go Mavs!
:
Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #30
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I am taking the over on Manu flops but the under on Timmie D's Ref stare (due to rule changes). I think the J.Terry Ball punch goes to Horry though. Give Horry in the pool please.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: