Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why don't people use stats per 36 minutes more often?

It seems like it might be a better stat to use than per game because it adjusts the minutes played rather than games played.

e.g. if one player is usually a top 5 scorer in the league and typically averages about 27 ppg but then in one game he has to leave the game in the 1st quarter due to an injury. That injury would really mess with his averages for per game statistics wouldn't it That isn't the case with per 36 minutes though and I think it should be used more often.

Default Re: Why don't people use stats per 36 minutes more often?

If i get head from this fine b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch at my job, i'm not going to count the number of times she sucked every 36 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    If i get head from this fine b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch at my job, i'm not going to count the number of times she sucked every 36 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    It seems like it might be a better stat to use than per game because it adjusts the minutes played rather than games played.

e.g. if one player is usually a top 5 scorer in the league and typically averages about 27 ppg but then in one game he has to leave the game in the 1st quarter due to an injury. That injury would really mess with his averages for per game statistics wouldn't it That isn't the case with per 36 minutes though and I think it should be used more often.
    Because playersget tired stupid RG.

You cant go per 36 for a player who plays 10 minutes a game. He is fresh, he does his job and then goes the *** out. If Wade, Kobe or Lebron had to play only 10 minutes a game they would average 50 ppg per 36.

Banned

I like using the 36 mins per stat. It's not a good one to use when comparing players playing 10 mpg and players playing 36 or so mpg but other wise it's good. Dwayne Wade 2010 stats: 25.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 4.6 apg vs Kobe's 25.3ppg, 5.1rpg,4.7apg. However Wade played 37.2mpg while Kobe only played 33.9mpg. Now let's look at the per 36 min stats.

Wade: 24.7ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.4apg vs. Kobe's 26.9ppg, 5.4rpg and 5 apg.

Mad Wade fans? MPG=only reason wade ever came close to Kobe's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    I like using the 36 mins per stat. It's not a good one to use when comparing players playing 10 mpg and players playing 36 or so mpg but other wise it's good. Dwayne Wade 2010 stats: 25.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 4.6 apg vs Kobe's 25.3ppg, 5.1rpg,4.7apg. However Wade played 37.2mpg while Kobe only played 33.9mpg. Now let's look at the per 36 min stats.

Wade: 24.7ppg, 6.2rpg, 4.4apg vs. Kobe's 26.9ppg, 5.4rpg and 5 apg.

Mad Wade fans? MPG=only reason wade ever came close to Kobe's numbers.
    You forgot to look at FGA, dumbnuts.

All the stats show is Wade is less selfish and shares the ball with LeBron James and other people more. Kobe is a ballhog that shotjacks.
    Last edited by ThatsGame; 01-09-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame

All the stats show is Wade is less selfish and shares the ball with LeBron James and other people more. Kobe is a ballhog that shotjacks.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Kobe - Top 10 Player of All Time

Love Dwyane but he can't compare to Kobe's Greatness

Banned

LOL moron then how come Kobe averages more assists per 36 than KObe if he passes more? If Kobe had Lebron to pass to he'd be getting 10+apg LOL!

plus Wade shot 19.5FGA per 36 minutes vs Kobe's 21.2...WOW basically 1 more shot per game and as far as FTA's go Wade: 8.3 vs Kobe's 7.6. Wade get's more FTA than Kobe with less FGA's...Anyone hear the voice in the sky saying D-whistle?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Why would I be mad that someone misinterprets stat sheets?

If anything just look at PER, that should be easy enough for those that can't analyze. Wades PER last year was 25.6, Kobe's was 23.9.

Banned

Why would I be mad that someone misinterprets stat sheets?

If anything just look at PER, that should be easy enough for those that can't analyze. Wades PER last year was 25.6, Kobe's was 23.9.
    PER is stupid cause it's a sum of EVERY stat meaning if u don't get much of something then ur screwed. Kobe's style of defense isn't weak side help blocking shots OR steals. Bowen, Battier,Sefelosha, etc will vouch u don't needa have high steals or rpg. Whats sad is 32 year, 15 year pro KB was >29 year old and only 8 season played D-Whistle! Even sadder is that it's the same story this year, just add 1 more year LOL!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Kenneth Faried is best defensive player in the league!

15.2rpg / 9.5blks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Repped.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    PER is stupid cause it's a sum of EVERY stat meaning if u don't get much of something then ur screwed. Kobe's style of defense isn't weak side help blocking shots OR steals. Bowen, Battier,Sefelosha, etc will vouch u don't needa have high steals or rpg. Whats sad is 32 year, 15 year pro KB was >29 year old and only 8 season played D-Whistle! Even sadder is that it's the same story this year, just add 1 more year LOL!
    If you want to look at individual stats normalized to something, just use the rebound rate, assist rate, turnover rate (the stuff PER uses). Per 36 is kind of outdated, doesn't consider the pace

Because then we'd know who the REAL stars were, and Stern doesn't want us to know this.

But...
    Have no fear, I'll educate us all and reveal the truth!!!

Per 36:

Byron Mullens-22/8/1/0/1 on 53/0/100
    Jimmy Butler-30/11/0/0/2 on 80/-/100
    John Lucas-24/3/6/1/0 on 46/50/100
    Luke Harangody-36/12/4/0/0 on 67/50/-
    Sean "Barf Bag" Williams-30/13/0/2/2 on 71/-/100