Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
koBEDABEST
Banned

koBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected posterkoBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected posterkoBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If Rose was a SG what would be his PPG and APG

32 & 6

His first priority when gettin the ball would be scoring, unlike now when he always try to distribute first(especially this season it looks like). And I actually dont think his assists would go down that much because hed have way more opportunities to dish it out after a drive and hed face constant double/triple teams.
koBEDABEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If Rose was a SG what would be his PPG and APG

Hard to say. Rose with a SG's mindset would fundamentally be a completely different player. One of the things that makes him so great as a player in his fourth year is his ability to effectively involve teammates as well as take the reigns when the situation demands it (example: the Bulls final possession last night).

If he was relegated simply to a spot-up shooters role, or simply a scorer, I don't know how effective he'd be for a team. About as a effective as Nick Young on the Wizards potentially, or as effective as Ray Allen on the Celtics. Again, hard to say.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

He is a SG. He's just called a PG, but he's never been one.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Hard to say. Rose with a SG's mindset would fundamentally be a completely different player. One of the things that makes him so great as a player in his fourth year is his ability to effectively involve teammates as well as take the reigns when the situation demands it (example: the Bulls final possession last night).

If he was relegated simply to a spot-up shooters role, or simply a scorer, I don't know how effective he'd be for a team. About as a effective as Nick Young on the Wizards potentially, or as effective as Ray Allen on the Celtics. Again, hard to say.
Exactly.....even tonight with this loss, he CLEARLY is trying to involve his teammates more. All they have to do is hit it. Deng has been, Rose's new game has been really benefiting him, and he's getting the proper respect as the potential All-star he is.
Tenchi Ryu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #5
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Lol 32 & 6
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
Iraqnback
I hit open layups

Iraqnback has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Exactly.....even tonight with this loss, he CLEARLY is trying to involve his teammates more. All they have to do is hit it. Deng has been, Rose's new game has been really benefiting him, and he's getting the proper respect as the potential All-star he is.

What?..... He's already an All-Star!
Iraqnback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
koBEDABEST
Banned

koBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected posterkoBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected posterkoBEDABEST is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

I agree with the first part, and im not saying hes a bad pg. I think hes doing very good with wut he has. I just think hed be one hell of a scorer(and possibly a better/more effective player) if his job was to attack like he did on the final possession yesterday almost all the time instead of trying to involve his teammates on every possession.

And as a pg Rose is already a more effective scorer than Nick Young and Ray Allen, so tell how would making him a full time SG render him less effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
He is a SG. He's just called a PG, but he's never been one.

You dont watch Bulls games.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 AM   #8
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

17 and 6.5..his current averages on the year
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 AM   #9
koBEDABEST
Banned

Quote:

I know hes doing the right thing in order for his team to perform better(especially down the road). Im not dissing his game. Im just sayin... hed be much more of a monster as an sg.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 AM   #10
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqnback
What?..... He's already an All-Star!
A lot of people don't consider Deng an All-star. I definitely think he is with the likes of Iggy and Bosh. Gives you consistency every night, one the best defensive players in the league, and gives his all 100% of the time.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
koBEDABEST
Banned

KBlaze if u read this, Id like to know wut u think plz.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
koBEDABEST
Banned

Quote:
A lot of people don't consider Deng an All-star.

I think he thought u meant Rose. I did so too until I double checked.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

overrated does not just stick with you at one position, it follows you.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #14
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koBEDABEST
I think he thought u meant Rose. I did so too until I double checked.
Oh lol..... Rose is on Superstar status at this point.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #15
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by koBEDABEST
And as a pg Rose is already a more effective scorer than Nick Young and Ray Allen, so tell how would making him a full time SG render him less effective

It renders him less effective because he's making the team around him worse by emphasizing getting his shots, instead of looking for the pass that could potentially result in a higher percentage shot (like he does now). If we're talking about Rose playing the 2 on this current Bulls roster, chances are the Bulls replace him with a PG that has a significantly smaller impact (if any) on the Bulls offense. That, in itself, leads me to believe that he'd be less effective as an overall player when compared to the player he is now as a PG.

It's similar to Kobe catching all the "ball hog" heat. You see those games where Kobe is looking to pass and keep his teammates involved... then you look at the box score, see he had a sub-par offensive effort and the Lakers took the L. Kobe is less effective as a facilitator than he is as a primarily offensive player. Sort of the reverse of the Rose situation (Kobe less effective when looking to pass/distribute, Rose less effective when looking to primarily score).
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: