Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation
Default Re: the lakers is a team full of players living on reputations

(yawn)
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #17
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
i just hate excuses.... and you kobe fans (not all but most) LOVE IT....

Coming from a Lebron fan, that is ****ing hilarious. You're always making excuses for your boy. Kobe is top 10 all-time so nobody needs to make excuses.

What excuses do you see me making? Hell, Kobe played an okay game anyway. So I don't know what you're getting at here.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Yea I agree. We'll see how things look when Bynum comes back. He makes Pau a lot better.

you havent watched many lakers game have you? they dont play great when together on court
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #19
LaserEater
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LaserEater has an OK reputation so far

Kobe has to stop forcing things. Plus he needs to realize he's not 25 anymore. He's my all time favorite player, but he has to admit he's past his prime and take advantage of his experience a lot more.

Fisher, on the other hand, needs to retire with Luke Walton.

Its gonna be a tough season to be a Lakers fan, but I wont complain. The Kobe era has been great... Better than most team's winning era.
LaserEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserEater
Kobe has to stop forcing things. Plus he needs to realize he's not 25 anymore. He's my all time favorite player, but he has to admit he's past his prime and take advantage of his experience a lot more.

Fisher, on the other hand, needs to retire with Luke Walton.

Its gonna be a tough season to be a Lakers fan, but I wont complain. The Kobe era has been great... Better than most team's winning era.

exactly atleast with your fcuking injured wrist....stop chucking the ball over....and get your teammates involved...geez fcuk how hard it is to understand when you are 34 years old grown a$$ man?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #21
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

The true, legit best thing for the future is to amnesty Kobe, and look to sign Deron to play with Bynum and Gasol. Thats a championship core.

Deron >> Kobe.

Kobe limits how effective bynum and gasol can be bc he has to take 30 shots per game to feed his hungry ego. Theyre better off without him.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #22
laker4life310
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life310 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
exactly atleast with your fcuking injured wrist....stop chucking the ball over....and get your teammates involved...geez fcuk how hard it is to understand when you are 34 years old grown a$$ man?

i totally understand this statement but no one on the lakers are getting anything done..they cant create when kobe passes the ball to them..esp when people are saying pau is the 2nd option..the dude isnt playing with heart anymore and playing like a pansy as he's getting pushed off the block...

kobe is not the 25 year old kobe he once was and im sure he realizes this but there is no one on this team that can take the pressure of his kobes shoulders atm. seriously, lakers need to make some moves and get more athletic and a pg who can control the tempo of the game...
laker4life310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #23
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Kobe was not chucking tonight. I don't get why people can't understand that the offence is designed to get him going scoring wise. He got good looks, was getting to the basket, getting to the free throw line and he cut down his turnovers. No one else on the Lakers was doing jack sh!t. I don't know if Mike Brown actually has an offence, but the Kobe and Pau pick and roll should be used every time down the court. They had the most success utilizing it with Barnes, Artest and Fisher in the line up.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #24
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
The true, legit best thing for the future is to amnesty Kobe, and look to sign Deron to play with Bynum and Gasol. Thats a championship core.

Deron >> Kobe.

Kobe limits how effective bynum and gasol can be bc he has to take 30 shots per game to feed his hungry ego. Theyre better off without him.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #25
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
you still dont get the point of my sarcasm do you?
the point is... kobe would play like he played today even if he never injured his wrist... thornton would still get by him 24-7 and he would have still not moved the ball / involved his teammates down the stretch of the game and he would have still get blocked and contested the way he did tonight........ unless his wrist somehow slows down his legs and IQ to............

i just hate excuses.... and you kobe fans (not all but most) LOVE IT.... ALL players play with some type of injury... and most of them dont show it or talk about it at all... if a player is in the game... then he is as healthy as he can be..

and Lebron James is still a 0x NBA champion
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #26
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor

...and the Lakers die hard fan base doesn't recover for SEVERAL seasons and fans never trust the front office ever again. That would be the biggest slap in the face in NBA history, replacing "The Decision" melodrama. The Lakers would NEVER risk that PR disaster, or give a top 3 franchise history player the boot in such a blatant display of disloyalty.

Kobe, on the other hand, would have his entire image changed. He'd be the jilted superstar, done wrong by the evil empire of the Lakers franchise. Sort of the reverse of the LeBron to Miami thing... instead of a perceived "nice guy" turning heel, the heel plays the victim and turns into a nice guy.

It goes without saying: this would never, ever, EVER happen. You've got to be trolling.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #27
KOBEtherealKing
Laker Fans Unite'14

KOBEtherealKing has an OK reputation so far

The worst and saddest part for the lakers is that fisher is terrible against old point guards as well, such as, steve nash and jason kidd and they're all the same age. Fisher was never a real or true pg, he will always be a sg.
KOBEtherealKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #28
laker4life310
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life310 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
...and the Lakers die hard fan base doesn't recover for SEVERAL seasons and fans never trust the front office ever again. That would be the biggest slap in the face in NBA history, replacing "The Decision" melodrama. The Lakers would NEVER risk that PR disaster, or give a top 3 franchise history player the boot in such a blatant display of disloyalty.

Kobe, on the other hand, would have his entire image changed. He'd be the jilted superstar, done wrong by the evil empire of the Lakers franchise. Sort of the reverse of the LeBron to Miami thing... instead of a perceived "nice guy" turning heel, the heel plays the victim and turns into a nice guy.

It goes without saying: this would never, ever, EVER happen. You've got to be trolling.

+1
the lakers org would never allow such a thing and during kobes chat with the media he knows that he doesnt have much left in the gas so the org needs to have someone he needs to pass the torch upon so the lakers can still be competitive....however, with this current roster and the whole chris paul drama..we'll see what happens but atm its not looking too bright....
laker4life310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #29
CardiacKemba
High School Varsity 12th Man

CardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected posterCardiacKemba is a pretty well-respected poster

Why do these threads always turn into Lebron V Kobe

Kobe's moving around slower but their problems are much further than Kobe.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: