Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone else rooting for Ricky Rubio?

I hope this guy becomes the next Pete Maravich, just to piss off all the americans who want him to fail so badly.

Thought I'd share. You can delete now.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation
Default Re: Anyone else rooting for Ricky Rubio?

I am
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
MochaUdoka
Serious playground baller

MochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputationMochaUdoka has a terrific reputation

He's on my fantasy squad so, yes, i'm rooting for him
MochaUdoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

I am rooting for him. His defense and passing are already high level. Give the guy 2 full seasons before uttering how garbage or calling him a bust. Look around the league, it's very easy for point guards to be effective with no contact allowed on the perimeter. Maybe he'll get fouls early on because he is used to the rougher rules that are played in Europe but Rubio is a basketball player. He knows the game and how it works. There are a lot of good point guard who can't shoot jumpers well.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

You insult my thread that is actually threadworthy but then start this thread?
Oops.

But yea, I'm definitely rooting for the guy. I root for all rookies/young guys until they give me a reason not to.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
DevilsAssassin
Banned

DevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=244877&page=6

modz lock this up
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

I am.

He seems like a nice guy and I initially thought he would be a bust like Darko but then Adelman took the head coaching job which is PERFECT for Rubio's style of play.

Tonight will be the first time I'm watching MIN since 2004 playoffs with KG.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

eh not really
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Didn't like all the hype, or the indecision. But if he plays well, I'll definitely be pulling for him.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Didn't like all the hype, or the indecision. But if he plays well, I'll definitely be pulling for him.

Where is this hype? Can you point me that direction? All I hear is doubter, even on all the NBA shows all they do it doubt and say he has nice passing. There is absolutely no hype on Rubio, just hope.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
You insult my thread that is actually threadworthy but then start this thread?

I try to make threads that are topical or will appeal to a broad range of readers. Discussing who Knicks 15th man should be just makes us Knick fans look bad.

Figured discussing Rubio's pro debut might be something interesting.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Where is this hype? Can you point me that direction? All I hear is doubter, even on all the NBA shows all they do it doubt and say he has nice passing. There is absolutely no hype on Rubio, just hope.
No hype recently, but it was all over the place before he was drafted and for about a year afterwards.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
Force

Quote:
No hype recently, but it was all over the place before he was drafted and for about a year afterwards.

There is no hype. About his "indecision", do you realize how much money out of his pocket it would have cost him to come to the NBA right after the draft? Close to his entire NBA salary. You wouldn't be that stupid if you were Rubio would you? It was a no brainer to avoid buying yourself out of a contract. One day when you have responsibilities and money to deal with you might understand better.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
There is no hype. About his "indecision", do you realize how much money out of his pocket it would have cost him to come to the NBA right after the draft? Close to his entire NBA salary. You wouldn't be that stupid if you were Rubio would you? It was a no brainer to avoid buying yourself out of a contract. One day when you have responsibilities and money to deal with you might understand better.

My, you're hostile. And not very bright.

There was hype, and lots of it. Not acknowledging it doesn't mean it didn't exist. He was supposed to be some kind of savior, rather than the bench player he actually is.

I know about buyouts and I understand the financial situation. He shouldn't have made himself available for the NBA draft if he had those constraints.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

My, you're hostile. And not very bright.

There was hype, and lots of it. Not acknowledging it doesn't mean it didn't exist. He was supposed to be some kind of savior, rather than the bench player he actually is.

I know about buyouts and I understand the financial situation. He shouldn't have made himself available for the NBA draft if he had those constraints.
That man leads to points, period. Wow, is all I can say. Who knows what his overall impact will be, but he has the goods as a PG.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: