Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default It seems obvious to me the Lakers need to sign Gilbert Arenas

At this point in their careers, both Fisher & Blake each are backup PG's.

At the very least you'll know Gilbert can run an offense and with the ball in his hands as a PG can still be effective. In his last season as a starter at PG in 2009-2010 with the Wizards, Gilbert was averaging 25 PPG 7 APG. Then of course he was suspended for the year due to the gun charge. Last season he started off as a SG for the Wizards and wasn't as effective but still a solid player serving as a spot shooter next to Wall. That trend continued into Orlando where he clashed with SVG who didnt want to do anything but wait around and shoot 3's like the rest of Orlando's perimeter players.

If the Lakers signed Gilbert, I could see him giving them 17/6 as a starter on about 42% from the Field. Thats an upgrade over what Fisher & Blake are giving them splitting minutes at PG, instead Arenas can move over to SG in their 2nd unit for Fisher/Blake to handle backup PG duties.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Xyph
Banned

Xyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this board
Default Re: It seems obvious to me the Lakers need to sign Gilbert Arenas

He shot 30% for the magic
He lost ALL His athletisism
He is another headcase

why would they want him? morris would be a better bet...
Xyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Agent 0 is also a backup.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

Arenas is a cancer, and Lakers already have enough problems...
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyph
He shot 30% for the magic
He lost ALL His athletisism
He is another headcase

why would they want him? morris would be a better bet...

I don'y want Arenas. But please stop all this morris crap. the guy isn't a good pg. chances are he will be out the league in 3 years.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Xyph
Banned

Xyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this boardXyph is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I don'y want Arenas. But please stop all this morris crap. the guy isn't a good pg. chances are he will be out the league in 3 years.

hes a better pg than fkin arenas at this point

people keep bringing up "25 ppg" yeah well guess what, that shits over, he cant jump AT ALL anymore, can't shoot and he chucks.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd like to see it but I don't think Brown would want his poor defense.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyph
hes a better pg than fkin arenas at this point

people keep bringing up "25 ppg" yeah well guess what, that shits over, he cant jump AT ALL anymore, can't shoot and he chucks.
I don't want Arenas on the Lakers.

But Morris is not a contributing player on a playoff team. He just doesn't have a consistent NBA skill at this point.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Xyph
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I don't Arenas on the Lakers.

But Morris is not a contributing player on a playoff team. He just doesn't have a consistent NBA skill at this point.

i like watchin the lakers and ive watched morris in college so we'll see throughout the season i guess.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers already have the new, younger Agent Zero... his name is Goudelock...and he wears the number zero.
ps. he shoots 66.67% from the 3 for his career!!!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
Agent 0 is also a backup.

Lol so true. That means they'd have 3 backups. IF the Lakers were interested in agent zero he would have been picked up by now. They some guards that can push the pace and play fast like the Barea/Terry tandem in Dallas.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Arenas has basically lost all athleticism so he'd be a shooter off the bench, right? Oh wait, we already have like 10 shooters and half of them have better attitudes than he would and don't need the ball in their hands to be effective. This would've been a good move... 6 years ago.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like that Goudelock kid... Arenas is only an option and a plus if he can signed cheap, and I mean dirt cheap.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

No we don't need to.

I do like Glock but he's not a PG and still a rookie. I still want the front office to make a move for a good PG.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

it's 2012 almost. arenas isn't the player who once was. he is a backup now too.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: