Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery

Possibly more damage too. Beginning of the end?

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYaho...12396883828736

edit: Minnesota radio reporting there's concern he also tore his MCL. His MCL would have to fully heal before he could even have the reconstructive surgery for his ACL.

Last edited by StateProperty : 12-24-2011 at 10:20 PM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery

Yeah, probably. It's extremely difficult for a RB to come back from an injury like this. I think his days as an elite RB are over, unfortunately.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Sad day for me. I love watching him play.

Probably won't ever be the same.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Didn't he rush his previous injury and play hurt? Sounds really dumb to rush it when your team is like 2-10...

Well now Gehart get's a crack at it.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sad
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was brutal. It reminded me of the one Willis McGahee suffered against Ohio State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8

McGahee obviously came back and had quite a nice career, but his injury occurred when he was in his early-20s. Obviously, with AP having been such a great NFL player and his more advanced age, this should be a sad day for all real NFL fans.

He will never be the same player and I feel sadly confident in saying that.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I heard about his injury I hoped it wouldn't be an ACL issue. Really sucks because he is a terrific talent and fun to watch.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i always felt like his bruising running style wasnt gonna give him a long healthy career anyway. i feel bad for AP but i know he is gonna come back strong from this.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
i feel bad for AP but i know he is gonna come back strong from this.

I doubt it. Running backs are like big huge dogs. They're awesome when they're around, but they often have short life spans. It's just a brutal position to play.

But you never know. I hope he does come back strong.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I doubt it. Running backs are like big huge dogs. They're awesome when they're around, but they often have short life spans. It's just a brutal position to play.

*Looks at avi*

*Sadly agrees*

Hopefully being a physical freak helps him some way.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
*Looks at avi*

*Sadly agrees*

Hopefully being a physical freak helps him some way.

It's really sad knowing that LT played his entire career without winning a Super Bowl. Next Sunday will probably be the last game of his career
Old 12-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate jumping to conclusions but there goes HOF level talent down the drain. NFL is a brutally unforgiving sport.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This reminds me of a conversation that has been had, in some form, with primetime over and over. I'm pretty sure he has claimed Peterson could retire tomorrow and be a HOFer. Say this is the end for AP as a dominant back (and I really hope it's not) would his current body of work be enough to get him in the HOF?

Five Seasons: 72 GP, 6,714 yards (59th all-time), 63 TD (T-37th), 4.8 ypc (T-37th), 93.3 ypg (4th)

I don't know how bad the injury is. It's going to be a hard one for him to come back from but I'd be surprised if he doesn't still have at least another 3-5 years of being a good back. Meaning he'll add a few more thousand and 10-20 more TD's to those numbers at a minimum. But this does beg the question, if his career were done after today, would those numbers be good enough to get him in the HOF?

And yes, that's just to try and stir the pot and get a reaction out of PT.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #14
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Minnesota radio reporting there's concern he also tore his MCL. His MCL would have to fully heal before he could even have the reconstructive surgery for his ACL.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #15
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He did get 36 mil guarantee contract extension this year. So that's something. Seems like yesterday when I drafted rookie AP for my fantasy team.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: