Default Re: Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker

damn and i think those were the ugliest Jordans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    damn and i think those were the ugliest Jordans
    Those are the Jordans that saved the galaxy from the threat known as the Mon-Stars.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights
    Bu Bu Bu.......Jordan hasn't been relevant for 14 years

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Those are the Jordans that saved the galaxy from the threat known as the Mon-Stars.
    ah right... then i get it

I think those were the shoes I had when I was 5-6 yrs old.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I was thinking about buying these today but changed my mind when I hear the playoff retro 7's are coming out next year. These are cool but I'd want the playoff black and red ones more.

Anyways, this is crazy hearing about all of the fights. Don't any of the people there own computers?? The last pair of Jordans I bought were the playoff retro 8's in 2007. I went to Finishline the morning they came out but they were sold out so I went online to easbay and ordered a pair with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    I had the originals when they first came out. I remember being on the fence between the Jordan XIs and Penny Hardaways ... but when I saw them in person the XIs looked so much cooler.

F*ck Nike for dolling them out like this, they know damn well they're going to cause a riot. I don't buy that their slave labour factory in China couldn't pump out 2x-3x more stock.
    Exactly. But that's how retail works. They know these shoes are going to be popular so they don't release a ton of them and on top of the shoes already being so popular they label them limited edition so people have to go out and line up. It's ridiculous.

I love shoes and especially Jordans but I don't "collect". The last pair I bought was in 2007 and I might get a pair next year. But I actually wear them. I don't have boxes full of Jordans just laying around and part of my collection. Collecting shoes is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker

Holy crap. Where are the people who always say "racist" right now? I got called a racist because I said a lot of NBA players get busted for doing drugs. This is just... wow.

Not surprised. People go ****ing crazy for J's around here. There was a huggggeeee line at Champs last night. Thought about copping a couple pairs but I think I'm gonna wait for the Black/Red/White colorway and Christmas LBJ's. Oh boy.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Bu Bu Bu.......Jordan hasn't been relevant for 14 years
    Hasn't been relevant on a bball court dude. What does strange sneaker fetishes have to do with actual basketball?

And we wonder why the top 1% has been taking advantage of the rest of the idiot 99% for the past 30 years.

Why they(1%) have gotten richer and we(99%) have gotten poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Not surprised. People go ****ing crazy for J's around here. There was a huggggeeee line at Champs last night. Thought about copping a couple pairs but I think I'm gonna wait for the Black/Red/White colorway and Christmas LBJ's. Oh boy.
    When are those coming out? If I were to get those I would go online at midnight to eastbay and place my order. I really want the retro 7's that are supposed to come out next year.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm in a predominantly white, wealthy neighbourhood and there were lineups at 3-4 AM here for what it's worth.

Otherwise I'd have a pair right now

While there weren't any riots, yeah this shoe is the holy grail ... it pisses me off Nike makes so few pairs. Damn you 15-18 year olds ... go buy LeBrons or something for crying out loud, let us old fogies relive our youth.

No one wants these fugly ass Kobes and LeBrons and even the newer Jordans are weird. Why can't Nike make the one friggin' model that everyone wants?

The black/red AJXIs are nice too, but there's something about the white/black in person it just stands out a lot.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 12-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Meanwhile at Michael Jordan's house...

That probably is his real reaction. As great of a basketball player he is he seems like a huge a**hole in real life.

He's the one who was on Oprah with Charles Barkley and Barkley told the story of how one day Barkley and Jordan are walking down a street and a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.

Jackass.
    Last edited by ConanRulesNBC; 12-23-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Banned

extreme materialism. It s about time a deep long lasting economic depression hits the whole planet and some basic realities get reminded to most.