Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rick Adelman will make Kevin Love a perennial all star.

I think KLove will explode like Brad Miller did in Sactown with Adelman. People knew he was good in Indy, but not THAT good.

Love's passing skill in the high post is going to surprise a lot of people. And Adelman's offense is perfect for that. Great hire

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    I think KLove will explode like Brad Miller did in Sactown with Adelman. People knew he was good in Indy, but not THAT good.

Love's passing skill in the high post is going to surprise a lot of people. And Adelman's offense is perfect for that. Great hire
    Exactly. Love is exactly the kind of big who thrives under Adelman. I think a lot of the Aldridge hype will die down this year. Dude is pretty maxed out at 21 and 9 considering his age and potential. I think last years success by him had an awful lot to do with his circumstances.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Exactly. Love is exactly the kind of big who thrives under Adelman. I think a lot of the Aldridge hype will die down this year. Dude is pretty maxed out at 21 and 9 considering his age and potential. I think last years success by him had an awful lot to do with his circumstances.
    Eh, not really. Adelman does well with players that have really good back to the basket games and guys that are just money from hitting the wide open mid-range shot. I haven't really seen Love hit the mid-range shot as well as someone like Scola but that could just be selection bias. He's going to still get his hustle points like Adelman's guys always did but I don't see Love with the guy that has an established back to the basket game like Webber and Yao had. I could just be wrong there though.

Regardless, Adelman will always get the best out of his team, regardless of the players he has so that should be a bright spot for Timberwolves fans.

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    Eh, not really. Adelman does well with players that have really good back to the basket games and guys that are just money from hitting the wide open mid-range shot. I haven't really seen Love hit the mid-range shot as well as someone like Scola but that could just be selection bias. He's going to still get his hustle points like Adelman's guys always did but I don't see Love with the guy that has an established back to the basket game like Webber and Yao had. I could just be wrong there though.

Regardless, Adelman will always get the best out of his team, regardless of the players he has so that should be a bright spot for Timberwolves fans.
    Love is a better shooter than both Webber and Miller were... AND he's a very good passer for his position, though not Webber level. Scola was also a versatile offensive player and passer like Love and he had a career year under Adelman.

High School Starter

Love is a better shooter than both Webber and Miller were... AND he's a very good passer for his position, though not Webber level. Scola was also a versatile offensive player and passer like Love and he had a career year under Adelman.
    Did you just say Love was better than Webber? Are you kidding me? Miller, yes, he's role player. But Chris Webber? Come on now.

Scola did have a 'career' year but he could have done so much more. And he thrived under the fact that he was a 2nd/3rd option that got awesome open shots and the fact that he has an A+ rated mid-range game. Does Love have that? That and Love will probably be the first option, at least for the first two years before Derrick Williams matures (if he does) meaning there will be a lot more defensive pressure.

As of now, Aldridge is better than Love. He has had a bigger impact on the game and is leading his game to wins.

Quote Originally Posted by soadrules
    Did you just say Love was better than Webber? Are you kidding me? Miller, yes, he's role player. But Chris Webber? Come on now.

Scola did have a 'career' year but he could have done so much more. And he thrived under the fact that he was a 2nd/3rd option that got awesome open shots and the fact that he has an A+ rated mid-range game. Does Love have that? That and Love will probably be the first option, at least for the first two years before Derrick Williams matures (if he does) meaning there will be a lot more defensive pressure.

As of now, Aldridge is better than Love. He has had a bigger impact on the game and is leading his game to wins.
    Reading comprehension goes a long way. Love is a better, more efficient SHOOTER than Webber. NOT player.

Before last year he was never the go to guy, last year partly due to injury he became that and stepped up huge. Definitely don't think he's maxed out at 21-9 there was a stretch last year when it seemed he was going for 28+ 12 a night. Dude was killin it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Before last year he was never the go to guy, last year partly due to injury he became that and stepped up huge. Definitely don't think he's maxed out at 21-9 there was a stretch last year when it seemed he was going for 28+ 12 a night. Dude was killin it.
    The fact that he played 4 seasons before blowing up proves exactly what I said. If a guy has gobs of potential like a Griffin, Rose, Durant recently... it's clear from day one. This guy was the 2nd pick in the draft and never showed signs of being a franchise player. Yet the perfect storm happens in Portland for his emergence and people act like he's a 2nd year player with tons of potential.

The guy is a very skilled big man but expecting 24+ ppg and 10+ rpg is a joke considering it took him 5 years to break out. If you give somebody the touches of a franchise player and they are skilled.. they will perform. That's what happened with Aldridge.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    He'd better be...I picked him 6th on my fantasy team
    6th? How? Playing with a bunch of retards?

Exactly, he got the touches and he performed, he carried his team. I don't think it matters that it took a few seasons. I don't think he's gonna be a super elite player like Griffin can be, just much better than Love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Exactly, he got the touches and he performed, he carried his team. I don't think it matters that it took a few seasons. I don't think he's gonna be a super elite player like Griffin can be, just much better than Love.
    Only time will tell .

Banned

You are acting like he is in his 30's or something.

Only time will tell .
    20 days

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin

You are acting like he is in his 30's or something.
    He's 26. Has nothing to do with age. Has to do with fact that he was a number 2 pick.. taken to be the Blazers franchise player along with Roy. He doesn't show up till his 5th season when Roy goes down with bad injuries.

Banned

He's 26. Has nothing to do with age. Has to do with fact that he was a number 2 pick.. taken to be the Blazers franchise player along with Roy. He doesn't show up till his 5th season when Roy goes down with bad injuries.

How doesn't he show up until his fifth season?

18PPG 8RPG 34MPG 2nd season
    18PPG 8RPG 37MPG 3rd season
    18PPG 8RPG 37MPG 4th season

these are solid numbers for a 2nd option.