Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #76
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Post the dumbest things you've heard on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Wilt shooting 4-13 from the line in game seven of the '69 Finals cost him 3-4 rings.

If your superstar player shoots 4-13 from the free-throw line in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and your team lost by only 4 points (and was within a possession from tying it with under a minute left), who gets the blame? certainly not the teammate that had 42 points, 13 rebounds, and 12 assists
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #77
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Quote:
Wilt shooting 4-13 from the line in game seven of the '69 Finals cost him 3-4 rings.

If your superstar player shoots 4-13 from the free-throw line in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and your team lost by only 4 points (and was within a possession from tying it with under a minute left), who gets the blame? certainly not the teammate that had 42 points, 13 rebounds, and 12 assists

I rest my case...
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #78
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I rest my case...

He also shot 1-11 in game 7 of the '70 finals
and how many more games 7s did this guy lose?

Wilt's Free-throw % in the '70 Finals
23-67 (34.3 %)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...70_finals.html

I rest my case
Old 11-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #79
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

That Wade is comparable to Kobe
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #80
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Michael Jordan could average upwards of 50 ppg on elite efficiency today

Dirk is the best player in the league

1 guy scoring 81 points in a game is nothing special because it was in the RS and against a bad team

Derrick Rose should play SG instead of PG
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #81
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Michael Jordan could average upwards of 50 ppg on elite efficiency today
Who the hell said that? gengishkan? He's really the only one insane enough to say something like that I'd think.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #82
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Who the hell said that? gengishkan? He's really the only one insane enough to say something like that I'd think.

He was one of the people saying that. Others like andgar weren't saying he would do 50 but that he could do 40+ on really good efficiency (> 50%)
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #83
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
That Wade is comparable to Kobe

He is, comparable doesn't mean better
Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #84
millwad
Banned

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

No one said it costed him 3-4 rings, but the guy had horrible FT-shooting performances in the finals and especially in '69..

First his team lost in game 4 in that series with 1 freaking point while Wilt choked big time from the FT-line only making 2-11 FT's..

And in game 7 his team lost with two points and Wilt again choked big time from the FT-line only making 4-13 FT's..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #85
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That Lebron is best player in the NBA today hands down.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #86
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

jlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejlauber is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
He also shot 1-11 in game 7 of the '70 finals
and how many more games 7s did this guy lose?

Wilt's Free-throw % in the '70 Finals
23-67 (34.3 %)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...70_finals.html

I rest my case

YOU claimed that those TWO games cost Wilt 3-4 rings. As for game seven of the '70 Finals, Wilt went 1-8 in the first half...when NY led 69-42. That game was NOT decided by Wilt's poor FT shooting, but instead by the Knicks hitting almost every shot they took in the first half.

So, YOUR claim that Wilt's 4-13 FT shooting, in that game seven of the '69 Finals, and with Baylor firing blanks from the FIELD all game long (8-22), and with Wilt's COACH leaving Wilt on the bench in the last five minutes...is really the ONLY case in which it MIGHT have cost Wilt a ring.

Of course, I have long argued that Kareem and Bird's poor shooting from the FIELD in SEVERAL post-season series probably cost them a few rings, as well.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #87
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

White people are "unathletic".

Apparently, they can only sloth around like snails.
Unable to run, jump or throw.

305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #88
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that amare is better than dirk right now.

his reasoning was even worse
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #89
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star

StacksOnDeck has decent reputationStacksOnDeck has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
White people are "unathletic".

Apparently, they can only sloth around like snails.
Unable to run, jump or throw.

throw? I don't know about that. But everything else seems accurate.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #90
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
throw? I don't know about that. But everything else seems accurate.
I don't know Im an air force tech schooler and I pretty much beat all the black guys in running
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: