Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #1771
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post the dumbest things you've heard said on InsideHoops

Carmelo Anthony is a legit MVP candidate. I don't think even at the Knicks best he was a legit threat to Lebron. At least Durant is making a serious case because OKC is very good.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #1772
MellowYellow
Local High School Star

MellowYellow has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
I haven't "heard" anything on this forum, there is no audio.
MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #1773
Audio One
Decent playground baller

Audio One has no real reputation yet.

That Hakeem Olajuwon's a top 10 player all-time, and arguably the greatest big man ever
Audio One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:47 AM   #1774
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio One
That Hakeem Olajuwon's a top 10 player all-time, and arguably the greatest big man ever
Not dumb if he or she admitted it was arguable.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:53 AM   #1775
fpliii
peace out

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What the ****? In what universe is that not the case?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #1776
Audio One
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
Not dumb if he or she admitted it was arguable.

To admit that this is arguable, is to admit that perhaps you're basketball knowledge isn't up-to-par. If Olajuwon's arguably the best big ever, then he's arguably the greatest player ever, do you realize how STUPID that sounds?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:04 AM   #1777
Audio One
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
What the ****? In what universe is that not the case?

You tell me. In what universe is someone with a combined resume' of 9 first round playoff exits, 4 sweeps, 6 blowouts, 1 missed playoff in his prime, 1 MVP, a player that wasn't considered to be a top 5 player during half his career, didn't make an All-NBA first team during ages 27, 28, 29, or win an MVP or ring before 30 a top 10 player?

Yet cue the excuse train for him, yet a player very similar to him in Garnett doesn't get the same passes, and someone no one considers higher than the top 15, AT BEST
Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #1778
fpliii
peace out

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You tell me. In what universe is someone with a combined resume' of 9 first round playoff exits, 4 sweeps, 6 blowouts, 1 missed playoff in his prime, 1 MVP, a player that wasn't considered to be a top 5 player during half his career, didn't make an All-NBA first team during ages 27, 28, 29, or win an MVP or ring before 30 a top 10 player?

Yet cue the excuse train for him, yet a player very similar to him in Garnett doesn't get the same passes, and someone no one considers higher than the top 15, AT BEST

I don't have an all-time list, but I'd certainly KG better than 15. Peak play and impact are huge for me.

Accolades mean nothing IMO. The sweeps and first-round exits are suspect, obviously, but I'm all about level of play.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:20 AM   #1779
JohnFreeman
Bye

JohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

^^
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:26 AM   #1780
Audio One
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I don't have an all-time list, but I'd certainly KG better than 15. Peak play and impact are huge for me.

Accolades mean nothing IMO. The sweeps and first-round exits are suspect, obviously, but I'm all about level of play.

Let me say this, I understand if one's to put him in their top 10, as I'm not one to undermine another's opinion too much, but when this is stated as a fact is when I take fault with it. And that level of play people refer to of Dream's only lasted 2 years. And people usually disregard other's impact's. What about Jerry West, aka The Logo? Elgin Baylor's impact, putting up 40 in a Finals series, and was the pre-cursor to Jordan, Sam Jones being the ultimate closer on ten championship teams, Robert Pettit, Zeke, I could go on. I just can't put someone that more often than not promised you a first-round exit a top 10 player. Impact's subjective, results are real
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #1781
T_L_P
Ghost of Electricity

T_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That the 2003 Spurs minus Duncan were a better squad than the 2010 Lakers minus Kobe
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 AM   #1782
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:

All-NBA First team he was battling Shaq, Drob, and Ewing for the ONE center spot and he didn't make the 95 first team but decimated the player who did in the WCF. Russell only made 3 first teams since his competition was Wilt and we know how good Wilt was in the regular season. 1 MVP? Shaq and Kobe each have 1 and are top 10. You didn't mention his 2 rings and 2 finals mvps, the same amount of rings as Wilt, another player that is in most top 10s. Shaq was swept 6 times I believe. Hakeem's playoff numbers are phenomenal, definitely top 10 worthy numbers. 26/11/3/2/3 53fg/57ts. In the finals he averaged 28/11/3/2/3 49fg/53ts. How is he not arguably a top 10 player? Or top 15 at worst?
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #1783
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Let me say this, I understand if one's to put him in their top 10, as I'm not one to undermine another's opinion too much, but when this is stated as a fact is when I take fault with it. And that level of play people refer to of Dream's only lasted 2 years. And people usually disregard other's impact's. What about Jerry West, aka The Logo? Elgin Baylor's impact, putting up 40 in a Finals series, and was the pre-cursor to Jordan, Sam Jones being the ultimate closer on ten championship teams, Robert Pettit, Zeke, I could go on. I just can't put someone that more often than not promised you a first-round exit a top 10 player. Impact's subjective, results are real
Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #1784
Audio One
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
All-NBA First team he was battling Shaq, Drob, and Ewing for the ONE center spot and he didn't make the 95 first team but decimated the player who did in the WCF. Russell only made 3 first teams since his competition was Wilt and we know how good Wilt was in the regular season. 1 MVP? Shaq and Kobe each have 1 and are top 10. You didn't mention his 2 rings and 2 finals mvps, the same amount of rings as Wilt, another player that is in most top 10s. Shaq was swept 6 times I believe. Hakeem's playoff numbers are phenomenal, definitely top 10 worthy numbers. 26/11/3/2/3 53fg/57ts. In the finals he averaged 28/11/3/2/3 49fg/53ts. How is he not arguably a top 10 player? Or top 15 at worst?

And yet Russell was an awarded an MVP in a season which Wilton threw up 50, so those two definitely had their give and takes. There's still a debate to be had between those two, while Olajuwon's supposedly the greatest big ever, yet can't even separate himself from these supposedly "inferior players", and as late as '99 (when they were both toast by then mind you) you'd find just as many people that would've told you Barkley was better when healthy, as vice versa, only on the internet has this debate been so one-sided. IN FACT, this is the same guy that what outvoted in the MVP by Kenny The Jet Smith, and was once involved in trade talks with Boston for Reggie Lewis

Shaquille was swept six times yes, but this is a man that in his 3rd year was already on Akeem's level at his apex, and has proven over the years to guarantee you more playoff success, and played at a higher level over his career. O'Neal's career >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A combined 10 first round playoffs exits and missed playoffs. Folks in that Shaq-carry-franchise-whatever thread tried to say Shaq gets the most passes, which i call BULL**** on Same deal with Bean, his career takes a healthy green **** on Akeem's as well.

Russell
Wilton
Alcindor
Mike
O'Neal
Earvin
Bryant
Bird
Havlicek
Duncan
West
Robertson
Mikan
Flash
Cousy
Baylor
Jones
K. Malone
Wade
James

He has NO case over these gentleman, and I'd argue Zeke and The Big Ticket as well. ^^ And Sam Jones has almost as many rings as Akeem does first-round exits, and Thomas led a team to titles over Jordan, Bird, and Earvin, so yeah, perhaps it's best you take your leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out
Old 01-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #1785
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Sam Jones > Hakeem

- Audio One
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: