Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1636
PickernRoller
2/5

Default Re: Post the dumbest things you've heard said on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Again, only the most delusional, biased Kobe stans and/or Laker fans can say the '09 Magic are better than the '13 Spurs with a straight face.

I just did. Like I said the other stuff....not necessary. Only shows you're desperate and an idiot.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #1637
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
I just did. Like I said the other stuff....not necessary. Only shows you're desperate and an idiot.
How am I desperate. The '09 Magic were one of the weakest Finals teams in recent memory. You'd have to go back to the '99 Knicks in the lockout season to find a weaker one. Old or not, the 2013 Spurs would beat the 2009 Magic in 5 or 6 games.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #1638
SwayDizzle
Local High School Star

Quote:
How am I desperate. The '09 Magic were one of the weakest Finals teams in recent memory. You'd have to go back to the '99 Knicks in the lockout season to find a weaker one. Old or not, the 2013 Spurs would beat the 2009 Magic in 5 or 6 games.
nope, you should watch the Magic's run again
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #1639
PickernRoller
2/5

Quote:

Only in a pipe dream does a wash up Ginobli, an injured Parker and an old @ss Duncan beat the 09 Magic hitting on all cylinders.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1640
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
nope, you should watch the Magic's run again
Got taken 6 by an average 76ers team; got taken 7 by the KG-less Celtics; and shot 40%+ from three on something like 25 attempts per game in the ECF. LeBron got very little help form his supporting cast, and it took him going God mode the whole series just to push it to 6. The Magic aren't even in the ECF if Garnett doesn't get hurt at the end of the year, causing him to miss the playoffs.

But I give up. There's too many Kobe fanboys and Laker fans on ISH to have any hope of winning this argument. I've already got two on my back and I'm sure a few more will find their way into this thread sooner or later, and take your side, too.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1641
PickernRoller
2/5

Quote:
Got taken 6 by an average 76ers team; got taken 7 by the KG-less Celtics; and shot 40%+ from three on something like 25 attempts per game in the ECF. LeBron got very little help form his supporting cast, and it took him going God mode the whole series just to push it to 6. The Magic aren't even in the ECF if Garnett doesn't get hurt at the end of the year, causing him to miss the playoffs.

But I give up. There's too many Kobe fanboys and Laker fans on ISH to have any hope of winning this argument. I've already got two on my back and I'm sure a few more will find their way into this thread sooner or later, and take your side, too.

I think beating the Kobe-less, injured all season long Lakers, the young Warriors and the Memphis - no perimeter shooting Grizzlies was worse. Pipe dream, you're still an idiot for jumping on it. Even if you want out - centered persona is a smoke screen on ISH. There a little to almost no exceptions.

I though I told swizzle to stay out of it - I guess he couldn't read my mind.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 07-01-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #1642
KG215

Quote:
I think beating the Kobe-less, injured all season long Lakers, the young Warriors and the Memphis - no perimeter shooting Grizzlies was worse. Pipe dream, you're still an idiot for jumping on it. Even if you want out - centered persona is a smoke screen on ISH. There a little to almost no exceptions.

I though I told swizzle to stay out of it - I guess he couldn't read my mind.
Maybe the Spurs aren't in the Finals, either, if Westbrook doesn't get hurt. That still doesn't change my opinion, and nothing will, that the 2013 Spurs are better than 2009 Magic. I don't even know how it's debatable, but I'm trying to argue this with fans of the team that beat the 2009 Magic, so I know it's a futile argument that isn't going anywhere.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #1643
PickernRoller
2/5

Quote:
Maybe the Spurs aren't in the Finals, either, if Westbrook doesn't get hurt. That still doesn't change my opinion, and nothing will, that the 2013 Spurs are better than 2009 Magic. I don't even know how it's debatable, but I'm trying to argue this with fans of the team that beat the 2009 Magic, so I know it's a futile argument that isn't going anywhere.

Creating an alt and sporting a Hawks avy won't make a dent nor any significance on the fact. You can believe what you will, just be careful next time you jump on someone. Then you find yourself trying to get out... we were done a page back anyway. Last I remember it was a comment by an LBJ alt troll....edit: Spur fan

Last edited by PickernRoller : 07-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #1644
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon

Quote:

It's true, we weren't that great a team. We only made it passed the Celtics because KG was injured. Celtics were the bane of the Magics existence back then.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #1645
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
It's true, we weren't that great a team. We only made it passed the Celtics because KG was injured. Celtics were the bane of the Magics existence back then.
Well, I just don't think they were "great" in terms of a Finals team. They were a very good team that got really hot at the right time, but in comparison to a lot of other Finals teams I think they come up short in comparison. Not as bad as the '99 Knicks, but maybe not quite as good as the '02 and '03 Nets? Maybe somewhat close to that level, though? I don't think those Nets teams were as bad as their Finals series results indicate. They just had the misfortune of playing the Shaq/Kobe duo at their peak in 2002, and peak Duncan in 2003. But I could see the '09 Magic and the '02 or '03 Nets being a good series.

And I completely forgot about the '07 Cavs. They were worse than the '09 Magic. But, for what I'm arguing, I do think they were worse than the '12 Thunder and '13 Spurs.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1646
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

The 09 Magic weren't a good Finals team at all. They beat the Celtics without KG (went 7 games) and they went on an unbelievable hot streak from 3 to beat Cleveland. Look what happened when they played a team with a frontcourt. They got cockslapped across the face by Derek Fisher and co.

Last edited by SilkkTheShocker : 07-01-2013 at 07:37 PM.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #1647
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
The 09 Magic weren't a good Finals team at all. They beat the Celtics without KG (went 7 games) and they went on an unbelievable hot streak from 3 to beat Cleveland. Look what happened when they played a team with a frontcourt. They got cockslapped across the fact by Derek Fisher and co.
I know you find it impossible to credit Kobe for, well, anything really...but he was great in that Finals series. He was great that entire playoff run.

So why the jab with the "Derek Fisher and co." comment?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1648
HoopsFanNumero1
College superstar

Quote:
Creating an alt and sporting a Hawks avy won't make a dent nor any significance on the fact. You can believe what you will, just be careful next time you jump on someone. Then you find yourself trying to get out... we were done a page back anyway. Last I remember it was a comment by an LBJ alt troll....edit: Spur fan

Kobetards
HoopsFanNumero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1649
PickernRoller
2/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
Kobetards

Impressive.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #1650
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

that James Harden thread has got to be the most stupid thread I've ever seen around here.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: