Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #31
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

That's the way the NBA works these days, Coaches are easier to blame than anything, even obvious things like injuries. Coaches get fired all the time now, and I don't like it because it ruins the consistency of a building process, and many good coaches get fired because of factors outside their control.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

T.Duncan, KG, D.Wade, L.James, C.Anthony
Y.Ming, G.Arenas, Dirk, Nash, AI
K.Bryant, P.Pierce, E.Brand, Tmac, R.Allen
V.Carter, JO, C.Billups, Shaq (if we're talkin healthy)

Where is Gasol in this list? Can anyone find him? Top 15 my ass.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #33
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

fine, Top 18 I'll agree with, but I think everyone is underrating Pau, he led a craptastic roster to 50 win seasons 3 years in a row in the Western Conference, how many other guys can say that? Highly rated players like Bosh, JO, Ray Allen, VC etc. can't claim as much, and yet many get rated higher than Pau does. Pau is even a very good defender as well, which to me makes him at least equal to Elton Brand as far as PFs go, if not better. Not to mention he was the top player in the world championships this summer, which is not NBA, but it is nothing worth disregarding either.

Last edited by kwajo : 12-28-2006 at 04:33 PM.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #34
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
I wouldn't worry too much about the Czar. He'll go back to TNT and team up with Marv and Kerr again.
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier, and would love to see it happen. They were a good duo to listen to.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #35
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

i agree with you kwajo. It was him and miller with the likes of other complete trash.

Other PFs have had better supporting casts but not do as well as pau.

Keep in mind that memphis was in the WESTERN CONFERENCE and taht deserves some bearing as well.

I think it was a bad decision by Mr. NBA logo jerry west
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #36
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

bad news for the czar.

he's a great NBA coach and will find employment elsewhere.

bucks, wolves and hawks SERIOUSLY need to give this guy a look.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #37
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Czar will be back in the broadcast booth...
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #38
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

unbelievable, the grizz aren't even doing that bad considering they were missing Pau and were tanking for Oden anyways.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #39
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
bad news for the czar.

he's a great NBA coach and will find employment elsewhere.

bucks, wolves and hawks SERIOUSLY need to give this guy a look.
dear god.

please make this move mcfail
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #40
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
T.Duncan, KG, D.Wade, L.James, C.Anthony
Y.Ming, G.Arenas, Dirk, Nash, AI
K.Bryant, P.Pierce, E.Brand, Tmac, R.Allen
V.Carter, JO, C.Billups, Shaq (if we're talkin healthy)

Where is Gasol in this list? Can anyone find him? Top 15 my ass.

I'll take him over Pierce, Brand, TMac, and JO. Last year when Pau was healthy he took a team full of roleplayers to nearly 50 wins. TMac is never healthy, Pierce can't take his team anywhere in the East, JO is about the same as Pau IMO, and Brand hasn't played too well this season. Not like Brand has ever taken his team places until Cassel got there anyway.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #41
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Bring in the beard.

Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #42
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I'll take him over Pierce, Brand, TMac, and JO. Last year when Pau was healthy he took a team full of roleplayers to nearly 50 wins. TMac is never healthy, Pierce can't take his team anywhere in the East, JO is about the same as Pau IMO, and Brand hasn't played too well this season. Not like Brand has ever taken his team places until Cassel got there anyway.
lol
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #43
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
lol

Please tell me WTF brand has ever done w/o Cassel? Brand had better players on his team last year and his team's record was only as good as Pau's.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

is this really fair? they traded away the glue of the team in Battier, their star player was injured in the extremely tough WEstern Conference, and unproven young players were given the task of trying to keep the franchise's hopes of getting a first playoff win afloat.

is it completely fair?

then again, the team's inability to get even a playoff win must have played a deciding factor.

also, internal team politics, what with the ensuing sale of the team may have also contributed something. either way, does anyone think Fratello is going back to TV?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #45
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
this just made my day

Hakim Warrick is a starter again, F*** Fagello
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: