Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #31
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
cause they're both small and quick? great comparison. all small and quick players are the same player apparently.

Only because they would be able to TEACH him how to play the game and make sure he utilizes his obvious potential. Good coaching has as much to do with a players development even more so for a high schooler then anything else. Also dont discount the fact that he would be able to mature into a system and learn his place within it. His skillset isnt much different from parker, parker just finishes better around the basket.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #32
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Telfair is soft and Parker has no court vision. Telfair is a distributor by nature. I can't see him putting up 20ppg on any kind of team in any situation in the NBA.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #33
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Not BS at all. Felipe suffered numerous injuries while playing at St John's.

Are you sure Omar Cook didn't reach the level he was supposed to? He was told by NBA types not to come out as a High Schooler and then told by Mike Jarvis and NBA types not to come out as a Freshman.

I don't see how you can call him over-rated/over-hyped. He was told ahead of time he probably won't make the league.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
so what you're saying is that James ideal PG is Delonte West.

I'm guessing you wouldn't give him up. I wouldn't if I were you. especially for whatever crap the Cavs could give you.
Delonte West probably isn't anyone's "ideal" pg due to what he's lacking as a ballhandler (his dribbling isn't terrible but he's going to struggle if he gets pressed) but if you want to restrict the choices to Celtics I guess he would fit beside James best. I really wish Rondo could shoot. Oh well.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #35
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Telfair is soft and Parker has no court vision. Telfair is a distributor by nature. I can't see him putting up 20ppg on any kind of team in any situation in the NBA.

So sebastian would be better than parker as a pg then if he ws on the spurs?
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Not BS at all. Felipe suffered numerous injuries while playing at St John's.

Are you sure Omar Cook didn't reach the level he was supposed to? He was told by NBA types not to come out as a High Schooler and then told by Mike Jarvis and NBA types not to come out as a Freshman.

I don't see how you can call him over-rated/over-hyped. He was told ahead of time he probably won't make the league.

Felipe was just the golden boy for spanish people built up bigger than he was. Total flop. If his injuries affected his game that badly then he wouldnt have been credited for being one of the players to bring the Big East back to stardom. Him along with Iverson were guys responsible for the emergence of a great and competitive conference.

I'm not talkin out my ass because i watched him play every year in college.

Omar Cook was overhyped not overrated. Difference. And it goes with this perceptin placed on NY PG's like they are something to watch, keep an eye on and they really arent. Same with Ed Cota...before he got to college he was this NY PGod from NYC. Ohhh wow. Guys given too much shine, too much limelight just because thier location sats one of the 5 boroughs in NY. Thats what this is about...not "Oh another NY PG didnt become a HOF, Franchise player". If Sebastian Telfair came out of St Louis he wouldnt have had the hype he did coming out of NY. Lets be real. There is like a bias or a false perception that NY PG's are something to watch.

Last edited by GOBB : 12-29-2006 at 03:39 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #37
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Quote:
Telfair is a distributor by nature.
Actually, he looks for his own shot a lot - at least he was earlier in the year.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #38
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Telfair blows. He is a shoot first pg who can't shoot.
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #39
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Felipe was just the golden boy for spanish people built up bigger than he was. Total flop. If his injuries affected his game that badly then he wouldnt have been credited for being one of the players to bring the Big East back to stardom. Him along with Iverson were guys responsible for the emergence of a great and competitive conference.

I'm not talkin out my ass because i watched him play every year in college.

The Big East was a great conference long before Allen or Felipe.

Also injuries didn't rob Felie of skill. They robbed him of the athleticism he needed to be an above average NBA wing player.

Quote:
Omar Cook was overhyped not overrated. Difference. And it goes with this perceptin placed on NY PG's like they are something to watch, keep an eye on and they really arent. Same with Ed Cota...before he got to college he was this NY PGod from NYC. Ohhh wow. Guys given too much shine, too much limelight just because thier location sats one of the 5 boroughs in NY. Thats what this is about...not "Oh another NY PG didnt become a HOF, Franchise player". If Sebastian Telfair came out of St Louis he wouldnt have had the hype he did coming out of NY. Lets be real. There is like a bias or a false perception that NY PG's are something to watch.

You are just plain wrong. The PG's out of NYC that get hyped all went on the be productive players at the next level. The hype was due to the skill and style of play not their residence.

All these guys got hyped cause they showed their ass at the ABCD camp with their handle, passing, and "swagger".
Old 12-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Big East was a great conference long before Allen or Felipe.

Also injuries didn't rob Felie of skill. They robbed him of the athleticism he needed to be an above average NBA wing player.

He wasnt even good at St Johns. Scored but not in an impressive manner. Big East was idle before those two came thru. They gave it a jump.

Quote:
You are just plain wrong. The PG's out of NYC that get hyped all went on the be productive players at the next level. The hype was due to the skill and style of play not their residence.

All these guys got hyped cause they showed their ass at the ABCD camp with their handle, passing, and "swagger".

And being from NY. Lets not kid outselves.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #41
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Quote:
Delonte West probably isn't anyone's "ideal"
Delonte West is an ideal second guard off the bench.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #42
Da KO King

Quote:
He wasnt even good at St Johns. Scored but not in an impressive manner. Big East was idle before those two came thru. They gave it a jump.

And being from NY. Lets not kid outselves.
You do realize St John's was a predominately half-court team right? The mismatch of the Felipe and Red Storm pairing is why most people in NY still say Felipe should have went to UNC.

If you mean idle as in not really "exciting" I can agree with that. If you as far as wins and losses I say you're wrong but can settle for an agreement to disagree.

Being from NYC was irrelevant in the hype Omar Cook amongst other received.

When Omar Cook went to ABCD as an incoming senior he killed everyone. Not just killed them but did it in style throwing ridiculous passes all over the place. Whatever court he played on at the camp was the one that drew the biggest crowd.

When Sebastian Telfair went to ABCD as an incoming senior he killed his two closest rivals in Shaun Livingston and Darius Washington. He also did it in style breaking down people off the dribble with ease. He was labeled the best one on one player at the camp.

Being from NYC had nothing to do with that.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
You do realize St John's was a predominately half-court team right? The mismatch of the Felipe and Red Storm pairing is why most people in NY still say Felipe should have went to UNC.

He should have played baseball.

Quote:
If you mean idle as in not really "exciting" I can agree with that. If you as far as wins and losses I say you're wrong but can settle for an agreement to disagree.

Yes idle as in not exciting. Not idle from a wins/losses standpoint.

Quote:
Being from NYC was irrelevant in the hype Omar Cook amongst other received.

When Omar Cook went to ABCD as an incoming senior he killed everyone. Not just killed them but did it in style throwing ridiculous passes all over the place. Whatever court he played on at the camp was the one that drew the biggest crowd.

When Sebastian Telfair went to ABCD as an incoming senior he killed his two closest rivals in Shaun Livingston and Darius Washington. He also did it in style breaking down people off the dribble with ease. He was labeled the best one on one player at the camp.

Being from NYC had nothing to do with that.

If you feel that way. I damn sure dont. If Sebastian did that and was from another city he wouldnt have had the same hype as he did being from NY and doing those things. NY PG's just get more attention than other PGs in the nation. Jameer Nelson lives in NY and he goes to a bigtime div 1 program and when drafted is a lottery pick. Location to me when it comes to NY and the guard will always be a factor. NY has this "rep" of having the guards. THe flashy passing, sick handles having PGs. They've always held that rep and any kid with talent who is out on display from NY? Will get more light, more cameras, more words in thier articles over someone from another city.

Just how i feel. Nothing deep, no hatrage. Really not an issue I have bitter feelings over. Just calling it how i see it. Dont expect everyone to see it the same. You obviously dont and thats all gravy & rice.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #44
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Some cats have to go thru the sucky period before they blow up. Jermaine O'Neal was a dud his first five years, then he just broke out of hibernation once he got to Indiana. Even Kobe and KG weren't all that spectacular in their first year or two. Everybody can't be Lebron. Then again, the L is much rougher for point guards coming out of high school than it is for the other positions. Can you name the last point guard to wreck straight out of high school.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

To Telfairs defense its not like Devin Harris and Shaun Livingston are anything to write home to mom about. But if Devin andf Shaun were from NY and Telfair wasnt...I'd by calling them overhyped NY PGs :
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: