Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #31
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Correct. Usually quotes mean the person said those exact words, not "this is my interpretation of what Jerry Stackhouse said."
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #32
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
although I still think Stack's comment was a bti wrong, it wans't nearly as bad as the thread title made it out to be. ISH people can be pretty desperate at starting fake beef by rephrasing and rewording things people say and putting as a thread title. Come on man.

LOL it not even like that with me..

But Ya my fault, shouldn't have quoted that in the title. Not exactly what Stackhouse said,...

However, still...

"He has aspirations of winning scoring titles, no matter who's on his team,"

What do you think he is insinuating with these commments?

It's pretty much the same thing IMO. He's stating AI, even with the grand support on this Denver squad, is not going to defer all that much and is going worry about scoring titles. Basically calling him an all out selfish player and that scoring titles is A.I's main motive when playing basketball.

It's still a cheap dig either way.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 12-24-2006 at 09:41 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #33
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

I don't know what Stack is insinuating for sure. I can speculate, but I'm neither Stack or a psychologist.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Yes let's all jump on the "Kill Stack for his comments" bandwagon.

So what Stack may actually be right that the Allen and Carmelo Anthony duet may not work. We shall only focus on how vindictively phrased it was.
Stack blatantly disrespected the desire of a man who wasn't even in the damn room. he basically said that AI only cares about himself and his stats and winning and his teammates are the last things on his mind. he said this to the PRESS. whether its in context or not its still blatant disrespect.

if AI cares about winning a scoring title why did he just demand to be traded from a team that lets him score as much as he wants, to a team with another 30ppg scorer on it that will take shots away from him?

Stackhouse is a total joke and could not care less about winning. he's a loser with no skillset and everytime he talks trash he gets smacked back. I can't wait to see AI drop 40 on his team. even better if he gets 15/15 and Melo gets 40 and they win.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #35
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

Quote:
"He has aspirations of winning scoring titles, no matter who's on his team,"

What do you think he is insinuating with these commments?

It's pretty much the same thing IMO.

"I killed that man!" and "I killed that man?" are pretty much the same thing too.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:22 PM   #36
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

this is one of those situations where mentality is obviously troubled.

stackhouse is on a title contending team. he can bs aboutwhatever he feels like. its bad players, knowing they arent half the player someone is, so they say bad things. its ignorance, something lakers fans really know about.

i guess if u once reigned and are dethroned, u tend to feel better then those who take ur place. it would be maybe how kobe would be after he retires and a new star rises. kobe might say something stupid too.

speculations. but stackhouse is not 10% the player ai is.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #37
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people
Default That's exactly what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Stackhouses posse and A.I.'s posse had beef. There crews got into it somewhere, maybe a game?

I don't remember the exact specifics but it was reported a while ago.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #38
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

have fun winning with Stackhouse Mavs fans
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #39
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Stackhouses posse and A.I.'s posse had beef. There crews got into it somewhere, maybe a game?

They had a dance off to settle it.

Stackhouse's posse was served
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #40
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Though I don't fully agree to what Stackhouse said, I know what he was trying to say. I don't think Iverson is interested in winning the scoring title again and I know he prefers winning to padding the stats, but with the way Iverson has been playing, Stackhouse could be correct in saying "give it until the end of the season, somebody might want to get out".

For the last few days I've been reading a lot of posts insisting how Iverson would be a different player in Denver by stepping down and helping develop young guns in Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith, but to my knowledge and experience, a player doesn't change overnight. Iverson has always been the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on his team since the day he picked up the ball. People expected him to form a deadly scoring duo with Jerry Stackhouse and it didn't work. Van Horn looked like the guy who could perfectly compliment Iverson as Van Horn was a scorer who didn't need the ball in his hands but it didn't work either. And in Philadelphia, whom Iverson had were far from being the worst squad in the East but their record was saying otherwise.

If it works for the Nuggets, it would be great from the standpoint of a basketball fan, but at this point I honestly don't see Iverson leading the Nuggets close to the championship in Denver. One ball. A couple of selfish players. I could be proven wrong but I wouldn't bet my money on the Nuggets as of now.

Last edited by Human Error : 12-25-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #41
NugzFan
College superstar

NugzFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH
Stackhouse is right. Props to him for having the nutters to speak publically about Iverson's selfishness. It's only a matter of time before coach John Lithgow and Carmella are fed up with Iverson's act in Denver.

Bad trade for the Nuggets.

NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #42
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

AI's assists stats are misleading. They may seem high, but all the high assist numbers require him to dominate the ball and dish it out when he goes into traffic. He doesn't really run the offense. He just slashes, prays someone is open when he dishes and hopes for the assist.
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:50 AM   #43
NugzFan
College superstar

NugzFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Though I don't fully agree to what Stackhouse said, I know what he was trying to say. I don't think Iverson is interested in winning the scoring title again and I know he prefers winning to padding the stats, but with the way Iverson has been playing, Stackhouse could be correct in saying "give it until the end of the season, somebody might want to get out".

For the last few days I've been reading a lot of posts insisting how Iverson would be a different player in Denver by stepping down and helping develop young guns in Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith, but to my knowledge and experience, a player doesn't change overnight. Iverson has always been the 1st, 2nd and 3rd option on his team since the day he picked up the ball. People expected him to form a deadly scoring duo with Jerry Stackhouse and it didn't work. Van Horn looked like the guy who could perfectly compliment Iverson as Van Horn was a scorer who didn't need the ball in his hands but it didn't work either. And in Philadelphia, whom Iverson had were far from being the worst squad in the East but their record was saying otherwise.

If it works for the Nuggets, it would be great from the standpoint of a basketball fan, but at this point I honestly don't see Iverson leading the Nuggets close to the championship in Denver. One ball. A couple of selfish players. I could be proven wrong but I wouldn't bet my money on the Nuggets as of now.

whos selfish?

we may not win the title but it dosnt make the trade a bad one nor AI a ball hog. he wants to make it work and hes a different player than in philly - he cares about winning. not shots.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:00 AM   #44
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
AI's assists stats are misleading. They may seem high, but all the high assist numbers require him to dominate the ball and dish it out when he goes into traffic. He doesn't really run the offense. He just slashes, prays someone is open when he dishes and hopes for the assist.

Watching his first game as a Nugget, he ran the offense like he'd been in it for years. And driving and getting the ball to open people or drawing defenders and hitting open guys is much better than Miller slowing it down and getting assists off of Melo. As long as he's actually creating open opportunities for people in the halfcourt O, then he's doing his job. That's what a pg is supposed to do. Its what Nash does. All pgs get assists by dominating the ball, Kidd is the best at not dominating the ball and getting a great number of assists. And I know a lot of the scorers like AI/Kobe/MJ(in the past)/Arenas that get a lot of assists often do it just cause they have the ball a lot and getting guys open by being such scoring threats. Well of all those type guys, AI has proven to show the ability to actually create like a real pg in times when he doesn't try to be a dominant scorer, he's got great passing ability and can get absolutely anywhere on the floor with his speed.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 12-25-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:44 AM   #45
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

who the hell stackhouse thinks himself is????

The guy is big time idiot and deserves no comment.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: