Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
Vman23
I hit open layups

Vman23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Arenas's New Phrase (Kobe Related)

This is too funny-

Quote:
For the time being, anyway, he said he has stopped saying "hibachi" when his jump shot is in mid-flight even though, as teammate Caron Butler said Friday, "Once he starts saying that, I know it's money."

Now Arenas claims to utter the phrase "quality shots," a tweak at Kobe Bryant's petulant criticism following Arenas's 60-point game against Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers last Sunday

"Ever since Kobe said I was lucky, I say 'quality shots,' " Arenas said with a grin and a twinkle in his eye after scoring 54 points in the Wizards' 144-139 overtime victory over Phoenix before 18,422 at U.S. Airlines Center on Friday.

"Maybe Kobe would say that was luck. It's luck when you score 30 or 40, but luck can't get you 50 or 60. Every game before the game, I make 10 threes from 10 spots on the court. That's 100 threes."

Arenas made 21 of 37 field goal attempts, including 6 of 12 three-point attempts, to go with four assists and three steals while breaking Bryant's U.S. Airways record of 51 points, set April 7, 2006.
Vman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beautiful.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

gilbert arenas just became my favorite player, and by far the coolest player in the league.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's so quirky. Just hilarious.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I like how Arenas is starting to get some swagger to go with his good play.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

he actually has some identity to me now, before it was just "that guy that gets 30pppg and does nothing else" now he's gotta a little flavor to him.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Gil is my guy but it's not wise to poke #24 when they still have a game to play. I can't wait for February
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

What started the Hibachi thing anyways?
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
HHH
I hit open 5-footers

HHH has no real reputation yet.

I don't ever recall Kobe saying that ArenASS was "lucky." But I guess Gilbert just wants to keep his name in the papers. Kinda sad that the only way he can get any press whatsoever is when Kobe's name is brought into it.

It didn't last long for Mitch Richmond and it won't last long for Gilbert Arenas. Enjoy your 15 minutes Gilbert. The clock is ticking......
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
HHH
I hit open 5-footers

HHH has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
he actually has some identity to me now, before it was just "that guy that gets 30pppg and does nothing else" now he's gotta a little flavor to him.

Thanks to Kobe.

It won't be long before he'll go back to being "that guy that gets 30 ppg and does nothing else." :
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

What an assh*le Bryant is.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'd love to hang with Arenas. Guy is straight up radackulous.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #14
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH
I don't ever recall Kobe saying that ArenASS was "lucky." But I guess Gilbert just wants to keep his name in the papers. Kinda sad that the only way he can get any press whatsoever is when Kobe's name is brought into it.

It didn't last long for Mitch Richmond and it won't last long for Gilbert Arenas. Enjoy your 15 minutes Gilbert. The clock is ticking......

He's only 24 and he's already averaging 30 a game. He could be a future hall of famer for all you know. Besides, Richmond was a good player. He scored over 20,000 in his career averaged 21 a game on 46% shooting
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Has quickly become the worst Bryant Groupie ever.

And on this board, that's saying a lot. Congrats!
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: