Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #121
bagelred
My team always wins

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I recently watched Dark Knight Rises again on PPV...I found it to be much worse than I remember

It certainly wasn't as epic as they wanted it to be. The movie felt hollow...especially as compared to the 2nd one.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #122
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
I recently watched Dark Knight Rises again on PPV...I found it to be much worse than I remember

starting from when Batman walks up to Gordon on the ice, lights up his flaming bat symbol until then end, is just filled with cringe worthy scenes.

the entire giant melee fight...a giant fist fight (while everyone has guns) is almost like something from the old Batman TV show

Bane and Batman magically find each other in the center of huge fist fight

the stabbing in the side while telling Batman her whole master plan

Cat woman saves the day complete with cheezy one-liner

That whole scene is so awful, it damn near ruins what is really a great movie...I wish he would redo the end, because it really isn't good at all.

You are no fun
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #123
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
You are no fun

Yeah, seeing holes where there aren't really holes. The main hole i can see people complaining about is how Bruce got back into Gotham when it was supposed to be on lockdown. I've watched the movie about four times and each time its still very entertaining. Its a three hour movie (i think) that feels like it goes by in half the time, a sign of great pacing and directing.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #124
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

not claiming thos to be "holes' just super cheezy

I was waiting to see

during that giant fist fight
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #125
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

At the end of the day its still a movie about a grown man dressing up as a super hero to fight bad guys without the use of guns. I know Nolan grounds it so much that people expect a dark psychological drama, but only so much can be done without scrapping the Batman character completely.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #126
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The only thing I kind of didn't like was how abruptly Bane died. Still better the the ending of the second movie though. One of those boats needed to blow up.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #127
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Second trailer looks amazingggggg
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #128
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

superman would be a much more interesting character if his alter ego was a homeless alcoholic named hancock.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #129
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
At the end of the day its still a movie about a grown man dressing up as a super hero to fight bad guys without the use of guns. I know Nolan grounds it so much that people expect a dark psychological drama, but only so much can be done without scrapping the Batman character completely.
I understand your point, however fans of the movies can't have it two ways. Can't knock other super hero movies based on "realism" yet not take any criticism for people not understanding how Batman survives and manages to swim to safety after releasing a bomb into the ocean just seconds before it detonates.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #130
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:

starting from when Batman walks up to Gordon on the ice, lights up his flaming bat symbol until then end, is just filled with cringe worthy scenes.

the entire giant melee fight...a giant fist fight (while everyone has guns) is almost like something from the old Batman TV show

Bane and Batman magically find each other in the center of huge fist fight

the stabbing in the side while telling Batman her whole master plan

Cat woman saves the day complete with cheezy one-liner

That whole scene is so awful, it damn near ruins what is really a great movie...I wish he would redo the end, because it really isn't good at all.
I actually had to agree on these points, it was a good movie but they could have done better. I was actually expecting Robin to take over the reins of batman when Bane broke his back. Still wasnt as good as the 2nd movie.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #131
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

if there was an all out brawl in your city, who would you go after? the guy with the freakish looking device on his face who is snapping people's necks, the guy dressed in black rubber from head-to-toe who thinks he's a bat, a dude who appears to be a common street thug, or lastly, a wimpy looking police officer?

i'd say considering the above, its pretty easy to see how batman and bane found each other in the crowd.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #132
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
if there was an all out brawl in your city, who would you go after? the guy with the freakish looking device on his face who is snapping people's necks, the guy dressed in black rubber from head-to-toe who thinks he's a bat, a dude who appears to be a common street thug, or lastly, a wimpy looking police officer?

I doubt Bruce actually survived. Do you guys actually think Batman would trust an autopilot with a nuclear weapon and the lives of everyone in Gotham? He was gonna sacrifice himself to save the city, that was foreshadowed with all the prior dialogue, "I haven't given them everything, not yet", "You either die a hero", etc. Batman was always destined to sacrifice himself for Gotham.

The 5 seconds, autopilot and the Italy scene were just for hope. That even in darkest days hoppe keeps us goin. But Alfred was imagining them, he said before that was his wish. A supposedly dead famous billionaire sitting at a crowded cafe would draw lot of attention.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #133
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum

i'd say considering the above, its pretty easy to see how batman and bane found each other in the crowd.
first off it would look NOTHING like that...it would look like guerrilla warfare in Iraq or something...everyone had guns yet no one used them for some reason

second, even if I did accept them finding each other in the middle of this massive brawl, the fact that they somehow found themselves in peace and quiet alone in a room where the other 10,000 brawlers didn't stumble into is also very silly and hard to look past....

and yeah, "it's a movie" but Batman takes itself way too seriously for that silly brawl IMO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #134
LA Lakers
Serious playground baller

Cant stand Zach Snyder. One of the worst Hollywood popcorn ticket sales CGI sensory overload directors.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #135
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
first off it would look NOTHING like that...it would look like guerrilla warfare in Iraq or something...everyone had guns yet no one used them for some reason

second, even if I did accept them finding each other in the middle of this massive brawl, the fact that they somehow found themselves in peace and quiet alone in a room where the other 10,000 brawlers didn't stumble into is also very silly and hard to look past....

and yeah, "it's a movie" but Batman takes itself way too seriously for that silly brawl IMO
yeah, that shit was stupid. o look here's a big scary guy breaking all the cops necks, lets run up to him instead of just shooting his ass from a safe distance?

also, how the **** does catwoman roll up on that loud ass motorcycle without bane or batman hearing?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: