Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #91
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Lol you hating on Marvel too much, didn't you like First Class? They said they ****ed up with Iron Man 2, that's why 3 will be more like the original.

Not everything needs to be gritty, realistic and dramatic, as long as the movie is entertaining with great performances, I think we can be satisfied. Oh and Blade 2>Blade dawg, come at me.

I care more about the RT score, Man of Steel may end up higher than Iron Man 3. Anything with Nolan's name on it gets extra respect.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #92
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Looks good.

Not sure why it has to be a Marvel vs DC debate every time one of these movies come out.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #93
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Lol you hating on Marvel too much, didn't you like First Class?
I'm talking about Marvel Studios. They deserve to be hated on ... Movies being made in marketing office think tanks for kids, instead of by film makers.

First Class was okay. Good in parts, but apart from Fassenberg it was whatever. Kevin Bacon as the villain was ridiculous. Un-intentionally funny, too.

It had a bunch of no name actors, C class roster of X-Men characters too. Like I said, good in parts but it isn't iconic or anything.

Quote:
They said they ****ed up with Iron Man 2, that's why 3 will be more like the original.
So they just want to re-make the original? Even without Faveraeu? And a visibly less interested Downey Jr?

RDJ looked bored as hell in Avengers. And his shtick wasn't as cute in IM 2 as it was in the original.

In the original he had the appropriate amount of charm, wit (without being annoying) with actual depth, character development, sincerity and nuance.

That was gone from his performance in both IM 2 and Avengers. Seemed like he said to hell with it, and was doing a caricature of himself instead.

IM 3 looks like one giant rip off of TDK Rises.

Quote:
everything needs to be gritty, realistic and dramatic
Where did I say everything needs to be gritty, dark, or dramatic?

I completely understand not every character is Batman. So the dark visuals, nihilistic undertones, noir type cinema, and tragic character arcs aren't a fit with every mythology.

But realism is a must, as is drama. Drama is what makes compelling stories and characters. Well, realism is the wrong word, plausibility is a must. Otherwise you're just making a campy, live action cartoon strictly for kids.

The best comic book movies, which are ADAPTATIONS of material, don't literally translate from page to screen. Like say that ridiculous CA costume in Avengers.

With real world people, actors, scenarios in order to make a movie more investment worthy, you take the fantastic characters and ideas and ADAPT them to the real world. Thus, making them plausible.

Thus there are a certain amount of changes that need to be made to make things believable or palatable. Otherwise, just make a full blown cartoon movie for kids.

That's why the first Iron Man works. It's plausible.

Quote:
Oh and Blade 2>Blade dawg, come at me.
On what grounds? The over the top, hyper stylized, idiosyncratic, redundant sequel made by the horrendous and ridiculously over the top "director" Guillermo Del Toro?

Blade 2 has moments, mainly because of Wesley Snipes complete ownage of that character, and the moments of levity from Ron Pearlman. Outside of that, the film is worse on every level.

That "gritty" feel is what gave the film such appeal, and gave it the cult following it deserved. Blade 2 takes things WAY over the top.

So maybe in essence, you prefer the more hyper stylized, campy, and cheesier take on comic book characters.

What?

Quote:
I care more about the RT score, Man of Steel may end up higher than Iron Man 3. Anything with Nolan's name on it gets extra respect.
Because his stuff deserves it. M.O.S. much like Batman Begins in 2005, is having to resurrect a franchise from beneath the earth. Going into a film w/o hype, and having to fight the demons of crappy movies that came before it an up hill battle.

IM 3 will get swarmed by the masses, and they'll think it's good even if it isn't. I mean hell, Avengers has like between 94% - 96% on RT. That movie was balls outside of the Hulk in the 3rd act.

I don't go by RT score in all cases. Some of them are way off ... as you can see.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #94
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Not sure why it has to be a Marvel vs DC debate every time one of these movies come out.

because DC

GOAT superhero movie
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #95
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Watchmen is up there for sure.

Slept on, too.
It was groundbreaking IMO

I didn't realize it's greatness the first time I saw it, after the second and third time I then realized there is just nothing else like it
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #96
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I love the Illuminati / Secret Society sub text.

That Alan Moore, he's a genius.

The book is better, though.
yeah I know most fans of the comic/graphic novel aren't big fans of the film...that's just because movies never get all the details right that fanboys love so much
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #97
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Watchmen was one of kind, and while this Superman flick might be great, it's still in the same mold as every other Super hero movie
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #98
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
First Class was okay. Good in parts, but apart from Fassenberg it was whatever. Kevin Bacon as the villain was ridiculous. Un-intentionally funny, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyw8973Ql30

Fassbender was the perfect Mangeto. Dude is like the James Bond of villians. I agree that other than his character, the movie was (just) OK.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #99
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

@Money

So do you feel The Dark Knight Rises was a disappointment as well with the implausible plot and turn of events? Because it had as many unrealistic, silly moments as those Marvel movies. Compared to TDK, it wasn't as well constructed. Joker played chess while Bane was on checkers. The movie was a real letdown due to all the facepalm worthy events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #100
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #101
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #102
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Rose
Ehh.

Not bad but not impressed.

Superman movies becoming too Emo.
HOW DARE YOU!!!!

As a DC Fanboy, I say that your opinion does not count!

I will go ahead and break down every single one of your sentences and tell you why you are WRONG using my fanboy knowledge of comicbooks!

Quote:
Ehh.

Ehh is not even a word in the dictionary! You must have low brain cells for writing something that does not exist!

Quote:
Not bad but not impressed.

Not impressed!!?? Did you just see a man in blue spandex flying? And you're not impressed? Who are you? Chris Angel? Normal people who sees a man flying in the air will naturally be impressed, hence you are not normal.

Quote:
Superman movies becoming too Emo.

Superman is NOT Emo! Maybe Clark Kent, but Superman is not! Superman maybe a voyeur (See Superman Returns movie i.e. Lois Lane apartment scene) but Emo he is not. In fact, the more Emo Superman becomes, the less emo he is. Superman Birthright and Superman Origins show that Superman has human roots!

People like you who don't like this trailer should zip it, or I will breakdown your comments once again! This is the greatest trailer ever made! This is also the greatest movie ever made even if I haven't seen it yet! People like yourself aren't entitled to an opinion! If you think it's emo then you're just a Marvel fan!

Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #103
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yep, Watchmen was awesome.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #104
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
HOW DARE YOU!!!! ...
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #105
D-Wade316
F***

Am I the only one that loves the color of the trailer?
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: