Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #31
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
Miller is better than Smush any day. What the hell are you talking about.
Agreed Miller is a better pointguard any day of the week, day, or year, whatever, but he's a horrible triangle pointguard. How many pure pointguards have ever been succesful in the triangle?Exactly, that's cause they dont suite the needs of that offense in the triangle the c or f is usually the ficilator in the o, so all that's asked of the point is to hit open shot's when the ball is kicked out to them, or backcut to the basket for easy layups, while I have no doubt Andre can handle the slashing duties, the guys has never had a jumper in his career, and then you take away his best ability which is to drop dimes by making him more of a scorer which he never has been.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #32
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by millencolin735
Agreed Miller is a better pointguard any day of the week, day, or year, whatever, but he's a horrible triangle pointguard. How many pure pointguards have ever been succesful in the triangle?Exactly, that's cause they dont suite the needs of that offense in the triangle the c or f is usually the ficilator in the o, so all that's asked of the point is to hit open shot's when the ball is kicked out to them, or backcut to the basket for easy layups, while I have no doubt Andre can handle the slashing duties, the guys has never had a jumper in his career, and then you take away his best ability which is to drop dimes by making him more of a scorer which he never has been.

I see your point of view. Though, here's a golden opportunity to grab a feasible pg. If we're going to keep saying, that person won't fit, that person will fit. We're going to lose out. We'll never know, until we try. I say give Miller a chance, he has to be better than Smush at running the show for LA. Anyone is better than Smush!

Last edited by LakersRuleTheNBA : 12-23-2006 at 05:38 AM.
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #33
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Quote:
I see your point of view. Though, here's a golden opportunity to grab a feasible pg. If we're going to keep saying, that person won't fit, that person will fit. We're going to lose out. We'll never know, until we try. I say give Miller a chance, he has to be better than Smush at running the show for LA. Anyone is better than Smush!

Good point, but Andre's got like 2 or 3 years on his deal if it doesnt work out, then what were stuck with a relativly useless pointguard and his trade value will of dramatically diminished. Plus Smush cant be doing all that bad a job, I mean the Lakers 18-9 with one of the best records in the league, and dudes been really stepping it up lately.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #34
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they can move Miller for an expiring contract and two picks, the Denver deal will look better. The question is what can you do with five draft picks, if you suck as a GM. Four picks will probably be late in the first round. Now you can get a Josh Howard, Kevin Martin, David Lee or Leandro Barbosa at those spots, but you can also get Pavel, Kleiza, Ebi and Dahntay.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The Lakers will have 0 use for Miller. He is only useful off the dribble and he overdribbles (not good for the triangle), and he can't shoot a lick (definately horrible for the triangle). And Smush is probably a better defender.

It would be great if the Sixers could send him somewhere and get a 1st round pick, no matter where it is. Only places I can see him having an impact is in Minnesota/Houston/Sac/Boston (not happening)/Cleveland/Atlanta when it comes to playoff contenders. And yes, in the East the Hawks are a playoff contender, sadly.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #36
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I think it should be noted that this is pure speculation by Peter Vecsey. He thinks the 76ers are looking to move Miller.

Unlike some of the other crap he types he's not even pretending to have gotten this from a source.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #37
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

"I hope your kidding Andre would be a horibble fit in LA he cant shoot and he's not a very good system player at all, he's an open court pg, and there has never been a pg like that that's worked out in the triangle(just ask GP). Oh and c'mon a 1st rounder for Andre on top of a bunch of good role players, and our biggest problem with our points is consistent d which Andre will in no way help."

I'm glad someone has half a brain. Miller would blow serious amounts of ass in the triangle. And he's as bad as Smush is defensively, if not worse. In the last Nuggets game I watched, Chucky friggin' Atkins lit his ass up.

There's no point trading for him and his huge contract when we already have a player who's just as good at 1/10th of the price. I really don't understand all the Smush hate. Vujacic? Yeah, he's awful - but Smush? Why is this board so intent on burying him? He's not a top-tier point guard, but he's a solid starter and he's playing for peanuts. I'd much rather him than Miller.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #38
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the cavs should get miller, just like the old days.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #39
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Mimh is not a scrub. They get a decent starter or a great back up. The rest are scrubs.

again Philly is looking to tank and get expirers. the last thing they want is to win (as they did last night)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #40
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Larry Brown and his obsession with Eric Snow make the Cavs seem like a likely spot.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #41
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Larry Brown and his obsession with Eric Snow make the Cavs seem like a likely spot.

*laugh* I was just thinking that myself. Larry Brown's the only one in the league besides Mike Brown who likes Eric Snow. Let Philly have him. Maybe we can convince them that Drew Gooden 'has potential'.

*rofl*

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #42
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Philly is tanking this season, this is bad.

Philly is going to be stuck with Kevin Ollie as their starting PG
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #43
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

If you LA fans are hoping to send McKie back to Philly for Miller, figure another way out.

McKie was waived from the amnesty rule and can't return to Philly until his original contract is up.

and yes, we're still paying him.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #44
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

laker fans will do whatever it takes to get a new pg whether its gary payton :)
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #45
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I thought we already learned from the Clippers that Lamar Odom and Andre Miller can't co-exist. Why would you try it again?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: