Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #46
Mayweather
I brick open layups

Mayweather has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Bibby who?

Mike who?

[edit]: Was just watching NBA Broadband and the Better Basketball DVD commerical came on. "...or if you're big time like Mike Bibby"... lol

Last edited by Mayweather : 12-24-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Mayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #47
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
2) Jason Terry > Mike Bibby
no.

you guys are clueless. Mike Bibby is almost completely reliant on his jumper, which is one of the best in basketball. he's got a ****ed up hand- how easy do you think it is to swish 25 foot jumpers with perfect precision when your hand is broken? it aint that easy.

he's for a long time been one of the most clutch guys in the L. HOW QUICKLY we all forget. Mike Bibby is no all star but he's the total package offensively at the PG position. quit hating and wait until he's healthy. Jason Terry is not CLOSE to Mike Bibby in any way whatsoever. not one single solitary area.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:50 PM   #48
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Quote:
A pg who can't pass is not a pg.
6apg isn't being able to pass? News to me.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #49
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I think Mike Bibby should be traded though. he doesn't fit in this team, you need some variety, and everyone on the Kings other than Artest is a soft shooter who can pass just like Bibby is. its redundant. I'm sure there are teams out there that can make better use of Bibby.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #50
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
I am a Laker fan but as a fan of basketball I expect point guards to be point guards not one dimensional chuckers. I expect any basketball player in the NBA to be able to play some sort of defense. I expect a player who claimed "the team was his" to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. It took a crazy Ron Artest to lead the team to the playoffs last year. I don't like sissy boys who cry about their teammates getting traded. That's life in the NBA. A pg who can't pass is not a pg. CP3 as a rookie>Bibby his entire career. Please don't talk about Bibby until he does something special in his NBA career. Bibby who?

You're those clowns that looks at numbers strictly and determine who's good right? Like those same clowns that kept insisting Marbury was "elite" all them years when he was getting 20 and 9. It wasn't until the last year or two was Marbury finally exposed as a loser and a cancer. I used to argue this with my friends all the time, years, years ago. I always told them I'd rather have Eric Snow running my team than Marbury, all of them thought I was crazy at the time cause Marbury was 20 and 9 and Snow was just a solid role player on the Sixers.

Now look what's up, Marbury's stock dropped so bad he probably can't even be traded straight up for Luke Walton.

Point is, numbers aren't everything, whty don't you watch some games before declaring Bibby as just a chucker and how "he isn't a PG". Dude's a more solid PG than at least 15 other starting PGs in the league.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:47 AM   #51
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Jason Terry is not CLOSE to Mike Bibby in any way whatsoever. not one single solitary area.
Terry is a better shooter, and a much better defender. Bibby's lack of ability to run the point has been maksed by his teammates who happend to be some of the best passers in their respective positions(Brad Miller/Doug Christie/Chris Webber).
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:06 AM   #52
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
You're those clowns that looks at numbers strictly and determine who's good right? Like those same clowns that kept insisting Marbury was "elite" all them years when he was getting 20 and 9. It wasn't until the last year or two was Marbury finally exposed as a loser and a cancer. I used to argue this with my friends all the time, years, years ago. I always told them I'd rather have Eric Snow running my team than Marbury, all of them thought I was crazy at the time cause Marbury was 20 and 9 and Snow was just a solid role player on the Sixers.

Now look what's up, Marbury's stock dropped so bad he probably can't even be traded straight up for Luke Walton.

Point is, numbers aren't everything, whty don't you watch some games before declaring Bibby as just a chucker and how "he isn't a PG". Dude's a more solid PG than at least 15 other starting PGs in the league.

What Ron Artest said..Soft with no defense.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: