Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 PM   #1
Mayweather
I brick open layups

Mayweather has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Mike Bibby just a chucker now

I must admit I havent seen much of the Kings play this season. Everytime I look at the box score, I see Bibby shooting 3-12, 4-16ish FGs. I always thought he was a gym rat and could shoot with the best of them. Whats going on? Is he a chucker now?
Mayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hurt his shooting hand before the season started.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweather
I must admit I havent seen much of the Kings play this season. Everytime I look at the box score, I see Bibby shooting 3-12, 4-16ish FGs. I always thought he was a gym rat and could shoot with the best of them. Whats going on? Is he a chucker now?

Along with chucking, Artest calls him soft with no d. Which is true on all accounts.
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
Mayweather
I brick open layups

I mean, no defense is one thing, but his shooting seemed to suffer a lot. If his hand is still injured, why is he on the floor?
Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweather
I mean, no defense is one thing, but his shooting seemed to suffer a lot. If his hand is still injured, why is he on the floor?

No. His luck as a shooter has ran out, teams know how to defend him now. He's also seemed slow out there.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #6
togaed
Kids at the park dunk on me

togaed has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Hurt his shooting hand before the season started.

He's there to help his teammates with his leadership abilities.
togaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
Mayweather
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
No. His luck as a shooter has ran out, teams know how to defend him now. He's also seemed slow out there.

Eh? His luck as a shooter? What does that mean?

A career .447 shooter is shooting at .355 this season is very odd. Look at his career stats and its obvious that this season there's a major drop in his FG% and 3PFG%.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

It's the new haircut, he's lost his mojo
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by togaed
He's there to help his teammates with his leadership abilities.

What does that have to do with his %'s?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
A career .447 shooter is shooting at .355 this season is very odd. Look at his career stats and its obvious that this season there's a major drop in his FG% and 3PFG%.

Like I said before, he hurt his shooting hand and that's why he's been off.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Shows what you know. That injury effected two areas: his thumb, and his wrist. He just recently said it is getting back to normal. Now, he has to focus on getting back into his normal shot, when all this time he has had to adjust because of the injury. In preseason, before the unjury, he was shooting a crazy pct. Please know wtf you are talking about next time.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:26 AM   #12
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Shows what you know. That injury effected two areas: his thumb, and his wrist. He just recently said it is getting back to normal. In preseason, before the unjury, he was shooting a crazy pct. Please know wtf you are talking about next time.

heard of sarcasm?

Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #13
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

I think its a combination of the injury and the Kings just playing poor basketball. He doesn't get as many good looks as much as he used to. I thought Salmons and Kevin Martin would give Bibby more space but I guess not. Plus, I suspect that he doesn't like Artest or how Mussleman is coaching the team but obviously he would never say it.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
Snow
I brick open layups

Snow has an OK reputation so far

When Webber left, the Kings were still a decent team weren't they? Too bad Peja wasn't happy there. Not a single motherf*cker benefited from all the player shifting that went on about for the last 3 seasons except for Kevin Martin.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #15
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
heard of sarcasm?

It's hard to differenciate sarcasm from ignorance in text.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: